Ringos Team Thread 2024

Started by Ringo, January 25, 2024, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

sexton played fwd (not good) and has made 50k ish, is berry a bad game or something more permanent? I'm considering sexton to Powell, but think either way that's a good move to get Powell in.

Young has to go as you say, ryan is hard to resist nasiah is value, stewart is ever so dependable... either way with 165 BE Young has to go.

If trades were not limited, you'd trade nick to one of those premo defenders and get him back after his bye and after lions/hawthorn games for a heavy discount. But we probably just ride that out and look big picture.

Butters is favored and beloved by the SC gods, like many before him he seems to score especially well... big call to make but probably not a bad one. In saying that he does tend to cop a beating every game and he's only little.. worries me.

Mat0369

Left field move, can you go Young to Stewart, Dawson to Powell and upgrade Coffield? I'm not sure how much cash that would give you? Might give you the option to basically swing a premium defender for Coffield. You could also turn him into Jackson and make the most of those ruck points while Darcy is out

Ringo

Rd 3 Results

Score: 1,877
Round Rank: 51,912 up 16,206
Cash $115,600

Trades - Berry, Young, Windsor to Powell, Stewart, Carroll

Rd 3 Team

Good:Daicos, Sheezel, Bontempelli, Serong, Roberts, McKercher, Sanders, Gawn, Grundy,Powell, Dempsey,
Average: Stewart, Rozee, Carroll, Clarke. Jordan, Fyfe
Bad: D'Ambrosio,Williams, Liberatore, Reid
Ugly: Howes. Dawson, Wilson

Will update trade ideas later as no idea atm - Tossing up Green v Heeney to bring in and how, Whether Draper/Brown worth it  and Darcy of course

Mat0369

Libba getting subbed was pretty rough, I don't think he was injured at all either. Dawson is without a doubt the one that needs to go, especially before he starts bleeding cash with the 68 in his rotation for the next few weeks.

Dempsey has turned out to be an excellent pick, spewing I didn't get him in but you can't get them all. I'd do Fyfe and Dawson to Darcy and Green looking at your current side. You're too close to Heeney's bye to bring him in now, I think it has to be post bye. If you wanted to use a boost maybe Libba to Steele. I really like Libba, but the fact they subbed him has me a little worried, I didn't watch the game and he wasn't on the injury report, but maybe they're trying to manage his minutes.

Ringo

Looking at this at the moment:

Fyfe to Darcy - (Fyfe close to B/E and does he have the 100 + scores in him any more)
Jordan to Green (Maybe a week early but Green with a B/E of 82 may be out of reach next week)

Risk keeping Dawson though but risk worth taking as it is D/e that holds score down.

May use a boost to go Coffield to Draper but will wait on teams to see if I have to play around as it is back to 22. Howes will be be dropped.

Bully

Dawson will bottom out around 530k, I think last week was the time to offload but I think the horse has bolted. There is some chance he moves back to defence, having Crouch in there with Laird makes the midfield a bit too one paced. If this move does eventuate you might get lucky with some DPP gold, will probably be round 12 which is a long way off but Dawson may yet have relevance this year.

arbel

Yeah Darcy coming in for Fyfe is a good idea.
I think you need to bring in one of Green or Heeney as they have low BE's and don't want them getting to expensive. With Heeney having bye coming up I'd prioritise Green over him

Bully

Quote from: arbel on April 02, 2024, 03:49:19 PMYeah Darcy coming in for Fyfe is a good idea.
I think you need to bring in one of Green or Heeney as they have low BE's and don't want them getting to expensive. With Heeney having bye coming up I'd prioritise Green over him

Heeney price projection - 629k
Green price projection - 688k

It's a tough one but I think Heeney most likely to hit his projection, these figures assume Green will score 150, I'm not so sure against GC. There's no guide from last year as GWS didn't play GC but there's plenty of players who will be vying for a piece of the pie, not sure how anyone gets over 120 with Miller, Rowell, Flanders & Anderson all averaging over 110.

The other thing to consider is how feasible it is to get Heeney in round 6, I'm pretty confident he'll back up his 149 with another ton so there will be another premium being paid if that boat is missed. One injury could derail the whole plan, it's a risky strategy when you are bound to such a narrow window. 

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 02, 2024, 04:08:30 PMHeeney price projection - 629k
Green price projection - 688k

It's a tough one but I think Heeney most likely to hit his projection, these figures assume Green will score 150, I'm not so sure against GC. There's no guide from last year as GWS didn't play GC but there's plenty of players who will be vying for a piece of the pie, not sure how anyone gets over 120 with Miller, Rowell, Flanders & Anderson all averaging over 110.

The other thing to consider is how feasible it is to get Heeney in round 6, I'm pretty confident he'll back up his 149 with another ton so there will be another premium being paid if that boat is missed. One injury could derail the whole plan, it's a risky strategy when you are bound to such a narrow window.

It's going to be tough to bring both in, unless one really puts up a clunker. Looking at the prices, if Green hits that 688k you may as well forget him. At least at 612k he is obtainable for Heeney.

Ringo

Thank You all
I think I may stick with Green as unsure of the effect on Heeney when Parker etc return. may also effect Jordan hence reason for trading this week. Feel if I do not get Green this week he may be priced out.
Trade pending teams
Fyfe to Darcy and Jordan to Green.

Hoping not to boost for the Coffield trade but if necessary can do.,

Mat0369

I'd honestly be tempted to use the boost and get rid of Dawson as well or swap him with Jordon this week and dump Jordon on his bye week. At worst Adams comes back this week and they play a different role anyway

Colliwobblers

Definitely Fyfe to Darcy, I'm considering H Reid out also/instead but agree with you on Fyfe, he hasn't looked good even when he's in the thick of it and getting the ball, almost like the games gone past him.

Probably Dawson to green - we do hate a sideways trade, but right now that is far from sideways...

Howes is playing but I'm trading Coffield to brown, couple of options there, I assume you're not taking them due to positional changes upcoming, and lack of probable cash gen from defensive rooks? I won't bother trading Z Reid for that reason, but I just feel better having one playing rook on the bench back there.

If you keep Dawson then for sure Jordan to Green.

Ringo

had to have a rethink with Sexton dropped

So Sexton to Darcy Dawson to Green.

Means keeping Fyfe and Jordan for another week,

Mat0369

The Adelaide rotations were cooked tonight. Dawson looked better when forward of the ball but he only hit 97 so an easy trade to make and one that I think will pay off for you.

Fyfe and Jordon should both hit their BE's this week. Even if they lose money I don't think it will be much and you will more than make up for it with the points Green will contribute.

Colliwobblers

yep, that's a beautiful midfield with green in it, Fyfe and Jordon are treading water so nothing gained nothing lost. Sexton to Darcy tick.

Howes was on track for like 20 at best, his 46 is a massive bonus, so tick on not wasting the Coffield trade. I did it anyway.