WXV Award Ceremony 2013

Started by Purple 77, August 26, 2013, 07:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

ossie85

Maca24

CrowsFan

I'll be popping in and out. Already got my hand stamped :)

Purple 77

Wellington atlas Marc Murphy as arrived, always doing his team proud

Mexico City cult figure Ivan Maric! Mullet looking nice and silky

JBs-Hawks

Im checking in whilst watching the footy :)

Purple 77

Purple 77

"Good evening Ladies and Gentleman to our official Awards Ceremony for the year 2013, and what a year it has been. We have seen the reigning premiers Mexico City show no signs of slowing down with another dominant year and the opportunity to go back-to-back this weekend who take on fellow ladder leader Sao Paulo, who are looking to rectify a year lost in the finals of 2012. We have seen the Beijing Bears, or should I say, the Beijing Thunder and the Wellington Warriors take a dramatic slide as they take a new direction with their list. While on the other side of the spectrum, we have seen the sky-high improvements of the Dublin Destroyers, Cairo Sands and Berlin Brewers, clearly showing 2012 was a year getting used to the system. We have seen numerous coaches moved on this year, as it appears to be the norm in this competition with Beijing, Pacific, Seoul all cycling through senior coaches.

But now is the time to reflect on the year that has flown by and recognise those players who have taken on the World and succeeded. Now is the time that we award our second Jim Stynes Medal after Gary Ablett Jnr of the Sao Paulo Pumas won it last year. Now is the time we see the most valuable player of the competition for the first ever time. And now is the time we record these players as being the best of the season 2013.

Let's get it started"

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on August 30, 2013, 06:53:00 PM
I'm interested in who will win the MVP

I reckon probably Goddard, Walker, Stevie J, Ablett......
Even with Stevie J out for several games, may hurt his chances! Ablett could grab the votes early you'd imagine.

Would be interesting if any players outside of the top teams can steal votes!

ossie85

Justin Bieber

Is it just me or does Maric look creepy in that picture? :-X.

Quote from: ossie85 on August 30, 2013, 07:09:49 PM
R. NAAAHaaaasss....
Oh geez.... Those bad suspense moments of Andy D. PLEASE don't be as bad as him Purps :P.

My Chumps

Good to see Jobe and Cotch here already! Think they could poll a few votes tonight.

Purple 77

Purple 77: "Round 1, Jim Stynes Medal"

Purple 77: "Round 1, Most Valuable Player Award"

My Chumps

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 30, 2013, 07:11:09 PM
Is it just me or does Maric look creepy in that picture? :-X.
SUPER CREEPY  :o

ossie85

Already interesting results :)