WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on July 04, 2018, 11:20:36 AM
Purp if this requires work then dont bother. But if its just a case of running a spreadsheet could you update us on how the cap situation is looking.

The cap is soo confusing that i dont have a clue how im looking especially with alot of my guys missing large chunks of the year.
Definitely looking forward to finally dropping Sam Mitchell, Montagna, Bob, Petrie etc from the WXV cap. Totally makes sense to include them this year though as they are having a profound impact on the competition.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on July 05, 2018, 06:54:47 PM
Purp if this requires work then dont bother. But if its just a case of running a spreadsheet could you update us on how the cap situation is looking.

The cap is soo confusing that i dont have a clue how im looking especially with alot of my guys missing large chunks of the year.
Definitely looking forward to finally dropping Sam Mitchell, Montagna, Bob, Petrie etc from the WXV cap. Totally makes sense to include them this year though as they are having a profound impact on the competition.

Ha,

Weekend job Holz, it might take some doin, but I'll see how it goes.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 05, 2018, 09:37:19 PM
Quote from: meow meow on July 05, 2018, 06:54:47 PM

Ha,

Weekend job Holz, it might take some doin, but I'll see how it goes.

Nah all good purp dont waste your weekend i just thought there was a chance it was a 5 minute job. Can wait till after finals

Adamant

Quote from: Adamant on January 17, 2018, 05:08:23 PM
Quote from: Levi434 on January 17, 2018, 04:40:51 PM
First trade of TP 2 here for y'all.

Toronto Wolves Trade: Declan Mountford, Jeremy Finlayson, Kyron Hayden, Aaron Hall
Rio de Janeiro Trade: Wayne Milera, Lynden Dunn, Jake Melksham, Tom Bellchambers

Here at Rio we despise player attachment. Henceforth we have ensured to negate all feelings of attachment whilst trading this offseason. In addition we feel trading Aaron Hall back into this lineup is in accordance with our mantra. We see this as a Bellchambers for Hall swap. A Mountford for Milera swap and the other two for the other two. Our backline, whilst quite sturdy could use the stiffness gained by Mounting.

Toronto are clearly here to challenge for a premiership and their staff were committed to building some extra forward depth after a few DPP changes went away from them. Coach Adamant is always a little #CONCERNED about the health, fitness and playing capacity of NicNat. Adamant feels as though Belly could be the final piece of the premiership puzzle and wants that piece of mind of having some rock-solid ruck depth.

Confirmed.

If Nic Nat goes down my season is over. Belly averaged 105 against unrecognised/second tier rucks and 76.3 against the elite. He'll find himself at U2 when he comes up against rucks like Goldy. Mountford and Milera are the same age and averaged the same last year, purely a positional swap. The rest of the deal is Levi injecting some more youth at the expense of old depth.

Might just become the most important trade ever made in WXVs.

meow meow

Quote from: Adamant on July 16, 2018, 10:59:32 PM

Toronto Wolves Trade: Declan Mountford, Jeremy Finlayson, Kyron Hayden, Aaron Hall
Rio de Janeiro Trade: Wayne Milera, Lynden Dunn, Jake Melksham, Tom Bellchambers

Here at Rio we despise player attachment. Henceforth we have ensured to negate all feelings of attachment whilst trading this offseason. In addition we feel trading Aaron Hall back into this lineup is in accordance with our mantra. We see this as a Bellchambers for Hall swap. A Mountford for Milera swap and the other two for the other two. Our backline, whilst quite sturdy could use the stiffness gained by Mounting.

Toronto are clearly here to challenge for a premiership and their staff were committed to building some extra forward depth after a few DPP changes went away from them. Coach Adamant is always a little #CONCERNED about the health, fitness and playing capacity of NicNat. Adamant feels as though Belly could be the final piece of the premiership puzzle and wants that piece of mind of having some rock-solid ruck depth.

Confirmed.

If Nic Nat goes down my season is over. Belly averaged 105 against unrecognised/second tier rucks and 76.3 against the elite. He'll find himself at U2 when he comes up against rucks like Goldy. Mountford and Milera are the same age and averaged the same last year, purely a positional swap. The rest of the deal is Levi injecting some more youth at the expense of old depth.

That's a bit rich.

iZander

Confirmed.

Maybe, if Lynden Dunn hadnt done his ACL

Adamant

Quote from: iZander on July 16, 2018, 11:03:03 PM

Confirmed.

Maybe, if Lynden Dunn hadnt done his ACL

Well obviously. Who else would I be talking about?

Holz

Always a good read.

Stick or twist? The verdict on your club's over 30s http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/stick-or-twist-your-clubs-over30s

here is the list of GOs that have some fantasy relevance

Brendon Goddard - Berlin - would be a decent loss, especially as he never got DPP
Matthew Leuenberger - Toronto - with NN out, losing the Belly backup makes the ruck line more shakey
Michael Barlow - Islanders - done nothing this year but if he made 22 he would have been a big help
Jarrad Waite - Christchurch - when healthy has been a very good forward starter

iZander

Quote from: Holz on July 18, 2018, 10:33:43 AM
Always a good read.

Stick or twist? The verdict on your club's over 30s http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/stick-or-twist-your-clubs-over30s

here is the list of GOs that have some fantasy relevance

Brendon Goddard - Berlin - would be a decent loss, especially as he never got DPP
Matthew Leuenberger - Toronto - with NN out, losing the Belly backup makes the ruck line more shakey
Michael Barlow - Islanders - done nothing this year but if he made 22 he would have been a big help
Jarrad Waite - Christchurch - when healthy has been a very good forward starter
Goddard wont go :P

Purple 77

He better not iZ, you were the reason why I got him  :P

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 18, 2018, 01:49:19 PM
Awww cmon, he was robbed of defender :( so were 7 or 8 others

Holz

Quote from: iZander on July 18, 2018, 01:58:59 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on July 18, 2018, 01:49:19 PM
Awww cmon, he was robbed of defender :( so were 7 or 8 others

pretty comfortable in saying Zander was right on this and Champion Data got it wrong.

At this rate im worried about Alex Rance becoming a mid only.

Adamant

Goddard won 71.3% of his disposals in the midfield last year, the second-highest percentage of his career. He also attended 35% of centre bounces, up from 25% in 2016. He wasn't robbed of anything.

iZander

Quote from: Adamant on July 18, 2018, 10:54:23 PM
Goddard won 71.3% of his disposals in the midfield last year, the second-highest percentage of his career. He also attended 35% of centre bounces, up from 25% in 2016. He wasn't robbed of anything.
What were those percentages with first 6 rounds vs rest of the rounds

Adamant

Quote from: iZander on July 18, 2018, 10:57:35 PM
Quote from: Adamant on July 18, 2018, 10:54:23 PM
What were those percentages with first 6 rounds vs rest of the rounds

Couldn't tell ya. That was just straight from his player profile in the Prospectus.