2014 Brave Heart Shield - North v South Challenge - Round 10 AFL

Started by Ringo, April 22, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

North current hold the Brave Heart Shield.

North Teams are Falcons, Hedgehogs, Magic, Hawks, Badgers, Rams, Cruisers, Leeches and Giants
South Teams are Werewolves, Hurricanes, Hoods, Bunnies, Owls, Breakers,Swaggers. Steins, Dragons.

Thinking this year thinking of using this method for selecting the three teams to compete each year.

Based on Ladder Positions at end of round 7 Split into the 2 Conferences North and south.
Teams 1,4,7 will select team from their players to comprise Team 1 for each conference
Teams 2,5,8 will select team from their players to comprise Team 2 for each conference
Teams 3,6,9 will select team from their players to comprise team 3 for each conference.
That is select the Team form the three teams list. Coach of first named team will be responsible for naming the Team.

Points will be awarded as folows
Team 1 Winner 10 Points
Team 2 Winner 7 Points
Team 3 Winner 4 points.

North v South with correspond to AFL Round 10 from May 23rd - 25th
British Rules applies to team lodgements, emergencies etc,
Undecided but open to discussion whether to leave sub rule in place or discard for challenge - but still naming 4 emergencies.
Conference with most Points will win this shield.

Comments welcome or any discussion.

JBs-Hawks

kilbluff1985

Application to change the name of the Competition

Werewolves vs North

Ringo

This challenge will take place in 2 weeks.

Team 1:
North: Hedgehogs (Spite/Elephants Capt), Magic (Torpedo 10), Leeches (Jhello)
South: Werewolves (Rusty00 Capt), Owls (Vinny), Breakers (Ringo/nrich102)

Team 2:
North: Falcons (Spinking Capt), Badgers (Whatlez), Rams (NigeyS)
South: Hoods (LuvFooty Capt), Swaggers (Jukes), Dragons (Kilbluff1985)

Team 3:
North: Hawks (JBs-Hawks), Cruisers (Ossie85), Giants (Nails)
South: Hurricanes (The Pelican), Bunnies (SydneyRox), Steins (Memphistopheles)

Team Captains will be responsible for naming teams prior to bounce of the Roos/Cats game Friday May 23rd and updating scores.  No HGA or bonus points will be awarded. Teams to be lodged in this thread,

Teams are to be picked from Round 10 available players from any of the three teams available.  Team Captains should liaise with the 2 other coaches in the team to lodge a strong team. 

Points will be awarded as follows
Team 1 Winner 10 Points
Team 2 Winner 7 Points
Team 3 Winner 4 points.Points will be awarded as folows
Team 1 Winner 10 Points
Team 2 Winner 7 Points
Team 3 Winner 4 points.

Winner team with most points at conclusion so you see it is possible to lose main match but still win by winning matches 2 & 3.

Let the banter begin as well.
Points will be awarded as folows
Team 1 Winner 10 Points
Team 2 Winner 7 Points
Team 3 Winner 4 points.

Let the Banter Begin

Justin Bieber

Vinny

C'mon Werewolves OwlBreakers?!

Hit me up whenever you wanna sort out a team Rusty, NRich and Ringo.

Spite

Quote from: whatlez on May 06, 2014, 05:48:54 PM
Can we tank Team 1 so Team 2 and 3 win?

You're not invovled with team 1 at all, so no. :P

We will probably leave you a few players though so you have some strength (and captain options)

Jhello and Torp, feel free to send me a PM (I am mostly free on weekends) with players you're thinking we should play! :)

Memphistopheles

Ringo

JB-s Hawks and The Pelican are the Team 3 Captains. Computer operator error.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Spite on May 06, 2014, 06:17:24 PM

We will probably leave you a few players though so you have some strength (and captain options)

Jhello and Torp, feel free to send me a PM (I am mostly free on weekends) with players you're thinking we should play! :)
I would love to have Dion Prestia as Team 2 skipper. Or chuck Dal santo in the 2's

ossie85

Spite

I have sent a PM to my fellow coaches so we can organize the team nice and early so the seconds and thirds can get theirs done too, please reply ASAP :)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: whatlez on May 07, 2014, 09:05:44 PM
Quote from: Spite on May 06, 2014, 06:17:24 PM

I would love to have Dion Prestia as Team 2 skipper. Or chuck Dal santo in the 2's

I would love to have SJ as team 3 captain please

Ringo

Just remember you can only select players this year from the three coaches within your team. In your case Spite Hedgehogs, Magic and Leeches.  I hope to get a list up in the next couple of days of players avaiulable for each team together with averages for the year.

Spite

Quote from: Ringo on May 13, 2014, 08:35:50 AM
Just remember you can only select players this year from the three coaches within your team. In your case Spite Hedgehogs, Magic and Leeches.  I hope to get a list up in the next couple of days of players avaiulable for each team together with averages for the year.

Oh, I misunderstood.

This may be a little bit of problem considering nearly all of hedgehogs are Sydney and Freo players and the ones that aren't are Toby Greene.