The Watchlist - 2024 Edition

Started by Mat0369, January 07, 2024, 03:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2024, 07:55:47 PMIt gets worse, just been offered a 1 match suspension, horrible timing too. I would just bite the bullet and get him up to Sheezel.

I saw that, I have no idea what the hell the week was for watching the video. I reckon they challenge and he gets off.

I have 0 dollars in the bank so I can't go up, Bramble was probably the right option but my Bevo doubts kept me away. If he cops the week I'll probably trade in Hore for a weeks worth of coverage and ride the byes.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 31, 2024, 10:20:16 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2024, 07:55:47 PMIt gets worse, just been offered a 1 match suspension, horrible timing too. I would just bite the bullet and get him up to Sheezel.

I saw that, I have no idea what the hell the week was for watching the video. I reckon they challenge and he gets off.

I have 0 dollars in the bank so I can't go up, Bramble was probably the right option but my Bevo doubts kept me away. If he cops the week I'll probably trade in Hore for a weeks worth of coverage and ride the byes.

No guarantees for Hore either, I would either roll the dice on Brown or use a Darcy downgrade to get Windhager up to a decent defender. Whitfield might be an option.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2024, 11:12:03 PMNo guarantees for Hore either, I would either roll the dice on Brown or use a Darcy downgrade to get Windhager up to a decent defender. Whitfield might be an option.

Lack of cash probably stops that, I'll post my team shortly. With May returning I think Hore might backfire, although they may keep Petty forward after they swung him there in the second half. Brown I might look at with all of Richmond's outs. Balta and Lynch now out for an extended period, no Gibcus and he may hold down a spot for 6-8 weeks.

Mat0369

Round 3

Score: 1779
Round Rank:  71,906
Cash: $6,400

Trades

Short to Windhager
Wines to Butters
Sexton to Powell

You cannot view this attachment.

Good: Daicos, Roberts, McKercher, Sanders, Sharp, English (C), Grundy, Heeney, Powell
Pass: Stewart, Williams, Laird, Bont, Clark
Bad: D'Ambrosio, Butters, Jordon
Ugly: Windhager, Howes, Wilson, Reid, Windsor, Campbell

It was a pretty bad week all round. My trades were a bit of a flop with Windhager sucking and copping a week (although I think if they appeal he gets off), Butters being cooked for a half and burning all my cash to get Powell in when Dempsey looked pretty good 2 out of 3 weeks and will make a large chunk of change.

Looking at my side, the big players I'm missing are below

Luke Ryan/Sheezel are probably the two I should have found a way to bring in for Short

Gawn over Grundy but 70% have Grundy and English has also been pretty damn good.

Luke Jackson but Heeney and Flanders have also both been excellent so I can't complain

In the midfield Serong was probably the one to trade in over Butters with another great performance. Merrett over Laird would have been a better starting pick although Laird has been pretty good as well.

Rookie wise I think it's mainly Dempsey that I'm missing along with Carroll.

I feel like my team isn't terrible when looking at it, the main issue right now is Windhager if he is out and the fact his cash gen never really got going. The Bramble sideways is tempting, but this week I'm leaning towards something like this

Windsor > Darcy
Coffield > Brown

Brown gives me some cash gen for the injured Coffield and a possible replacement for Windhager this week. It also lets me pocket about 80k which will be good enough to bring in Conway next week if he becomes the Cats new R1.

I do feel like my trades are probably too sideways and it's looking like I'm going to burn through 7 trades so far without actually making my side significantly better which is a worry.

Bully

The team looks fine, midfield as good as any, I haven't seen too many with a true premo at M6. The biggest hole is D3, something which can be fixed in round 6 when McKercher & Roberts get their gold card.

The forward line needs some work, having two rookies there might be bleeding some extra points and getting Reid or Windsor up to a 90+ player could push you up the rankings.

