Fanplanner trial team

Started by jason100, November 06, 2013, 05:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason100

TEAM NAME: Trial Team 2014
DEF: B. Goddard, L. Hodge, B. Houli, R. Henderson, M. Suckling, N. Bock (C. Howard, M. Scharenberg)
MID: D. Swan, L. Montagna, J. Steven, B. Ellis, C. Young, J. Kelly, J. Aish, X. Ellis (J. Martin, L. Taylor)
RUC: D. Cox, H. McIntosh (L. McBean, M. Apeness)
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, C. Wingard, T. Walker, V. Michie, B. Lennon (J. Hogan, D. Menzel)
CASH LEFT: $24,200

This is my fanplanner team. I'll explain some of the unique choices in my team to you.

Houli - After a bad start scoring 54 and 38 in his first 2 games, he went on some pretty good form after that
Henderson - In his last 7 games excluding the one he was subbed he averaged 100 and is dpp def/fwd
J. Steven - Averaged 111 in his last 7, is getting to his prime and is up against Gws and Melbourne first 2 rounds
Ellis - take away all the games he was the sub and he averages 102, 3rd year breakout as well. Hopefully he has graduated from being the sub
Young - Chose him because I don't know too many of the rookies
Wingard - Absolute gun and in his 3rd year this year coming up. Same situation as Heppell last year

Bye structure -
Def 3/3/1
Mid 4/1/2
Ruc 2/1/0
Fwd 3/1/3
Overall 12/6/6 with 6 draftees

Thoughts would be Appreciated  ;D

popedelio

Nice looking team so far, here just some comments and opinions by me :)

All of the likes of Goddard, Hodge, Johnson, Rockliff and Wingard may or may not be dpp in 2014, so keep them for now but don't be too surprised if they are mid only players :)

I like the choice of J.Steven but B.Ellis I think will not benefit your team. Yes he will improve on his average based on last years form, but for arguments sake you want him to prove to be a 100 point player, or even close too. I don't see that in him yet, and still has some inconsistencies. In my mind your better of getting Murphy.

Lastly you have Walker in your forward line. Yes he is a good option this year, but not as a starter. He won't be returning until June, correct me if I'm wrong, none the less he won't be starting round 1.

Jukes

Quote from: popedelio on November 06, 2013, 07:06:39 PM
I like the choice of J.Steven but B.Ellis I think will not benefit your team. Yes he will improve on his average based on last years form, but for arguments sake you want him to prove to be a 100 point player, or even close too. I don't see that in him yet, and still has some inconsistencies. In my mind your better of getting Murphy.

Ellis is automatically underpriced due to his early green-vest games and his red-vest in round 15. Averaged 98 I think without his sub games, if he can get without 5 points of that he'll have averaged 14 more than he did in 2013 and boosted his price about 80k. Might even go higher than that if he has a third year breakout, could go up to 105 imo. As a back he was a lock, as a mid he's still a very good option. Better than Steven imo.

Mr.Craig

Interesting team, a little bit different.

Walker and Menzel obviously won't be there due to injury but I like some of the other picks. Putting some faith in the St Kilda midfield, not sure if it will end up being misplaced or not.

jason100

I had gone with Steven because they vs Melbourne and GWS in the first 2 rounds and he should score well then

jason100

TEAM NAME: My Planned Dream Team
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Houli, R. Henderson, B. Waters, M. Suckling, N. Bock (C. Howard, M. Scharenberg)
MID: L. Montagna, J. Selwood, D. Beams, B. Ellis, J. Kelly, J. Aish, X. Ellis, J. Martin (A. Morabito, L. Taylor)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, H. McIntosh (L. McBean, M. Apeness)
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, C. Wingard, M. LeCras, D. Thomas, V. Michie (B. Lennon, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $32,600

Trades
Hodge-Waters
Swan-Selwood
Steven-Beams
Young-Morabito
Cox-Kreuzer
Menzel-Lennon
Walker-Lecras

Bye structure -
Def - 3/3/1
Mid - 4/1/2
Ruc - 2/1/0
Fwd - 1/3/3
+6 draftees
Thoughts? I won't post gain until Monday so I'll like some thoughts to go on with until then  ;D

! have taken out Menzel and Walker out because I don't think they'll be available for Round 1. I got Morabito

Jukes

Quote from: jason100 on November 07, 2013, 02:13:10 PM
I had gone with Steven because they vs Melbourne and GWS in the first 2 rounds and he should score well then

this year I started with JPK for the same reason, GC and GWS...an 87 and a 91 later and I can't say I was that happy.