BXV - VACANT COACHING POSITION- LIVERPOOL LOBSTERS

Started by Ringo, July 15, 2013, 03:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

A vacant coaching position has opened up in the British xv's competitions.

Monstrum is wishing to relinquish the coaching position of Liverpool Lobsters due to the pressure of work commitments which is not helping him in naming of teams each week.

Because of this and the rules of the competition the Lobsters are languishing at the bottom of the table.  however they have a good list and if they had been able to be managed within the time constraints (something mons found difficult) they would have more wins on the table as they have lost games by a handful of points despite only in some cases receiving 1/4 points as per rules.

For those who may not know much about the competition we name 15 players each week from our swquad and three emergencies. British XV's is based on the Sportal scoring system and players receive the Sportal score.

Here is a link to the rules to clarify and please feel free to browse other threads in the British competition.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,70282.0.html

All coaches are encouraged to apply including those without a team in the XV competitions.

Here is the current list for Liverpool Lobsters:

1   Dyson Heppell
2   Todd Goldstein
3   Harley Bennell
4   Shaun Grigg
5   Bachar Houli
6   Adam Treloar
7   Daniel Nicholson
8   Brent Harvey
9   Brent Reilly
10   Scott D. Thompson
11   Michael Walters
12   Clancee Pearce
13   Travis Varcoe
14   Mitch Duncan
15   Sam Wright
16   Michael Firrito
17   Graham Johncock
18   James Polkinghorne
19   Jarrod Witts
20   Kieran Harper
21   Andrew Collins
22   Jake Spencer
23   Marley Williams
24   Jack Redfern
25   Alex Browne
26   Levi Casboult
27   Derick Wanganeen
28   Matt Dea
29   Jacob Townsend
30   Jordan Kelly
31   Matt Thomas
32   Martin Gleeson
33   Mitchell Wilkins
34   Brad Dick
35   Mitch Hallahan
36   Nathan Brown
37   Jordan Schroder
38   Tim Golds
39   Nathan Hrovat
40   Josh Saunders
41   Rory Atkins
42   Dylan Van Unen
43   Matthew Arnot
44   Cameron Eardley
45   Sam Naismith

You can apply in this thread stating what you consider the best team is, what you would do to strengthen the team and future goals. Applications will close at mid night Thursday 18th July.

Please note that this competition is ongoing so there will be trade periods as per rules where you can strenthen the team as well as drafts simiar to AFL.

If any further information is required kindly PM me and I will answer when able.

Nige

I was once an assistant at the club, then moved to assistant duties at the Bunnies where I now do no more than I did whilst at the Lobsters. I wouldn't mind being involved in this competition, but as a co-coach, because of this, I have spoken to KoopKicka, we would like to apply as co-coaches.

I'm currently a co-coach in WXVs at the Cairo Sands with MajorLazer. The team is currently sitting 6th.
I have assisted BB67th at the Manila Folders as an assistant in AXVs before moving to the Tibetan Llamas to help tbagrocks.
I have also previously been an assistant here at the Liverpool Lobsters under monstrum and am currently an assistant under SydneyRox at the Bilston Bunnies.

The team has some great players, but also has a fair bit of youth and several players that could easily be delisted. Trading will be a priority, but hopefully we can also get draft picks to boost the youth even further. A worry is also the elder statesmen of the team that could retire soon leaving us vulnerable. This can be rectified easily though.

Best XV:
D: D.Heppell, B.Houli, S.D.Thompson, B.Reilly
M: H.Bennell, S.Grigg, C.Pearce, A.Treloar
R: T.Goldstein
F: M.Walters, T.Varcoe, B.Harvey, K.Harper
I/U: M.Duncan, J.Polkinghorne

The backline is solid but Heppell may lose DPP, but hopefully Clancee Pearce gains it.
The midfield is fine and there is plenty of youth for cover.
Goldstein is a solid ruck and Witts makes for great back-up.
The forward line is a worry with Varcoe being injury prone and Harper being a fringe player for North Melbourne.

All in all, Coop and I should be able to work with this team and hopefully fix the few problems that it has.

:)

KoopKicka

Yeah Nige and I are a team (I hope :o)

In all honesty, with DPP changes at the end of the year the team looks fine and one that can certainly be built upon.

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

We have winners! lol.

But seriously, Pickers may have to give up his team, so even if there are other submissions they will be the auto-matic selection for next season.

Or a better idea is fold two teams and give the Badgers the best 2 players :O Genius.

kilbluff1985

I thought Badgers were already awesome so has been said :P surely they don't need more players?

Justin Bieber

A couple of forwards would help. The forward line s terrible.

kilbluff1985

Besides Boomer the forward line not that good

I so should have done Lewis for Griffin lol

Ringo

I am happy to announce that NigeyS and Koopkicka are the new coaches of the Liverpool Lobsters.

They will be naming the Lobsters team this week.

Congratulations and enjoy the challenge ahead.

Nige

Thanks Ringo, it's gonna be a challenge, but we'll do it.  8) Great to be apart of this fine competition.  :D

Justin Bieber

I would like to apply for my second British team :P And we will merge with the Badgers >:D*

Maca24

Wouldn't mind a British team.
I'll be on the lookout for vacancies.

Nige

Quote from: Maca24 on July 21, 2013, 03:56:49 PM

If you wanna co-coach the Lobsters, I'm happy to kick Koop out.  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on July 21, 2013, 03:56:49 PM
Didn't you give up your Asian team earlier this year?