The Silver Ferns take Commonwealth Gold from our girls!

Started by McRooster, October 14, 2010, 08:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Sharelle McMahon, flag bearer, Captain and World Cup winning shooter just lost the gold medal for Australia.

In double extra time she choked (twice being done for 3 second rule), feigned injury, made bad decisions and gave away penalties and missed vital shots.

This will hurt  for another four years  >:(

After being 7 goals down in the final qtr we probably should never have gotten the chance at extra time but when the final chance presented itself......*choke*

McMahon is known in NZ as 'the dog from across the ditch' and right now I'm not her biggest fan either, I hate losing to the Kiwis.....in anything!

DazBurg

was a good contest to watch and very disappointing to lose  :(

McRooster

CrowsFan

What is even worse than losing to the kiwis is when you have money on the aussies and they then lose to the kiwis!! Not happy at all >:(

HillHero13

the 3 second rule at the end wasnt her fault..

she turned to pass it and the girl fell and injuref herself and then she had no time..

McRooster

She lost focus, there were other targets. She seemed to look at her fallen team mate (yes, who she'd intended to pass to) and think 'oh you poor thing' then all of a sudden remember that she was holding the cherry - toooooo late Sharelle  :P

Justin Bieber

Was a good match to watch. Watched the first half and was zoning in and out of the second half.

Good way to end the games in my opinion. Just heartbreaking we couldn't cap it off with the win :(.

Master Q

roo boys!

benjy251090

roo boys!