Toga

Haha wow, 96 scoring shots must be some kind of record! :P

Dudge

Quote from: Toga on April 28, 2013, 09:48:58 AM
Haha wow, 96 scoring shots must be some kind of record! :P

Imagine if we'd kicked straight ;)

Dudge

Quote from: silloc on April 22, 2013, 12:42:45 PM
I feel like i'm going slightly insane..... why did port start favourites? am I missing something?

got wce 1.90**

It seems like the bookie just looked at the ladder.... seriously wtf

Thats why their bookies mate, by the way did you put a weeks wage on them?

silloc

Dudge

Quote from: silloc on April 28, 2013, 03:41:18 PM
i am unhappy

You can always double up on the Roos next week :P

Nails

Just because West Coast were good last year doesn't mean they'll be good this year. That was the worst bet I've heard of in a long time. You might as well have bet against Black Caviar.

Yes Port hadn't beaten much... but WCE were/are terrible. They lost to Carlton to give them their first win. Got SMASHED by Hawthorn. Could even beat Melbourne by 100. If you're a supposed top 2 side and can't beat Melbourne by 100+ you're a joke.

You bet against a side who won every match they had played and looked good doing it and bet for a side who have looked terrible in every match they've played so far....

hmmm...

Hope you didn't use centrelink money to fund that bet.

silloc

Quote from: Nails on April 29, 2013, 12:35:29 AM
Just because West Coast were good last year doesn't mean they'll be good this year. That was the worst bet I've heard of in a long time. You might as well have bet against Black Caviar.

Yes Port hadn't beaten much... but WCE were/are terrible. They lost to Carlton to give them their first win. Got SMASHED by Hawthorn. Could even beat Melbourne by 100. If you're a supposed top 2 side and can't beat Melbourne by 100+ you're a joke.

You bet against a side who won every match they had played and looked good doing it and bet for a side who have looked terrible in every match they've played so far....

hmmm...

Hope you didn't use centrelink money to fund that bet.

piss off mate, was lookin good at 41 points up. The fact they got up that much proves there worth, port just got the crowd behind them.

Thank god for bombers, north, carl, or i'd be f'd.

still think wce will finish higher than port

Nails

Any team can look good half way through a game. Playing half a game well doesn't make you a good team.

silloc

Quote from: Nails on April 29, 2013, 11:03:10 AM
Any team can look good half way through a game. Playing half a game well doesn't make you a good team.
Fair enough, but that can be taken both ways. still I don't think the result changes my view on the bet.

the most ironic thing was, the pub I was at wasn't playing it (live in geelong, that game on every tv). finally stole a racing tv and put the game on, because I had a 40+ as well for another bet, it still was interesting. As soon as I started watching it, port started coming... no shower it was my fault. was looking at 4-5k if wce won 40+, every other bet came through.
defeated, I went to leave. last 10 bucks, put it in the pokies for a change. boom 260... somebody somewhere felt sorry for me

Andrew

Quote from: silloc on April 29, 2013, 11:22:49 AM
Quote from: Nails on April 29, 2013, 11:03:10 AM
Fair enough, but that can be taken both ways. still I don't think the result changes my view on the bet.

the most ironic thing was, the pub I was at wasn't playing it (live in geelong, that game on every tv). finally stole a racing tv and put the game on, because I had a 40+ as well for another bet, it still was interesting. As soon as I started watching it, port started coming... no shower it was my fault. was looking at 4-5k if wce won 40+, every other bet came through.
defeated, I went to leave. last 10 bucks, put it in the pokies for a change. boom 260... somebody somewhere felt sorry for me

I wouldn't gamble again for a while, though.