Absolutely stuck - where do I go now?

Started by RookieDTer, May 26, 2014, 02:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RookieDTer

Howdy all - Ranked 8.5k, which is a bit behind where I want to be... but, stuck on where to from now.

$34k
DEF: McVeigh, Heath Shaw, Suckling, Kade Kolddajsdsaj, Langdon, Langford (Xellis, Griffiths)
MID: Gablett, Pendles, Beams, Swan, Jelwood, Heppel, Fyfe, Scooter Selwood (Matty Wright, Hallahan)
Ruck: Sandi & Cox (Currie & Derickx)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Nick Roo, Parker, Dusty Martin, Franklin, Ambrose (Charlie Cameron, Bock#)

#I was overseas from team announcement to lockout, so I couldn't untrade Bock :(.

I've highlighted the four players I think I need to get rid of first.

I want, in no particular order:
Kelly, Goddard, Bartel, Simpson, Watson, Shiels ($433k!), Walker and Bews.

It is complicated by the fact that I have Matty Wright on my Mid bench.... waste of $400k. This means I really need to trade either Matty Wright, or a Fwd out (and move Matty Wright to Fwd line - instead of playing one of Cameron/Ambrose/Bock).

Without this complication, I'd go -Griffiths -Shaw +Bartel +Bews.... but, again, this means I lose 21 points by having Matty Wright on the pine and playing one of Cameron/Abrose/Bock... Wright is averaging 81... so not too bad.

At the moment, I've gone:
-Ambrose, move Wright to F6, +Shenton
-Shaw + Kelly

Which should improve my scores by a hearty 45 or so each week.

BUT, this means I miss out on Goddard, Bartel, Simpson, Watson, Shiels ($433k!), Walker and Bews.

colmullet

I'd probably trade Wright to Shenton, then upgrade Griffiths to a back premo and get to a full premo side before side trading guys like shaw

Dale S

Wright to tex then Griffiths to Birch or Kelly or something if you can afford it?

RookieDTer

Quote from: colmullet on May 26, 2014, 02:53:12 PM
I'd probably trade Wright to Shenton, then upgrade Griffiths to a back premo and get to a full premo side before side trading guys like shaw
Means I play:
Ambrose (60)
Bartel (105)
Shaw (75)

If I do the OP trades I play:
Wright (80)
Kelly (95)
Griffiths/Langford (65)

So, 240 v 240.

Definitely worth considering. Current trades only leave me with $19k, so I'll run the numbers and see if that increases with your suggestion.

Quote from: Dale S on May 26, 2014, 02:54:10 PM
Wright to tex then Griffiths to Birch or Kelly or something if you can afford it?
I had tried around a few combinations, and I couldn't get anything to work.
Wright, Griffiths, $34k = 723.5k
-Tex = 437.5k

Leaving Shiels....

So, Wright (80) v Shiels (100)
Ambrose (60) v Walker (80)
Looks nice on paper...

But, that means my midfield is:
Gablett, Pendles, Beams, Swan, Jelwood, Heppel, Fyfe, Shiels (Scooter Selwood, Hallahan)

Its too early for Scooter to be M9, given how many defensive rookies that I have.

Can you see anyway to make a similar trade work?

colmullet

yeah you cant get Shiels with a full midfield already so don't worry about him, your objective should be to remove rookies from your field as a priority

RookieDTer

Quote from: colmullet on May 26, 2014, 03:08:25 PM
yeah you cant get Shiels with a full midfield already so don't worry about him, your objective should be to remove rookies from your field as a priority
Yea, one of Ambrose/Griffiths/Langford needs to go.

Griffiths is the most expensive, so it makes sense that I trade him out. Then can hopefully try and get rid of Shaw next week.

Yea, I'm leaning towards your trade being better than mine - the leftover cash is within $1k, so no different there.

Though, it is tempting to get Kelly instead of Bartel, leaving me with $100k instead of $19k. This $100k can then be used to hopefully get rid of Ambrose next week.

RookieDTer

What about...

-Wright + Shenton (To M10)
-Shaw +Bartel
$127k cash left over.

Playing:
Ambrose
Bartel
Griffiths/Langford/XEllis (65) (Probably choose XEllis, last 89, versus North Melbourne)

Compared to your suggestion which would leave:
Ambrose
Bartel
Shaw

This means I play XEllis (89 last week) instead of Shaw (51 last week)... XEllis, like I said, plays North Melbourne at Pattersons and GWS plays Hawks.

I then end the round with $127k and can easily upgrade Griffiths/Langford/XEllis depending on breakevens (to Simpson/Kelly) or Ambrose (to Boomer Harvey/Daulhaus/Chapman/Tex Walker).

Should be able to get $300k for Griffiths/Langford + $127k cash = $427k... Kelly will cost around $480k, so just need to find $50k downgrade - should be easy.