Main Menu

Adelaide Off-Field 2019

Started by tbagrocks, June 22, 2018, 07:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 30, 2018, 12:25:20 AM
This. It's also two different situations. Bryce requested the trade to go home but was happy at the Blues. McGovern is disgruntled with the Crows organisation.
How is this different at all? Both are contracted and both want to leave. Also disgruntled is an odd way to describe someone wanting more money - which is a difficult thing to demand when you've only just signed a contract.

I think the main thing here is Adelaide want pick 1 more than Carlton want Gov. Our need is midfielders right now. We already have two young KPF's in Curnow and McKay. If we use pick one it's going to be for the best mid in this draft. We're going to need a huge offer to pry it away and it's going to cost a boatload to get it done. The Crows are desperate to get Lukosius so they will have to pay up. The only way they can guarantee it is to move to 1.
Would love to know where you got your info of Adelaide being desperate for pick 1. Sure, it would be nice to top end SA talent, but with our list profile, the next couple of years are crucial and Luko won't really help during that time. If we don't get pick 1 then Gov stays. Simple. Carlton have very few good players, there's no way they don't pay up for someone as talented as McGovern who actually wants to go there.

Even if you think Gov is worth pick 10 (which he's not)
Lol. Cameron was worth pick 12 and Gov with his size and physical gifts I'd argue is worth more. Not many players who can mark that well overhead have Gov's speed to apply elite forward pressure as well. Those attributes are very hard to find in one player and we'll really miss him if he leaves so if you don't want him then we'll happily keep him for another two years :)

Trindacut

About as one-eyed as you can get Jay.

Gov isn't worth a first rounder, but talking about a first round pick is a good place to start talking at the trade table.

Tex gotta go as Captain. Already on the radio saying he wants an explanation. If he doesn't know the reason by now he's probably part of the reason.

TomK

Trindacut

Quote from: TomK on August 30, 2018, 02:34:11 PM
::)

I honestly wonder if you have a notification setting just for whenever a post. Are you... in love with me TomK?

Jay

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 01:17:47 PM
Tex gotta go as Captain. Already on the radio saying he wants an explanation. If he doesn't know the reason by now he's probably part of the reason.
Probably a dumb question, but did you listen to the interview or just read the headline?

TomK

Quote from: Jay on August 30, 2018, 02:39:06 PM
Probably a dumb question, but did you listen to the interview or just read the headline?
We all know the answer to that

Trindacut

Listened to it. I didn't buy his casual laid back "it's okay" approach. He just put it on because everyone called him out on how horribly he treated Lever. He's just a shower bloke, and a shower captain.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

Listened to it. I didn't buy his casual laid back "it's okay" approach. He just put it on because everyone called him out on how horribly he treated Lever. He's just a shower bloke, and a shower captain.
so he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't? Also, not sure if you're the best judge of character tbh lol.

Trindacut

Quote from: TomK on August 30, 2018, 03:11:03 PM

so he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't? Also, not sure if you're the best judge of character tbh lol.

Don't really care for your continued personal attacks TomK. Go hang out with TBag if you're going to be like that.

At the end of the day there's something wrong at Adelaide for so much talent to be wanting out. My guess is it's a few factors, not the least of which is Tex.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 03:40:33 PM

Don't really care for your continued personal attacks TomK. Go hang out with TBag if you're going to be like that.

At the end of the day there's something wrong at Adelaide for so much talent to be wanting out. My guess is it's a few factors, not the least of which is Tex.
You say this as you constantly personally attack Tex? okay bud. You clearly have a personal vendetta against Tex, why I don't know, but it's getting a bit boring.

Tex ain't the problem, Burton, Chapman, and Ricciuto & his boy's club are the problem; quite a few players leaving have been money related though, while Charlie leaving last year was for a personal issue, nothing to do with the club.

Trindacut

Quote from: TomK on August 30, 2018, 03:49:54 PM

You say this as you constantly personally attack Tex? okay bud. You clearly have a personal vendetta against Tex, why I don't know, but it's getting a bit boring.

Tex ain't the problem, Burton, Chapman, and Ricciuto & his boy's club are the problem; quite a few players leaving have been money related though, while Charlie leaving last year was for a personal issue, nothing to do with the club.

It isn't personal mate, he isn't here. And I don't have a vendetta either, just a consistent perspective. And that's all it is, a perspective. You have a perspective too, one where you bury your head in the sand. That's fine, I just disagree.

You really need to just relax and not crack the sads whenever someone doesn't agree with you.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on August 30, 2018, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: TomK on August 30, 2018, 03:49:54 PM

It isn't personal mate, he isn't here. And I don't have a vendetta either, just a consistent perspective. And that's all it is, a perspective. You have a perspective too, one where you bury your head in the sand. That's fine, I just disagree.

You really need to just relax and not crack the sads whenever someone doesn't agree with you.
Calling someone a shower bloke, whether they see it or not, is a personal attack hahahah, you're literally attacking him as a person ::)

jvalles69

An attack on a player who you don't like and an attack on a member of the forum are 2 very different things...just saying.

GoLions

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 30, 2018, 05:20:14 PM
An attack on a player who you don't like and an attack on a member of the forum are 2 very different things...just saying.
Eagles are all drug cheating cows and Simpson is a shower coach.

GoLions