Round 5 Lodgement Thread

Started by Ringo, April 14, 2014, 07:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 21, 2014, 09:53:32 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on April 20, 2014, 09:12:10 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on April 16, 2014, 10:42:22 PM
Winchester Werewolves

Backs: Jimmy Bartel (113), Michael Hibberd (123), Nick Vlastuin (74), Cameron Guthrie (102)
Mids: Gary Ablett (362), Matt Priddis (142), Luke Ball (20), Nathan Fyfe (160)
Ruck: Dean Cox (70)
Forwards: Jarryd Roughead (67), Jack Gunston (99), Dane Zorko (111), Luke Dahlhaus (153)
Utilities: David Myers (120), Sam Gibson (109)
Emergencies: Nick Haynes(B), Jake Melksham(M)(Sub) (104), Tom Hickey(R), Jackson Merrett(F)

Captain: Gary Ablett
VC: Nathan Fyfe
EVC: David Myers

Subject to change with team announcements
1444 - 11 played + C
1909 (including Melksham's score for Ball + 20

Just a slight correction Rusty Cox score is actually 75. So a slight increase for you,.

Ringo

Round 5 Results

Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs 25.21.171 defeated Bradford Badgers 24.26.170
Changes
Hedgehogs: Levi Greenwood sub score replaces Jack Watts score
In a very entertaining game the Hedgehogs aided by a very parochial home crowd just got home over the Badgers. The Badgers were dealt a severe blow when their substitute Chris Judd pulled a hamstring shortly after being subbed in. With both teams having 8 players each scoring over 100 points it was the Home ground Advantage and some inaccurate kicking by the Badgers that enabled Hedgehogs to get home. Jack Darling had a chance to win the game for the Badgers but his kick went wide. Both teams had some under-performing players but none more so than Hedgehogs Captain Scott Selwood who was well held by Badgers.
Best Players
Hedgehogs: Stanton, McVeigh, Neale, Rischitelli, Naitanui
Breakers: Cotchin, Griffen, Fasolo, Darling, Broughton

Newcastle Falcons 27.20.182 defeated Oxford Owls 24.15.159
Changes
Owls: Kade Kolodjashnij sub score replaces Daniel Giansiracusa score
The Falcons with their dominant midfield completely over run the hapless Owls. Despite the dominant performance of McIntosh in the ruck the Falcons midfield led by captain Dane Swan completely got on top providing strong service to their forwards. Falcons full forward showed a strong return to form collecting 4 goals up front. Score would have been much higher if not for the efforts of the Owls defenders Rhyce Shaw and Matthew Jaensch, If the Falcons can continue to work together as a team they will be a genuine threat to the Werewolves,
Best Players
Falcons: Swan, Gibbs, Boyd, Pavlich, Chapman
Owls: Scott Thompson, Jaensch, Rhyce Shaw, Duncan, Wines

Winchester Werewolves 30.13.193 defeated Grope Lane Giants 22.13.145
Changes
Giants: David Astbury sub score replaces Tom Boyd Score
Werewolves: Jake Melksham replaces Luke Ball Score.
One could have excused the Werewolves if they wanted to rest some stars for this game but in a truly dominating display completely ran over the hapless Giants. The Giants were no match for the Werewolves despite the efforts of Jonathan Brown in his milestone game, Pettard and Brad Ebert but they lacked support. With displays like this questions are being asked who will stop the Werewolves juggernaut and will they suffer a defeat at all.
Best Players
Werewolves: Ablett, Fyfe, Dalhaus, Priddis, Hibberd
Giants: Pettard, Ebert, Brown, Matthew Wright, Swallow,

Blackpool Bunnies 26.18.174 defeated Liverpool Rams 19.11.125
Changes
Bunnies: Chris Newman sub score replaces Jake Carlisle score.
Rams: Thomas Curren sub score replaces Eli Templeton score
The Bunnies continue to show that they need to be recognised, with an easy win over a very disappointing Rams.  This win sees them cement a position in the Top 8 after this weeks round. The Rams are going through a rebuilding phase and will lose more than they win this year, The Rams were not helped by a very sub par performance from skipper Dyson Heppel and this seemed to flow on to most of the team. The Bunnies welcomed the return of Paddy Ryder in the ruck and he outpointed his Rams rival Todd Goldstein. With this first use of the ball the Bunnies midfield dominated and created opportunities up front with Justin Westhoff taking full advantage. The bunnies will be hoping to maintain this weeks form for their clash with the Falcons next round.  They will more tan likely be missing Richard Douglas who has a date with the tribunal.
Best Players
Bunnies: Josh P Kennedy, Douglas, Matt Crouch, Cunnington, Westhoff
Rams: Harvey, Firotto, Treloar.

