Richmond Offseason/Preseason Megathread 2015/2016

Started by Nige, September 08, 2015, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

I think I know why he didn't rock up. Coked out of his mind and hungover....

Born: October 2, 1992 (age 23). Ding ding ding.

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2015, 09:54:09 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on October 04, 2015, 10:36:37 PM
So we've pulled out of the race for Harley, apparently he didn't even show up for a scheduled medical test.
Sounds like he's more trouble than he's worth which is frustrating because he's a super talent.

Who the hell is even left for us to go after? :o

Unless something comes out of left field Q it seems to be the same old Tiges at trade time , we just never seem to be in with a chance for the big name players  :(
Very frustrating. Last really big name player we got was probably Nathan Brown all those years ago.
We've done a good job in recent years of bringing in role players but I think it's time for some A grade quality to take us to the next level. Things just don't seem to fall in place for us though. Either that or were just not aggressive enough at getting deals done?

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on October 05, 2015, 11:48:45 PM
So we've pulled out of the race for Harley, apparently he didn't even show up for a scheduled medical test.
Sounds like he's more trouble than he's worth which is frustrating because he's a super talent.

Unless something comes out of left field Q it seems to be the same old Tiges at trade time , we just never seem to be in with a chance for the big name players  :(
Very frustrating. Last really big name player we got was probably Nathan Brown all those years ago.
We've done a good job in recent years of bringing in role players but I think it's time for some A grade quality to take us to the next level. Things just don't seem to fall in place for us though. Either that or were just not aggressive enough at getting deals done?

Yeah I think the latter when Treloar moving was a definite we were mentioned as one of the teams in the running but all I heard about was the Pies offer and we did not seem to do a great deal just sat back and watched the Pies seal the deal
we needed somehow to get involved more , we come out last year and said we had a war chest and were going to target a big name player but so far that just seems like a lot of hot air , anyway we don't know what will happen it's early but not looking good and you are spot on we need an A grader to go to the next level a gun mid in my eyes after this years finals failure

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on October 06, 2015, 09:53:20 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on October 05, 2015, 11:48:45 PM

Yeah I think the latter when Treloar moving was a definite we were mentioned as one of the teams in the running but all I heard about was the Pies offer and we did not seem to do a great deal just sat back and watched the Pies seal the deal
we needed somehow to get involved more , we come out last year and said we had a war chest and were going to target a big name player but so far that just seems like a lot of hot air , anyway we don't know what will happen it's early but not looking good and you are spot on we need an A grader to go to the next level a gun mid in my eyes after this years finals failure

I think we went after Treloar pretty hard. Heard an interview not long ago with Gale and he seemed pretty staggered that Treloar chose Collingwood after the offer we had made him. Agree with you though that we just don't seem to be able to get deals done.

I'm hoping there's a left field trade going on that the media hasn't got hold of. Last year it came out of the blue that we had gone after Armitage so I'm sure there's talks going on in the back ground that were not hearing about.. At least I hope there is  ???

quinny88

Btw, Just on Bennell. Apparently his birthday was the night before the medical, he then had his manager call in the morning to schedule it for later in the day and then showed up in a bit of a rough state from the night before.
It's picky but I don't mind us being strong on something like that. If he can't hold back on a big night to prove his commitment to the club and show up to a simple medical on time and in a decent state then he clearly doesn't want to be there.

Toga

Interesting to hear that we've gone after Dom Tyson. Very unlikely that anything will come of it but still good to see the club pursuing players even though we have missed out on others.

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on October 06, 2015, 07:30:57 PM
I'm hoping there's a left field trade going on that the media hasn't got hold of. Last year it came out of the blue that we had gone after Armitage so I'm sure there's talks going on in the back ground that were not hearing about.. At least I hope there is  ???
100% with you here and I have gut feeling this must be the case. There's no doubt the club knows we need more than just Yarran, who we may not even get, so they'd have to working on a play for someone of quality.

Nige

Matt Dea wins the VFL B&F.

Kamdyn wins best first year player.

Rance (59) leading Dusty (55) after Round 20.

Nige

Alex Rance wins the Jack Dyer medal for 2015!

Absolute superstar, thoroughly well deserved.  8) 8) 8)

Final tally/top 10:

Rance 1st (76 votes)
Dusty 2nd (60 votes)
Lids 3rd (54 votes)
Miles 4th (50 votes)
Jack 5th (48 votes)
Flossy and Cotch =6th
Bachar 8th
Grimesy and Grigga =9th

He now has a Jack Dyer Medal, 4 Francis Bourke medals and 2 All-Australian selections in his impressive and growing CV.

Toga

Congrats to Rancey, definitely well deserved after his outstanding season!

Toga

Ben Lennon's manager says that despite Richmond still having some work to do to re-sign Lennon, it is his view that he will be a Richmond player next year.

Nige

Money Shot

Toga

Also interesting to hear that other clubs may come into the race for Adam Treloar as dealings between the Pies & Giants hit a snag... Call me hopeful :P

Nige

Apparently we're not one though, Carlton on the other hand...