Ringos 2023 team thread

Started by Ringo, December 27, 2022, 11:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Starting my Team thread for 2023 for recording purposes

My sitting team for a couple of months.  Rookies obviously place holders,  12 Keepers and suitable bye structure for the 12:
Rd 12 3 (Sinclair, Marshall. Dunkley)
Rd 13 2 (Stewart, Miller)
Rd 14 4 (Sicily, Oliver, Grundy, Mitchell)
Rd 15 3 (Bontempelli, Coniglio, Rozee)

Hopper and Bowes the mid pricers,

Fid

Nice keepers Ringo, I've gone lighter down back this year.

Ringo

Sitting Team after some considerations and minimising amount of iffy rookies to field.

Team still has 12 keepers.

Changes -
Def; Sinclair to Daicos, Jones to Yeo
Mids: Mitchell to Brayshaw
Forwards; Coniglio to Cameron (Gives Ruck Cover)
Rookies also adjusted with likely playing except Drury who will also be a floating donut with Roos having a number of Sunday games.
Brayshaw could be further downgraded to Cogs, Butters, Tom Green or similar if cash required. Only 5k cash atm.

Premium Bye Strucrure
Round 12 9 playing
Round 13 10 playing
Round 14 7 playing bur a lot to play before then.  May look at prems in Rd 13 and 15 to see if better options.
Round 15 10 playing.

Sitting till trial matches and preseason to get a handle on Rookies.

Peter

Ashmore62

Quote from: Peter on January 26, 2023, 05:26:00 PM
Love it - great starting team
Hard to fault Ringo. Only issue are rookies. Excellent team early..

Ringo

Quote from: Ashmore62 on January 28, 2023, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: Peter on January 26, 2023, 05:26:00 PM
Love it - great starting team
Hard to fault Ringo. Only issue are rookies. Excellent team early..
Have a couple of options if cash needed
Stewart down to Hayden Young.  Brayshaw down to Bailey Smith/Tom Green.
other thought is going lighter in defence moving Yeo to D3 and having Bailey Smith at M4 and Tom Green and M5

Ringo

Updated Team and sitting now till trial games.

With the defensive rookies surfacing and Jones all but guaranteed start and priced at 41 nice $ if he can average 65 which he is capable off, Expect Yeo to gain M/F at Rd 6 hence the inclusion of Constable,  Gone with McKenna at D6 mainly for $ should Wilmott play Rd 1.

Going light here enables 5 mid premiums.

With doubt on Cameron for Rd 1 he has become Taranto.

Rookies are those appear to be certain of selection Rd 1 except Madden who is floating donut.

12 prems +Yeo.

Prem Bye Structure
Tound 12 - 9 playing plus Yeo
Round 13 - 11 playing plus Yeo
Round 14 - 8 playing
Round 15 - 8 playing plus Yeo

brodiejay

Team looks good at this point Ringo!

As a fellow Lions fan, I'm curious to get your thoughts on something. Are you pretty locked-in on the understanding that EITHER Wilmot OR McKenna will play, ie there's no scenario the Lions would play both in defence?

Personally, I could see a scenario where Wilmot starts on the bench and is used as a utility-type player that could be plugged into a few different roles as needed.

I know the Lions are likely quite set in their defensive rotations, but who would you envision starting off the bench early on in the season?

Bully

Solid team, very difficult to fault at this early stage, if Marshall misses due to injury you can always sideways to Cameron.

Ringo

Posting my team as it stands after practice matches

Possible changes and of course depends on rookies being named although Madden is Donut.
Sheeezel may become Phillipou
If extra cash required Gawn down to Darcy or English.
Constable will come onto field maybe for one of Wilmot or McKenna.
Neale may become Touk depending on his fitness but may wait till Rd 3 to decide.

Have 40k and can get extra with adjustments not overly concerned with byes at this stage,  Will need a Mid DPP in due course.
As I see it now 11keepers with 3 mid pricers in Yeo, Hopper and Callaghan and reasonably confident with rookies named will play.

arbel

Pretty good team Ringo. Not too dissimilar from mine. Becomes a balancing act between stacking backs or fwds.
I want to get callaghan in but need to keep one of sheed/hopper. Not sure which way to go.

Not bad though although I'm not sure on Chesser injury.

Mat0369

Are you pretty confident in both Wimot and McKenna getting a run? I think you may need to downgrade one of your premium forwards to bring in another premium in defence. The midfield looks fantastic and is the standout line

Ringo

Thanks

Think both Wilmot and McKenna play but have plans in place if not.  Rookies can be adjusted as was said balancing act between stacking forwrad line with few rookies  or grabbing extra defender but happy with this structure,

Ringo

Well you have a couple of days break and things get decimated with Yeo injury.

So here is the team pending final team announcements,

Rd 14 bye is an issue but can work around with upgrades etc.  12 keepers now with Hoppoer and Fyfe mid pricers and rest rookies or returning injured players. 
ATM Doc into Oliver for C thought Neale into Oliver but a bit tight.

arbel

Yeah the Yeo injury has caught a few off. Most will trade him.
If only going for league win, could potentially keep him play rookies instead but who knows how long the injury is. Could be a week, could be 3 months with him.
Solid team though.