Conway versus Naismith is looming as the discussion of the week, Naismith has been very good in the VFL, he's also hitting the scoreboard. I think he's a good chance to get a game and he also has a 93 in his rolling average. There's also 57k to consider, that cash could go a long way to solving the Gawn versus Grundy issue. The mistake has definitely not been English, he's still a POD and unobtainable for most, starting Grundy was the blunder but hardly a reckless choice, particularly after round 1. 

arbel

Team is generally okay. I think need to prioritise getting cash gen going with only 6k in the bank.
Darcy is the obvious, Windsor still has money to make but out of your forwards he seems the best to move on and one of Brown/Draper the obvious other for defence.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 02, 2024, 01:54:58 PMThe biggest hole is D3, something which can be fixed in round 6 when McKercher & Roberts get their gold card.

This was one of the reasons I originally brought Windhager in, I figured with McKercher and Roberts moving down back, I could swing using Windhager as needed. The Saints didn't challenge his ban so I need to assess what to do there now for at least this week.

Quote from: Bully on April 02, 2024, 01:54:58 PMThe forward line needs some work, having two rookies there might be bleeding some extra points and getting Reid or Windsor up to a 90+ player could push you up the rankings.

There forward line doesn't have many standouts that I'd break the bank for. Jackson has been excellent but Darcy is a week away, I don't think I'd take the risk on McKay and Zorko every time I bring him in either gets injured or does something stupid. A lot of teams will have Reid and if I can field one of Cadman, Campbell or Darcy and get a 60 to 70 each week it's probably enough to get by while trying to capitalise elsewhere.

Quote from: Bully on April 02, 2024, 01:54:58 PMConway versus Naismith is looming as the discussion of the week, Naismith has been very good in the VFL, he's also hitting the scoreboard. I think he's a good chance to get a game and he also has a 93 in his rolling average. There's also 57k to consider, that cash could go a long way to solving the Gawn versus Grundy issue. The mistake has definitely not been English, he's still a POD and unobtainable for most, starting Grundy was the blunder but hardly a reckless choice, particularly after round 1. 

Naismith as a forward has crap scores written all over it. I don't see them punting Nank into the forward line so maybe Ryan gets the first call up. Stanley was 'managed' but Conway was pretty good and the fact that Stanley was an emergency has me wondering if he is the pick.

If Conway does look to have the number 1 ruck role sewn up after a strong performance against English there may be merit in going with the left field move of Grundy to a prem on another line and Conway R2. It would be extremely risky because if it does go pear shaped I'd have to cull a premium to fix it, but it could give me some great cash gen without losing points. Ideally I'd hold Grundy anyway and let Conway sit on the bench, but it is something to consider down the track.

Quote from: arbel on April 02, 2024, 03:56:43 PMTeam is generally okay. I think need to prioritise getting cash gen going with only 6k in the bank.
Darcy is the obvious, Windsor still has money to make but out of your forwards he seems the best to move on and one of Brown/Draper the obvious other for defence.

Windsor salvaged his score a little late in that game with the goal and an assist. He was looking like having an all time mare at his price. I think I'm okay jumping off to pocket that cash.

Bully

The problem at Richmond is that the cupboard is bare when it comes to tall forwards, that should have been apparent even with Balta fit, he's better in defence but better than anyone else on the list when it comes to forward craft. I had high hopes for Gibcus but with a trifecta of injuries it's now down to the ruck/fotwards. Ryan is a ruckman first & foremost, he's like a slightly bigger version of Stephen Jurica when played forward, he gives very little once the ball hits the turf and has the turning circle of a Mack truck. Yze may go small and mobile with Bauer and have a bit of aerial presence with two rucks alternating, it's been done before with Soldo & Nankervis, not sure it will work but I don't see too many alternatives.

Colliwobblers

Just a tough week, mine was similar. It will feel a whole lot better with Touk and Flanders and captain Green back in the game.

Short had to go so that trade works out even if not as well as hoped definitely no error there. Powell (-6 BE) still, and butters also very good upgrades.

Having Heeney and Green and English and Nick, is a pretty strong base. Probably the best player in the end on each line.

Trades this week look spot on.

Butters got 98 from 2 and one third quarters, similar thing happened to Serong though he ended up scoring better. Both severely hampered for most of the first half.

This weeks Nicks turn... sigh.

Butters projected score (same as greens) is 161, I'm not sure where they get that from, but it wouldn't surprise me after last rounds effort and being at home in gather round against the bombers.

