Richmond Offseason/Preseason Megathread 2015/2016

Started by Nige, September 08, 2015, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Apparently Carlton's priority is getting Yarran over to us.

I would assume that's because they know/believe they'll get a first rounder for him.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on October 17, 2015, 11:58:50 AM

I would assume that's because they know/believe they'll get a first rounder for him.

Any idea of who we would get in the draft with pick 12 if we hung onto it?

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on October 17, 2015, 12:14:53 PM

A lot of phantom drafts seem to reckon we'll get someone like Callum Ah Chee. Younger brother of Brendon who is at Port. He's a small/half forward. He's quick, has good goal sense and uses the ball well. Just needs to better his endurance. Eventually should good be a wingman/half forward imo.

I'd like as to have a look at somebody like Darcy Tucker who is a mid/half back. He captained the North Ballarat Rebels and did pretty well at the Draft Combine.

Also a big fan of Clayton Oliver. Just a hard nut. Inside midfielder who loves the contested stuff and putting his head over it. He won the Morrish Medal (TAC Cup B&F) as well.

Another guy is Josh Dunkley. Coud go to the Swans as a father-son, but the word on the street is that he won't. Played for our VFL side during the year and did well for Vic Country in the second half of the season after coming back from injury.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on October 17, 2015, 12:33:38 PM

A lot of phantom drafts seem to reckon we'll get someone like Callum Ah Chee. Younger brother of Brendon who is at Port. He's a small/half forward. He's quick, has good goal sense and uses the ball well. Just needs to better his endurance. Eventually should good be a wingman/half forward imo.

I'd like as to have a look at somebody like Darcy Tucker who is a mid/half back. He captained the North Ballarat Rebels and did pretty well at the Draft Combine.

Also a big fan of Clayton Oliver. Just a hard nut. Inside midfielder who loves the contested stuff and putting his head over it. He won the Morrish Medal (TAC Cup B&F) as well.

Another guy is Josh Dunkley. Coud go to the Swans as a father-son, but the word on the street is that he won't. Played for our VFL side during the year and did well for Vic Country in the second half of the season after coming back from injury.
Cheers :)

quinny88

What's happening with Yarran? Haven't heard a word about it since last week

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on October 19, 2015, 08:28:57 PM
What's happening with Yarran? Haven't heard a word about it since last week
We're not giving up Pick 12, Blues want a first rounder. We don't have a late first rounder to give and hence talks have stalled for now it seems while both clubs sort it out.

Bully

Secretly hoping for Wayne Milera to slide, much more silky than Ah Chee, came 7th in the repeat sprints and is so composed with ball in hand. Have just gone over some SANFL footage and this kid is something special, can turn on a sixpence and can kick clutch goals in big games. Fingers & toes crossed he lasts until our pick.

Money Shot

Quote from: Bully on October 19, 2015, 09:30:18 PM

Secretly hoping for Wayne Milera to slide, much more silky than Ah Chee, came 7th in the repeat sprints and is so composed with ball in hand. Have just gone over some SANFL footage and this kid is something special, can turn on a sixpence and can kick clutch goals in big games. Fingers & toes crossed he lasts until our pick.
I currently have him pencilled in my super coach team for next season!

Still don't see how you will be able to get Yarran really!

Bully

Quote from: Money Shot on October 19, 2015, 09:35:34 PM
Quote from: Bully on October 19, 2015, 09:30:18 PM

I currently have him pencilled in my super coach team for next season!

Still don't see how you will be able to get Yarran really!

Don't really care about Yarran if it means keeping pick 12, can always get him next year as a free agent.

Toga

Tiges should offer 12 for 16 + Lachie Weller from Freo. Lets them get McCarthy and Richmond then has a pick in the right range for Yarran. Fills both needs of a classy outside player and speed half back.

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on October 20, 2015, 12:40:03 AM
Tiges should offer 12 for 16 + Lachie Weller from Freo. Lets them get McCarthy and Richmond then has a pick in the right range for Yarran. Fills both needs of a classy outside player and speed half back.
Weller isn't going anywhere. Rather have Bennell out of FF then let him go

Big Mac

Quote from: Ricochet on October 20, 2015, 12:42:14 AM
Quote from: Toga on October 20, 2015, 12:40:03 AM

imo Weller is worth about pick 12 anyway

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on October 20, 2015, 12:42:14 AM

Problem is Freo did go and get Bennell though which makes competition for spots even higher. Rumours a couple of weeks ago that he was considering a move to Victoria, and you guys are looking for a higher pick to use for McCarthy...

elephants

Yeah cant see that happening. Basically pick 12 + pick 16 for pick 12.

Plus, Weller is a gun haha

Nige

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2015, 02:37:10 PM
Yeah cant see that happening. Basically pick 12 + pick 16 for pick 12.

Plus, Weller is a gun haha
Hey, if Carlton can demand pick 12 for Yaz, we can make ridiculous demands too!  :P