Arbels Aces 2024

Started by arbel, February 22, 2024, 03:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

That's a pretty solid week with potential for upside.

Garcia is the no brainer pick this week for a rookie. Duursma is bleeding cash which sucks, but I'd almost be inclined to move Williams and D'Ambrosio this week.

I'd suggest something like this

D'Ambrosio, Williams and Sharp out
Garcia, Walsh and Burgoyne in.

Burgoyne has scored 93 and 88 the last two weeks and has a BE of -38. You would have around 112k left over which gives you the option to dump 2 of Darcy/Dempsey/Comben and bring in a forward easily next week

Colliwobblers

I'd be inclined to do what Mat says, although I'd maybe chicken out or rather grab the extra 100K and go one of the north rooks instead of Burgoyne, he is tempting though with those numbers.

While there's cover (pre-byes) for people like Clark, Reid, Duursma I'd make the more profitable downgrades to faster improve your team.

Waiting a week or two for another 30k out of high priced rooks I think is false economy.

Premium scores pretty up and down lately so wearing a score from Draper probably won't be the worst thing that happens this week :)

arbel

Yeah it's tough. One of the other ones I was thinking of was:

D'Ambrosio, Williams and Duursma to Walsh, Garcia and Nyuon (via Yeo and Comben back to DEF) leaves me 100k.

I'm always picky with picking a player around the 250k mark. Burgoyne has seemed good but one bad score of 30/40 or the vest again and his scoring stalls. But thanks for the advice, hadn't seen a lot from Burgoyne but will watch for sure!

Mat0369

Quote from: arbel on April 23, 2024, 12:37:02 PMYeah it's tough. One of the other ones I was thinking of was:

D'Ambrosio, Williams and Duursma to Walsh, Garcia and Nyuon (via Yeo and Comben back to DEF) leaves me 100k.

I'm always picky with picking a player around the 250k mark. Burgoyne has seemed good but one bad score of 30/40 or the vest again and his scoring stalls. But thanks for the advice, hadn't seen a lot from Burgoyne but will watch for sure!

He has held the wing spot while Boak has been out, he was flagged as one of the guys in pre-season that could end up winning a starting wing spot and has played well enough that I think he retains it. It's hard because he is worth so much cash, but if he scores another couple of decent scores before that clunker he is an easy sideways trade.

I don't mind you getting rid of D'Ambrosio this week in case he is vest bound again. They play the last game of the round so he would be really hard to trade out if named on the extended bench with a lot of early options gone. If he is named on field it may be worth switching him with Sharp since the other will need to go next week

arbel

So D'Ambrosio named on field and Williams also named. Although not much faith in Williams getting big scores and BE of 62. D'Ambrosio BE only 45 so even with vest should hopefully make something still and can go next week, but is it worth holding for not much gain.
Walsh and Garcia are 100% coming into the team just depends how I get there. Want to offload Duursma too as he is going to bleed cash, BE only 55 but hasn't hit that since round 1. With Clark now not named don't want more cash going ... so thinking:

Williams, Duursma, Sharp to Walsh, Garcia, Nyuon. This leaves me 89.2k I don't get Burgoyne but with Boak back is he a vest candidate again and Nyuon should make cash ... otherwise could do
Williams, D'Ambrosio, Sharp to Walsh, Burgoyne, Garcia. Cons are have to do that trade tonight and will keep Duursma who unlikey to make BE.

Mat0369

Can you go early on Sweet instead? I have no faith in Nyuon and Sweet will have a good run

arbel

Round 7

Score: 2370
Round Rank: 10,405
Cash: $111,900
Trades Left: 26

Pretty happy with the week considering Steele, Grundy and Zorko threw up some bad scores and Draper who was covering for Stewart got subbed off and only scored 11. Trades this week, Sweet and Garcia come in and Draper and Dempsey go out. Bonus is I still have 3 boosts left to use, so have options what else to do.

Option 1: Leave as just those 2, 310.8k left
Option 2: Clark to Rogers, 315.9k left
Option 3: Clark to Dale, 6.8k left
Option 4: Comben to Martin/Dale,  30.5k/151.7k left
Option 5: Comben to Miller,  17.9k left

A few choices. I'm thinking 4 with Dale could be good. He'll make cash with BE of -45 and could become a D6.

Ringo

Would also consider Dempsey to Sweet for cash generation if it suits your plans. Sweet will be no 1 Ruck for weeks and should make some good cash allowing an upgrade.

arbel

Quote from: Ringo on April 29, 2024, 03:39:00 PMWould also consider Dempsey to Sweet for cash generation if it suits your plans. Sweet will be no 1 Ruck for weeks and should make some good cash allowing an upgrade.

Oh yeah 100% doing:

Dempsey and Draper out
Sweet and Garcia in

Then it's if I do one of those 1-5 options on top of this

Colliwobblers

5. Miller still value and his numbers are stacking up.

Then probably 4 or 2 as the next best options...

Mat0369

You're structure is pretty spot on and you don't have to force anything this week which is amazing.

Sweet in is the one move that is necessary for cash gen. Only downside of that move is he sits on the bench and you can't capitalise on his scores.

Getting rid of Draper is a pretty solid idea and Garcia is the guy that makes sense as a bench option, but even with Weightman injured I don't know if I trust his scoring and you may need to field him.

In your position something I would consider is trading Grundy if Sweet has a big score on Thursday night. Bank the points, bring in just about any premium you want on any line. It's a calculated risk and allows you to double dip. If he is awful you still have Grundy and I would do Clark to Dale. Comben should be okay to score well this week and you don't leave yourself exposed while trading a dud rookie.

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 29, 2024, 10:25:20 PMIn your position something I would consider is trading Grundy if Sweet has a big score on Thursday night. Bank the points, bring in just about any premium you want on any line. It's a calculated risk and allows you to double dip. If he is awful you still have Grundy and I would do Clark to Dale. Comben should be okay to score well this week and you don't leave yourself exposed while trading a dud rookie.

I had considered the Grundy move and banking cash and getting the upgrades. Barring a catastrophe and something happening to Sweet then I could do something like. Draper, Dempsey and Grundy out for Sweet, Dale and then have 530k left for someone else. Could grab a FWD but don't know who, maybe Adams but not sure how reliable he'll be once Parker etc back.

Mat0369

Adams score was pretty poor on the weekend. I'd almost rather take the risk with Dylan Moore over him if I had my time again.

There are some decent defensive and mid options at that price. Vlastuin or Sinclair down back or LDU/Parish may have bottomed out.

arbel

Did the Dempsey to Sweet trade and with just an average score won't be doing the risky Grundy trade out. Plus Clark got named so he is going to possibly bleed more money so have a couple options:

Draper and Clark to Garcia and Dale - 6.8k left
Draper and Comben to Garcia and Dale - 151.7k left
Draper and Comben to Garcia and Martin - 30.5k left

All have good pros and cons. With Sweet purely making money for future trades having Clark as M11 isn't that much of a downside

Mat0369

Is that Nic Martin? I like the idea of turning Draper and Clark into Garcia and Dale. You chew threw your cash, but you can always recoup that next week.