2013 WXV Best and Fairests

Started by ossie85, September 26, 2013, 10:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Offering 5 membership points for teams that announce a best and fairest, 20 points if they do a proper write-up! Say 2 weeks from today :)

Beijing - Harry Taylor
Berlin - Jack Steven (+20)
Buenos Aires - Dane Swan
Cairo - Richard Douglas (+20)
Cape Town - Ryan O'Keefe
Dublin - Joel Selwood (+5)
London - Brent Stanton (+20)
Mexico City - Brendon Goddard
Moscow - Ryan Griffen (+20)
New Delhi - Leigh Montagna (+20)
New York - Tom Liberatore
Pacific - Tom Rockliff
PNL - Justin Westhoff (+5)
Sao Paulo -  Will Minson (+20)
Seoul - Brett Deledio
Tokyo - Kieran Jack
Toronto - Scott Pendlebury (+20)
Wellington - Marc Murphy

CrowsFan

ossie85

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on September 26, 2013, 11:32:25 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 26, 2013, 10:41:20 AM
Already done mine :)

Link me please! makes my life easier lol
Here you go :)

Awards night starts here, but the announcement of the best and fairest is here :)

Nige

ML's been meaning to do one for a while... I'll see where he's at with it.

roo boys!

Pendles by 18 votes haha. Here's kind of a write up :P

QuoteThe club is still deciding what to do regarding the Best and Fairest presentation, the plan was to hold the presentation during the week of the WXV grand final, but the players moaned that they'll all have to come along and said "Just give it to Scotty already" so we're considering just giving him the medal now seeing as the running tally has removed all mystery for the fans. May as well update the final tally:

Elimination Final Voting
3 votes - Scott Pendlebury
2 votes - Ben Cunnington
1 vote - Steven Morris, Jamie MacMillan (both late inclusions off the emergency list haha)

Toronto Wolves Final Best And Fairest Tally
27 - Scott Pendlebury
9 - Ben Cunnington
6 - Brock McLean
5 - Jack Riewoldt, Paddy Ryder, Michael Johnson
4 - Ben Cunnington, Clint Jones, Andrew Swallow
3 - Dayne Zorko, Sam Butler, Jack Ziebell
1 - Darren Jolly, Steven Morris, Jamie MacMillan

Purple 77

Mine is half-done in my team thread, the results have been announced but I haven't done the write-up.

That should be rectified in the next week, will give a link to mine then  :)

Jukes

Quote from: Jukes on August 22, 2013, 10:06:09 PM
1st: Ryan Griffen
18 games, 119.2 average, 52 votes
Was there any doubt over who would take home the best and fairest? To put it simply, Griff was best on ground for the Spetsnaz 5 times, was the best Spetsnaz player in the representative round (32 votes in those 6 rounds), improved his average by 14 points (almost 14%), and averaged the 3rd most of any player despite being injured in one game (without that game, his average was 123). Griff was captain of the team of the week once, vice-captain once, and a midfielder in another. Since his injury, he had 12 100+ scores in 14 games, including 7 scores of 135+. Griff has averaged 30 possessions (3rd), 3.4 marks, 5.1 tackles (31st), 6.2 clearances (5th), 2.9 centre clearances (4th), and 6.1 inside-50s (1st); elite. Ryan completely deserves this accolade, for the magnificent season he has had.

Rest of the top ten also in the team thread

elephants

Ringo

At a very low key awards night the MVP for the year were announced: Progress Votes were announced at the end of each game.

Brent Stanton with a BOG performance in the final game stormed home to again claim the MVP award. He won the initial award last year so well done Brent.

Top 10 Polling Players in Award
1. Brent Stanton  33 votes
2. Dan Hannebery 31 votes
2. Jarrad McVeigh 31 votes
4. Chris Mayne 19 votes
5. Andrew Mackie 16 votes
6. Danyle Pearce 15 votes
7. Tom Bellchambers 14
8. Harry O'Brien 13
9. Brent Reilly 12
10. Matthew Broadbent 11

Nige

Cairo's best and fairest can be found here.

Quote from: MajorLazer on October 03, 2013, 06:19:08 PM
It took me long enough, but due to time constraints and having to do year 12 (What a great year ::)), I'll post a condensed version of the Cairo Sands Best and Fairest for 2013. It was a close battle, but one player had the lead for the majority of the season and never let go of it.

R.Douglas   36
P.Hanley   31
N.Dal Santo   26
N.Malceski   24
D.Armitage   21
S.Mumford   16
L.Breust   15
C.Pearce   12
D.Hale   12
L.Thomas   11
B.Goodes   10
C.Newman   8
B.Sewell   8
D.Beams   8
T.Dickson   5
M.Hutchings   5
P.Puopolo   3
J.Gibson   2
C.Knights   2
O.Stephenson   1

Congrats to Richard Douglas for being the Sands' best and fairest player in 2013.

roo boys!

Jeez I did well on trading Douglas to slot Clint Young in as his replacement  :-X

Wouldn't have a half bad midfield with Douglas there...

Holz

didnt have a count but.

Best and Fairest: Joel Selwood
Best first year player: Jaeger Omeara
Coaches Award: Todd Goldstein

Justin Bieber

Haven't had time to do a proper count, but Best & Fairest favourite from the Reindeers would be Justin Westhoff! Will try to get one in the next few days as have to research past matches and whatnot for a proper write up :P.