Euro 15s Fixtures, Results and Ladders

Started by Holz, April 15, 2012, 11:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Oh yeah... Renouf is out so we are kinda ruckmen-less. Looks like someone will be rucking out of position... woohoo ::)

Ziplock

I'm not going to lie, I have beef with the % system to separate people tied on points in all fantasy football competitions. I understand it's been put in like that to give greater semblance to the AFL system of separating those tied on points, but I'm not a fan, as it doesn't accurately portray which team is superior since in fantasy football, we have no control over how our opposition scores.

Obviously it may be a little too late to implement it this season, but I really think instead of % it should just be points scored to differentiate between tied positions. Or, if you want to keep a percentile system, make the % based on the average points scored over the competition.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on July 10, 2012, 06:38:40 PM
I'm not going to lie, I have beef with the % system to separate people tied on points in all fantasy football competitions. I understand it's been put in like that to give greater semblance to the AFL system of separating those tied on points, but I'm not a fan, as it doesn't accurately portray which team is superior since in fantasy football, we have no control over how our opposition scores.

Obviously it may be a little too late to implement it this season, but I really think instead of % it should just be points scored to differentiate between tied positions. Or, if you want to keep a percentile system, make the % based on the average points scored over the competition.

I think you actually raise a very valid point Zip! My percentage is severely hampered by that freak 178 from Scrads. Could be the difference between nothing and finals???

Ziplock

And it's stupid since your team can't affect that score, like it's not as though your defenders can stop his forwards from getting goals etc...

elephants

Yeah, would have to be something to look at for next year I guess. Can't really do anything this year... Could we?

ossie85

Quote from: Ziplock on July 10, 2012, 06:38:40 PM

For these comps you have a point, but for SC and DT percentage is the better way to go.

Why should a score of 2100 when the competition average was 2200 be better than a score of 2000 when the competition average was 1900?

But yes, for the Euro Comps, total points could be better. But then again, what's the point of playing each other at all... shouldn't it just be top scorer wins?

Ziplock

personally, if it wasn't too much effort, I would prefer for DT/SC % system to be based on the average of the % comp per round if that makes sense.

the point of playing head to head is for the thrill of kicking ass, but the % is a bit pointless :P

PowerBug

BGK

elephants

Ziplock

PowerBug

Ziplock

well, having it against the average of the comp for %, or just by points scored.

ossie85

Percentage could work if scores were worked out like:

Your Defenders + Your Midfielders + Your Ruck + Your Utilities - Opposition Forwards score = Your Score