Richmond Offseason/Preseason Megathread 2015/2016

Started by Nige, September 08, 2015, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Lennon is stretching this out to long if he is looking elsewhere maybe it's time the Tiges use him to try and secure someone maybe Aish ?

Nige

T Dog

shaker

Quote from: T Dog on October 08, 2015, 07:45:24 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 08, 2015, 07:30:24 PM
I'd much rather Lennon than Aish.

Both to the Pies surely now.  ;)

Ha ha they are gonna have a good side next year Danger , Treloar , Aish , Lennon did I forget anyone ?

T Dog

Quote from: shaker on October 08, 2015, 07:58:34 PM

Ha ha they are gonna have a good side next year Danger , Treloar , Aish , Lennon did I forget anyone ?

What's Maric up to?

shaker

Quote from: T Dog on October 08, 2015, 08:08:06 PM

What's Maric up to?

Not much against the better ruckmen  :P

T Dog

Quote from: shaker on October 08, 2015, 08:16:11 PM
Quote from: T Dog on October 08, 2015, 08:08:06 PM

What's Maric up to?

Not much against the better ruckmen  :P

Good point, then Dusty will have to be trade 5  ;)

Nige

http://www.themercury.com.au/afl-trades-2015-richmond-shows-interest-in-gws-midfielder-jacob-townsend/story-fnj3twbb-1227563687972

While it's somewhat disappointing, I would be happy to have Yarran and Townsend at the club, big fan of the latter. Similar player to Miles who has been a good get. Townsend's got the potential to be a Dan Jackson type for us. Another strong body in the contest that can get in there and win it.

I still reckon we have need a dangerous small forward but it doesn't seem like the club sees that as an issue. They must be happy having Sam Lloyd as a medium sized and Shane Edwards moving between the forward line and mdifield.

meow meow

Quote from: Nige on October 10, 2015, 02:36:08 PM
http://www.themercury.com.au/afl-trades-2015-richmond-shows-interest-in-gws-midfielder-jacob-townsend/story-fnj3twbb-1227563687972

While it's somewhat disappointing, I would be happy to have Yarran and Townsend at the club, big fan of the latter. Similar player to Miles who has been a good get. Townsend's got the potential to be a Dan Jackson type for us. Another strong body in the contest that can get in there and win it.

I still reckon we have need a dangerous small forward but it doesn't seem like the club sees that as an issue. They must be happy having Sam Lloyd as a medium sized and Shane Edwards moving between the forward line and mdifield.

;)

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2015, 02:42:13 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 10, 2015, 02:36:08 PM

;)
That's been my hope all along with the talk of recruiting Yarran, but in the article above Dan Richardson identifies the need for a rebounding defender and labels Yarran as that player.

I'm still hoping Jason Castagna can turn into that rebounding defender for us, showed some good signs in his first season. Maybe if he grows into that role and we do get Yarran then Yarran will be moved forward.

shaker

If Yarran and Townsend are the best we can hope to get that would make for a pretty disappointing trade period , I think I would be hoping some of our young guys could take the next step up than relying on those 2

Ricochet

Isn't Townsend just another THunt type?

Football Factory

meow meow

Townsend is basically a less good version of JZ. Hunt is just absolute shower.

Football Factory

I can see the JZ comparison .. agree with the less good version