Leeds Leeches 28.19.187 defeated Manchester Magic 21.15.141
Changes
Leeches: Jack Viney sub score replaces Sam Kerridge
Magic: Jared Polec sub score replaces Trent West score.
The Leeches had a resounding victory over the previously undefeated Magic. With Sam Jacobs continuing his recent run of good form for the Leeches their midfield were able to dominate. With keeping the Magic big guns Liberatore and Ward quiet they were able to dominate with forwards taking full advantage. Even when the Magic were able to get the ball forward they were thwarted by the defence of Malceski , Johnson and Geary having his best game for the leeches.  The Magic were not helped with having sub ward out after a heavy hit.  The Leeches will be hoping to carry this form forward with their clash with the Werewolves next week. An upset may be on the cards if they can.
Best Players
Leeches: Hayes, Shuey, Malceski, Hawkins, Jacobs.
Magic: Polec, Sloan, Franklin, Grigg, Baguley

Crosby Cruisers 23.15.153 defeated Birmingham Dragons 20.14.134
Changes
Cruisers: Mike Pyke sub score replaces Nick Suban Score 
Dragons: Mitchell J Brown replaces Tim Summer and Tom McDonald as sub replaces Mitchell Brown score.
The Cruisers easily accounted for a very disappointing Dragons side.  In fairness to the Dragons they are injury depleted and fielded a really below strength team with only Captain Tom Rockliff and rookie Martin Gleeson showing any resolve to hold back the Cruisers,  The Cruisers with this win have moved well clear of the Dungeon and should enjoy further success this year. The Dragons will be hoping to regain some injured players next week.
Best Players
Cruisers: Nathan Jones, Reddan, Daniel Jackson, Hooker, Warnock
Dragons: Rockliff, Gleeson

Huddersfield Hawks 24.16.160 defeated Swansea Breakers 20.18.138
Changes
Hawks: Sam Gray sub score replaces Xavier Ellis score
Breakers: Brent Moloney sub score replaces Jarrod Witts score
The Hawks inflicted more pain on the Breakers easily accounting for them despite being forced to play players out of their usual positions. The Breakers have been the real disappointments of the season and whilst a season ending injury to midfielder Daniel Rich has not helped there should be sufficient depth at the Breakers to cover. It was extremely disappointing for the Breakers to see former player Steele Sidebottom shine against his former club.  The Hawks midfield was eventually able to get over the Breakers midfield which was found wanting when Captain Joel Selwood was tagged out of the game. The Breakers were niot able to curb the dominance of Johnson, Sidebottom and Beams. With only one win for the season after the highs of last yaer the knives will be out for the coaches if they can not overcome the Swaggers next week. The Hawks now sit 2nd on the ladder and will be looking to consolidate that position next week when they take on the Owls.
Best Players
Hawks: Steve Johnson, Sidebottom, Dane Beams, Mitchell, Nick Riewoldt
Breakers: Montagna, Henderson, Goldsack, Stevens

Hastings Hurricanes 27.16.178 defeated Staines Steins 20.14.134
Changes
Steins: Alexis Georgiou replaced Lachlan Hunter and Ryan Crowley sub score replaces Brandon Jack score. 
Hastings Hurricanes: Jasper Pittard replaces Brendon Goddard and Shane Edwards replaces Shannon Byrnes
The Hurricanes easily accounted for the Stein. The Steins continue to show promise but were no match for the Hurricanes who continue to improve, Captain Paddy Dangerfield had undoubtedly his best game for the Hurricanes and this seemed to lift the team as well when needed. Steins rookie Josh Keely continues to impress and will be a star in that side in years to come.
Best Players
Hurricanes: Dangerfield. Mundy, Coniglio. McGlyn, Stephen Hill
Steins: Elliott, Kieran Jack, Lester, Josh Kelly,

Nottingham Hoods 26.16.172 defeated Swindon Swaggers 22.17.149
Changes
Hoods: Dom Sheed sub score replaces Luke McGuane score.
Swaggers: Heath Hocking sub score replaces  Sam Rowe score
The Hoods comfortably accounted for a struggling Swaggers Team. With Aaron Sandilands dominating the ruck, the Hoods midfield virtually did as they pleased finding little resistance from the Swaggers. Robbie Gray really appreciated the service and had his best game for the season for the Hoods. The Swaggers had a number of players down on form and these players will need to lift in the future.  Captain Marc Murphy tried to lead by example but lacked the necessary support to halt the Hoods run.
Best Players
Hoods: Hanneberry, Masten, Pendlebury, Gray, Macrae
Swaggers: Marc Murphy, Lumumba. Bradley Hill, Gaff, Birchill

ossie85

ossie85

Good to see building some form

Justin Bieber

Well that sucks. I lost cause I didn't update my side.

Spite

Quote from: whatlez on April 22, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

Don't look at it that way man, you would have lost anyway if we named a team :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Spite on April 23, 2014, 12:55:30 AM
Quote from: whatlez on April 22, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

Don't look at it that way man, you would have lost anyway if we named a team :P
Nah I look at it, that I'm not on holidays so I didn't have the time. It it was the Sunday night finish.. I would of been able to... ::)