Main Menu

The 2016 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Pkbaldy, January 06, 2016, 09:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

If I was drafting on name I'm not taking Powell-Pepper. That name has bust written all over it.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 22, 2016, 01:35:39 AM
If I was drafting on name I'm not taking Powell-Pepper. That name has bust written all over it.

that's how I felt about Bontempelli :P

McCluggage has the best name. not even 100% sure how to pronounce it but I'm guessing it's Mc Clug idge

Pkbaldy

My thoughts exactly, I thought Aish was going to be the next gen freak we were looking for and the Bont was going to be a flop. And you're right on the pronunciation of McCluggage (Well at least in the commentators eyes).

Ainsworth is probably looking at around pick 10 or so, scouts get scared when it comes to height... It's stupid I know. Look at Caleb Daniel, top 5 talent wise, goes 3rd/4th round...

Brodie is an absolute freak though, no doubt he'll go in the top 5. Only thing that scares is his combine results probably wont be the best but, GV breeds some really good top end talent. Simpkin would be top 10 easily too if he didn't break his leg, way too damaging by foot, they're really missing him in that side.

Holz

Quote from: _wato on June 21, 2016, 10:43:49 PM
Wow vic country would be showere without Brodie McCluggage and Ainsworth.

Those 3 boys are scary good. All top 5 worthy imo

See their games the other day? 29 touches, 20 odd and 3, and 4 goals in a quarter respectively

hang on they did this in a quarter?

annoyingly i can only see stats not game time.

_wato

Quote from: Holz on June 22, 2016, 01:05:25 PM
Quote from: _wato on June 21, 2016, 10:43:49 PM
Wow vic country would be showere without Brodie McCluggage and Ainsworth.

Those 3 boys are scary good. All top 5 worthy imo

See their games the other day? 29 touches, 20 odd and 3, and 4 goals in a quarter respectively

hang on they did this in a quarter?

annoyingly i can only see stats not game time.

Nah man, only Ainsworth, Brodie and McCluggage both got those stats for the whole match however Ainsworth went nuts in the third quarter, kicked 4 goals.

Mat0369

Quote from: space-man on June 22, 2016, 04:44:32 AM

McCluggage has the best name. not even 100% sure how to pronounce it but I'm guessing it's Mc Clug idge

Blasphemy! Bont has a name like Kouta which screams gun.

McCluggage also has a good one.

I don't trust anyone with a hyphen. I'm trying to actually think of a good one with a hyphen. David Rhys-Jones is about it. Pittard only started playing well when he dropped the McMillan. LRT kept it but wasn't a superstar. Instead you have dudes like Will Hoskin-Elliot, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Che Cockatoo-Collins and Dillon Viojo-Rainbow.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 23, 2016, 10:55:51 PM

I don't trust anyone with a hyphen. I'm trying to actually think of a good one with a hyphen. David Rhys-Jones is about it. Pittard only started playing well when he dropped the McMillan. LRT kept it but wasn't a superstar. Instead you have dudes like Will Hoskin-Elliot, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Che Cockatoo-Collins and Dillon Viojo-Rainbow.
and that bloody space-man. reckon WHE will turn out alright

Vic Country vs South Australia and Vic Metro vs Allies games are on foxtel tomorrow, look forward to seeing some young guys in action

kilbluff1985

WHE reminds me of Jack Watts might just take time to develop

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 24, 2016, 01:04:14 PM
WHE reminds me of Jack Watts might just take time to develop
Wasn't it Fyfe??  ;D

kilbluff1985

Bill Manspeaker

nice kick for Goal by McCluggage there. classy

T Dog

A bit early to start carrying any McCluggage baggage   :o

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: T Dog on June 24, 2016, 01:59:29 PM
A bit early to start carrying any McCluggage baggage   :o
haha can see people having fun with that name in the coming years

Rusty00

You forgot the best of them all......Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls! GUN!

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on June 24, 2016, 04:31:38 PM

You forgot the best of them all......Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls! GUN!
Triggered.