ADEZ's progress - Predraft team 2/11

Started by ADEZ, October 31, 2013, 06:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADEZ

TEAM NAME: ADEZ
DEF: J. McVeigh, P. Hanley, K. Simpson, B. Waters, M. Suckling, C. Howard (M. Scharenberg, J. Pitt)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, J. Watson, M. Murphy, D. Beams, C. Beams, J. Polec, L. McDonald (M. Crouch, J. Martin)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, M. Leuenberger (L. McBean, S. Naismith)
FWD: T. Rockliff, L. Franklin, N. Naitanui, D. Thomas, S. Higgins, V. Michie (J. Hogan, J. Paine)
CASH LEFT: $22,400

Will note my changes and thought processes

nrich102

Nice team ADEZ! I think that Karnezis would be a better pick up than Paine in the forward line, but other than that its good.

ADEZ

This is probably the last full draft I will post before the Draft...
I have taken into consideration byes much more this time

TEAM NAME: ADEZ!
DEF: J. McVeigh, J. Bartel, K. Simpson, M. Suckling, C. Howard, M. Scharenberg (J. Kolodjashnij, J. Pitt)
MID: S. Selwood, J. Selwood, J. Watson, M. Murphy, D. Beams, C. Young, C. Beams, J. Polec (L. McDonald, J. Martin)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, M. Leuenberger (L. McBean, S. Naismith)
FWD: T. Rockliff, T. Cloke, L. Franklin, D. Thomas, S. Higgins, P. Karnezis (J. Hogan, S. Kersten)
CASH LEFT: $112,900

ROUND 8 BYE
ROUND 9 BYE
ROUND 10 BYE

McVeigh  -  will be a consistent rock in defence, something which was much needed this year 90 - 100
Bartel  -  very similar story to Bartel, the durable backbone of a shaky defence 90 - 100
Simpson -  started the year slowly in his new role, strong back half to the season 85 - 100
Suckling -  Nothing to say - underpriced gun that will be a welcome inclusion for Hawks as they push for another premiership tilt, priced at an average of 58..... 80 - 90
Howard -  Has been touted as a potential star, threatened to break out this year, priced almost at rookie price and will monitor of course 60 - 75
Sharenberg, Kolodjashnij and Pitt - place holder really, heard some wraps about them

Overall, I felt like I needed some consistent guns to steady a shaky backline which McVeigh, Bartel and Simpson provide, all experienced, super durable and reliable

S. Selwood -  young superstar, tackling machine, has increased his average by 10+ every year, let's hope he does it again! 105 - 115
J. Selwood -  Just like his brother, a superstar, finished 2013 in a flourish as he found out where the goals are and the shy is the limit if he can maintain it 110 -120
Watson - underpriced gun, scored brilliantly despite the scrutiny and will play with a new leash with it in his waste, basically picking him out of sheer respect  - 100 - 115
Murphy - struggled with injury this year and struggled to shake the tag, will the inclusion of Daisy help? Whether or not he is bound to jump in price 95 - 105
Beams -  Superstar and very courteous, dropping his average by 10 points in his last game :P 110 - 125
Young -  is there a spot waiting for him with the departure of Shaw and Thomas? if he can hold his body together he could very well make it his own, very cheap priced at an average of 37 ..... 70 - 85
Beams/Polec - both young and both have the ability to cement themselves in there respective sides 70 - 80
McDonald/Martin - Martin is sitting comfortably, McDonalds has wraps but in reality is a place holder

it works reasonably with the byes and takes advantage of some major value

Kreuzer -  Has firmly cemented his standing as the number one ruck, 2013 consisted if a few niggles and underpiced due to his subbed 21 and first game back 40 ... 90 - 100
Leuenberger - struggled early for form and fitness but averaged 90 in the backhalf, will have to watch to see whether he will handle the ruck load himself 90 - 100

McBean/Naismith - have heard wraps but again are just place holder

The two Matthews are the future ruck staples IMO - However, it is inevitable that I will not be able to afford this team, so I can make use of the cheap rucks if need be

Rockliff
- The great man is a lock whether midfield or forward have never gone without him and should destroy with a full season in the midfield 105 - 120
Cloke - Slightly iffy on this one but he has a good bye round - shared with stokes and Christensen so still may lose out - he is a monster and the inclusion of White will mean he will not be consistently double/triple manned in the forward 50 and will be able to use his aerobic capacity to push up the ground for more +6's .... 90 - 100 or if could kick straight 100 - 110
Franklin - Very cheap for what he is capable of and should be able to get back to his best in his new colour - 90 - 100
Thomas - There's nothing to say, cheap as for his capabilities 85 - 100
Higgins - very cheap for his capabilities, I have never been burnt so am quite keen, priced at an average of 50 ...  70 - 85
Karnezis/Hogan/Kersten - Have heard good things about Hogan and Kersten, Karnezis may show his true potential in a new side

Quite happy with the forward line, has some star power and takes advantage of major value, decent bye structure as well

Mr.Craig

Nice team, I don't share your optimism on Howard though.

Ricochet

Nice mate. No love for Sandi though? Super cheap

stew42

And is Pitt the one who retired early due to heart problems?