Main Menu

Adelaide Off-Field 2019

Started by tbagrocks, June 22, 2018, 07:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 30, 2018, 05:20:14 PM
An attack on a player who you don't like and an attack on a member of the forum are 2 very different things...just saying.
Are we condoning attacks on players now?

Just because they might never actually read this doesn't make it okay or any better than attacking a member of the forum.

Don't do either.

Trindacut

An attack on a player who you don't like and an attack on a member of the forum are 2 very different things...just saying.

Careful mate, you're taking his justification for being an assole away.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 05:37:53 PM

Careful mate, you're taking his justification for being an assole away.
Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 03:40:33 PM
Don't really care for your continued personal attacks TomK. Go hang out with TBag if you're going to be like that.

jvalles69

Quote from: Nige on August 30, 2018, 05:30:07 PM

Just because they might never actually read this doesn't make it okay or any better than attacking a member of the forum.

Don't do either.

Agree, but they're still pretty different. I hate plenty of players, I don't bag them out unless they do something negative and it becomes the point of discussion.  Plenty people came out and spoke about Gaff being a "flog" and a "thug", which I disagreed with, however he committed an action that ppl didn't like so they had the right to comment on it. I'm not gonna have a go at Nige because his comments are wrong:

QuoteEagles are all drug cheating cows and Simpson is a shower coach.

BTW not having a go at anyone on here, just think both situations are pretty different.

Trindacut

Quote from: Nige on August 30, 2018, 05:30:07 PM

Don't do either.

Careful everyone, Nige is here to tell people off and pretend to be a moderator.

Calling someone a shower bloke is barely an 'attack'. But hang on to any minuscule thing you have to try and derail the conversation and get the thread closed. Everyone loves a closed thread. I'd much prefer to just continue with the discussion.

In completely unrelated but much more serious note, some pretty sad news out for Rory and Belinda Sloane. Bloody heartbreaking. Hopefully the club and family get around them. Pretty much nothing worse in this world. :(

jvalles69

QuoteIn completely unrelated but much more serious note, some pretty sad news out for Rory and Belinda Sloane. Bloody heartbreaking. Hopefully the club and family get around them. Pretty much nothing worse in this world.

Just saw this, sad sad news.  :'(  Real news right here instead of ppl getting butt hurt over nothing.

Nige

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 05:57:17 PM
Calling someone a shower bloke is barely an 'attack'. But hang on to any minuscule thing you have to try and derail the conversation and get the thread closed. Everyone loves a closed thread. I'd much prefer to just continue with the discussion.
This coming from the fella that is the reason most of the threads around here get locked. Interesting. Your penchant for unnecessary and inflammatory rhetoric is pretty damn impressive I must say. Either you're just not very self-aware or you just like skating on thin ice. Either way, carry on.

Trindacut

Quote from: Nige on August 30, 2018, 06:12:53 PM
Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 05:57:17 PM
This coming from the fella that is the reason most of the threads around here get locked. Interesting. Your penchant for unnecessary and inflammatory rhetoric is pretty damn impressive I must say. Either you're just not very self-aware or you just like skating on thin ice. Either way, carry on.

Thank-you for your permission to carry on Emperor Nige, I will continue to talk about how devastating a loss the Sloane family have suffered.

nrich102

Why is Trinda one of the more reasonable voices in this discussion?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nrich102 on August 30, 2018, 06:29:36 PM
Why is Trinda one of the more reasonable voices in this discussion?

This is the crows board.

Jay

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 02:51:13 PM
Listened to it. I didn't buy his casual laid back "it's okay" approach. He just put it on because everyone called him out on how horribly he treated Lever. He's just a shower bloke, and a shower captain.
He wants to know why someone wants to leave a footy club that he is captain of. Is that not reasonable? He wants out less than 12 months after signing a contract, think it's fair enough the captain would like to have a chat about what has changed :)

Also, here's some light reading for you to prove just how shower a bloke Tex is:
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-captain-taylor-walker-reunites-with-variety-scholarship-holder-jorja-amid-busy-preshowdown-45-schedule/news-story/5a6cc5e4b902f6e43278a9bc51643688
https://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/taylor-walker-a-hero-to-kids/news-story/99c890a3bd723095e253c0c17b4ca508
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/adelaide/taylor-walker-and-kyle-hartigan-visited-aspect-treetop-school-to-see-the-joy-being-spread-on-behalf-of-crows-childrens-foundation/news-story/b12daf65a54ff6785709f2389ad378b4