Grundy's BE is only 72 he's still making cash was never going to be top 2 ruck, you got to turn him into Gawn or maybe Marshall, I've got to turn him into English.

Bully

With Wines out I'd say your trades were timely, Butters & Powell excellent additions. Brown should be an ok pick, looking at his DT scores I would say he's perfect for SC, might even snatch a couple of 80's if he pinches some kickouts.

Hore injured completes the dumpster that was on offer last week, you would have to be gutted if you went Gibcus to Coffield to Hore/Pink. 

Ringo

With Howes being named is it necessary to trade Coffield at this stage unless team announcements throw something unexpected. I am hoping Suns keep playing Graham and will be looking at bringing him in to give me the swing between Def and Mids once DPP come in.
Remember best 18 for next 2 rounds and Reid is due back in Rd 7.

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 03, 2024, 11:03:25 PMJust a tough week, mine was similar. It will feel a whole lot better with Touk and Flanders and captain Green back in the game.

Short had to go so that trade works out even if not as well as hoped definitely no error there. Powell (-6 BE) still, and butters also very good upgrades.

Having Heeney and Green and English and Nick, is a pretty strong base. Probably the best player in the end on each line.

Trades this week look spot on.

Butters got 98 from 2 and one third quarters, similar thing happened to Serong though he ended up scoring better. Both severely hampered for most of the first half.

This weeks Nicks turn... sigh.

Butters projected score (same as greens) is 161, I'm not sure where they get that from, but it wouldn't surprise me after last rounds effort and being at home in gather round against the bombers.

Grundy's BE is only 72 he's still making cash was never going to be top 2 ruck, you got to turn him into Gawn or maybe Marshall, I've got to turn him into English.

Getting in three top end players this week will certainly help boost that score up. If Windhager didn't get the week I'd probably feel a lot better about that trade, even with the poor score.

The other upside with Grundy is so many teams have him, it's not like I'm one out there with about 70% in the same spot. I feel like most teams are looking the same with one or two differences, I'm trying to work out the best way to get a leg up and get some of those points back

Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2024, 11:48:17 PMWith Wines out I'd say your trades were timely, Butters & Powell excellent additions. Brown should be an ok pick, looking at his DT scores I would say he's perfect for SC, might even snatch a couple of 80's if he pinches some kickouts.

Hore injured completes the dumpster that was on offer last week, you would have to be gutted if you went Gibcus to Coffield to Hore/Pink.

Yeah that one week injury to Wines makes the move look even better. Hore dislocating his finger and out for 3 to 4 weeks is another disaster for those that brought him in. I wonder if Pink is on the brink of getting dropped as well after he was manhandled in the Good Friday game.

Quote from: Ringo on April 04, 2024, 10:05:16 AMWith Howes being named is it necessary to trade Coffield at this stage unless team announcements throw something unexpected. I am hoping Suns keep playing Graham and will be looking at bringing him in to give me the swing between Def and Mids once DPP come in.
Remember best 18 for next 2 rounds and Reid is due back in Rd 7.

I still have Windhager out suspended with no available players on the bench. If I don't trade in Brown or trade out Windhager I'll have a donut.

Colliwobblers

The bestway to get a leg up as you well know, is the same way to blow your season.

Get on the next guy to break out before he does.... :)

Mat0369

You're not wrong.

A few guys dropped as well, looks like I made the right move getting rid of Sexton when I did. Pink, Lazarro, Conway and Watson all dropped, managed or injured as well.

I screwed up by not using Howes as a potential loop if I trade Windhager. I could have gotten Brown's score if Howes stunk it up.

Mat0369

Also if the Crows could sort their rotations out that would be appreciated. Laird could have gone huge but was stuck on the bench for a large chunk of the second quarter and started the first 7 to 8 minutes of game clock on the bench in the last. Dawson was stuck there for 6 to 7 minutes of real time in the last as well.

EDIT: If the Fanfooty TOG stats are right, he spent 69% TOG. The only people with less were Crouch, Cook, Burgess (who was subbed) and Berry (who was the sub).