2013 British Review

Started by Ringo, August 06, 2013, 04:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Ringo

As can be seen from the year we have a couple of strong teams and some weaker teams, do we need to do something to try and even the teams up.

Do we need to implement a cap similar to Worlds or implement Priority Picks for teams winning 4 or less games with penalties for tanking.

have no real opinion on this so just putting it out there for comment.

Nige

I'm not just saying this because my team finished last but I really like the idea of priority picks like in Worlds.

JBs-Hawks

Having better Draft picks will even things up enough but a points cap would be handy dont need priority picks.

Look at Liverpool, they finished last but also destroyed my top 4 aspirations.

SydneyRox

How does the points thing work?

Ringo

Basically what the points will be all players averages for this year are added up to reach a total for each team. If a player has not played then score is 0. Then a Total average points is worked out that is not to be exceeded. If you have exceeded it then you have to delist or trade.

Not sure how will work in British and still only looking at it.

elephants

BXV is crazily even but over time through trading it will start to unbalance.

I like priority picks and don't mind minimum points caps. Not sold on max caps though! :-\

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on September 09, 2013, 01:12:06 PM
As can be seen from the year we have a couple of strong teams and some weaker teams, do we need to do something to try and even the teams up.

Do we need to implement a cap similar to Worlds or implement Priority Picks for teams winning 4 or less games with penalties for tanking.

have no real opinion on this so just putting it out there for comment.

i prefer priority picks to a points cap, but maybe bring a points cap in if you are going to over a 4 season period so as not to punish the bottom teams that drafted youth just as they get to their premiership window...

Ringo

Just some further discussion on trading rules coaches.

At the moment our rule is trades must be a one for one basis. Whilst this is understandable it also makes ruling on trades very hard to ensure fairness.

I would like to see the rules amended to just trades in total must be fair ie if you want to trade player x plus pick for player y then that would be legitimate. If there is sufficient interest will put to vote to apply for next years trade period.  Will only apply to trade period 1 as trade period 2 will always be like for like.

Am really struggling with the trade listed Wells for Pick 13 - Firmly believe Wells is worth a top 7 pick but trade being offered is their first round pick so will probably end up approving because of the like for like rules.

Part of the review

Vinny

Yes I wanted this so bad, I think it makes trades alot easier especially when involving draft picks. Im absolutely for this change. :)

PowerBug

I believe it was pick 13, but yeah I see your point and would that change would be good I reckon. It cuts out the trading of the spuds, who end up being delisted anyway. :P

kilbluff1985

I put Wells up for sale best offers I got was pick 13 or 14 isn't he worth what people are willing to pay?

I think 13 is worth more then May to was a bit surprised that passed

Ringo

That is my point KB when looking at what I consider to see what the player is worth then looking at what trade is offered it is reasonable. Sorry to pick on yours but it was the one I have been mulling over and i did consider the Day one for a long time before approving as well and coincidentally this is now the pick being offered for Wells.

Just trying to point how difficult it is to rule on trades that are one for one.

kilbluff1985

yeah it's ok mate don't think i'm having a go at you or anything because i'm not as you prob know i just like discussions/debates

my view was i traded Cox for pick 18 could have maybe got a better one but i was happy with a 1st rounder i'd consider Wells to be worth similar to Cox considering age etc so not much difference between pick 13 and 18

And Wells only averages 111 as a mid which is pretty average in Sportal they are not hard to find plus will be 29 next year

Also when you look at my midfield i don't really need him Murphy, Lewis, Ziebell, Vince, Zaharakis, Crouch, Caddy, Tyson, M Jones, Miles, Sutcliffe, O' Rourke

Ringo

Throwing another one out for discussion

We can not do anything this year as trading and draft rules are set.

With the confusion with rookie draft picks and delisting players including rookies am thinking something along these lines.

At the end of each season coaches will de-list a minimum of 7 players from their lists through retirements and delisting. De-listed players may be re drafted in either draft,
This will ensure a minimum of 4 picks in the national Draft and 3 Picks in the Rookie/Pre-Season Draft.
If more than 7 players are de-listed then these picks will be taken after the 4th Round of the National Draft based on positions on table at conclusion of season.
Picks in either draft may be traded in Trade period one and can also be on-traded.
At the conclusion of both the National Draft and Rookie/Pre-Season Draft Team Lists are to comprise 45 players.
At the conclusion of the 2nd trade period each year Coaches will lodge their final list nominating 41 Senior Players and 4 Rookies.

Know this is for the end of next year but if do not put down may forget.