At the end of the day there's something wrong at Adelaide for so much talent to be wanting out. My guess is it's a few factors, not the least of which is Tex.
13 players have re-signed with the Crows just this year including first team guys such as Sloane, Laird, Crouch, Seedsman, Lynch, Atkins, Douglas, Gallucci, Fogarty and Smith. Gibbs requested a trade to Adelaide in consecutive off-season - would he not have been turned off by how shower a bloke the captain is? Also think his peers would have realised how shower of a captain him before voting him as best captain two years in a row..

Trindacut

Quote from: Jay on August 30, 2018, 09:49:35 PM
Listened to it. I didn't buy his casual laid back "it's okay" approach. He just put it on because everyone called him out on how horribly he treated Lever. He's just a shower bloke, and a shower captain.
He wants to know why someone wants to leave a footy club that he is captain of. Is that not reasonable? He wants out less than 12 months after signing a contract, think it's fair enough the captain would like to have a chat about what has changed :)

Also, here's some light reading for you to prove just how shower a bloke Tex is:
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-captain-taylor-walker-reunites-with-variety-scholarship-holder-jorja-amid-busy-preshowdown-45-schedule/news-story/5a6cc5e4b902f6e43278a9bc51643688
https://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/taylor-walker-a-hero-to-kids/news-story/99c890a3bd723095e253c0c17b4ca508
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/adelaide/taylor-walker-and-kyle-hartigan-visited-aspect-treetop-school-to-see-the-joy-being-spread-on-behalf-of-crows-childrens-foundation/news-story/b12daf65a54ff6785709f2389ad378b4

At the end of the day there's something wrong at Adelaide for so much talent to be wanting out. My guess is it's a few factors, not the least of which is Tex.
13 players have re-signed with the Crows just this year including first team guys such as Sloane, Laird, Crouch, Seedsman, Lynch, Atkins, Douglas, Gallucci, Fogarty and Smith. Gibbs requested a trade to Adelaide in consecutive off-season - would he not have been turned off by how shower a bloke the captain is? Also think his peers would have realised how shower of a captain him before voting him as best captain two years in a row..

I think you missed the point I was making about Tex wanting to know why he is leaving. Tex is the Captain, either him or someone in the leadership group would have a good idea why he wants to go. These guys work with each other 6-7 days a week, spend a lot of time together, are in a team together... If Gov has publicly he wants out (and at this stage no nominated team (pending finals)) and Tex really doesn't know why he's leaving then I'd be willing to bet Tex is a big part fo that reason.

Just try and put yourself in Gov's shoes. If you're at a workplace with a shower boss, you don't go to the boss and say "Mate, you're a shower bloke, I want a transfer."

And you can put your head in the sand all you like. Bock, Davis, Gunston, Tippett, Dangerfield, Lever, Cameron and now McGovern. Yeah, must be a great place to work.

Side note:
When I talk about a Tex being a shower bloke, I do it in the context of the game. As a person I'm sure he's fine. As a Captain/leader/footballer... Well, you know my thoughts. And all that being said, even shower blokes do good things. Look up Winterhilfswork.

GoLions

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 11:04:59 PM

Just try and put yourself in Gov's shoes. If you're at a workplace with a shower boss, you don't go to the boss and say "Mate, you're a shower bloke, I want a transfer."

And you can put your head in the sand all you like. Bock, Davis, Gunston, Tippett, Dangerfield, Lever, Cameron and now McGovern. Yeah, must be a great place to work.
This is right up there with the most stupid things I've heard/read all decade.

R.Griffen

Tex obviously rubs some people the wrong way as most people do in life not just Tex. This "shower bloke" stuff is laughable

However crows supporters do need to realise there is a player split along with board member issues like Burton (who I can't stand) is set on his ways of how the cub should be going and hasn't changed a thing. Behind my mob (GC) the player divide at the crows is next. Just majority of the crows best 22 players are all in while its only 1 or 2 each year who aren't. Does it need fixing, obviously. But it isn't the end of the world like a certain someone is suggesting 

Jay

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 11:04:59 PM

What the flower are you talking about? You have no idea why McGovern wants out, you have no idea if it's because of Tex. Have you considered that he's just been offered more money and wants to take it?