New Jersey Shores - Nails
Washington Presidents
Idaho Hoes - JBsHawks
Minnesota Sodas - Jayman
Pennsylvania Vampires - Hellopplz
Delaware Houses
Virginia Virgins
Alaska Malamutes

That was the original list I proposed as a joke and tentavily for the 'American XVs' for anybody that gives a flower.  :P
I'll take Alaska if this goes ahead Nigey, but I'll probably change the name :P

I like the idea of having a reserves comp or something like that and I like the idea of 1 or 2 teams maximum per person.

Just outta interest, what would you change it to?  :o
Quote from: greenmoon on February 05, 2013, 06:51:48 PM
Alaska Malamutes for me Nige.
Ours past away last month,15 years.
The Resurrection.
The Resurrection.
The Resurrection.
Not sure Nigey. If Green moon wants Alaska I'd be happy to let him have it. Just sign me to a team :P :P

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on February 05, 2013, 07:14:28 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 05, 2013, 06:49:29 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on February 05, 2013, 06:44:26 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 04, 2013, 07:51:38 PM
Texas Mules - JROO8
New York Apples - NigeyS
Florida Flow Riders
Nevada Aces - Toga
Maine Courses
California Suns - FisherSaints
Kansas Cairn Terriers
Alabama Slammers - kilbluff1985
Hawaii Surf
Kentucky Fried Chicken â€" SilkySkills
Washington Presidents
Idaho Hoes - JBsHawks
Minnesota Sodas - Jayman
Delaware Houses
Virginia Virgins
Alaska Malamutes

That was the original list I proposed as a joke and tentavily for the 'American XVs' for anybody that gives a flower.  :P

I like the idea of having a reserves comp or something like that and I like the idea of 1 or 2 teams maximum per person.

The Resurrection.
The Resurrection.
The Resurrection.
Not sure Nigey. If Green moon wants Alaska I'd be happy to let him have it. Just sign me to a team :P :P
Sure thing.  ;)

Purple 77

Quote from: Maca24 on February 05, 2013, 12:03:47 PM
The new people just don't get it  ::)
Do you propose making a new comp everytime 3 people want to be involved?
Just be patient and wait for gaps.
Either that or I propose each person is aloud a maximum of 2 teams. Maybe even 1.

And if someone takes the Suns name ill be furious. Haha.

Am a bit the same Maca!

GM

Quote from: nrich102 on February 05, 2013, 07:14:28 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 05, 2013, 06:49:29 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on February 05, 2013, 06:44:26 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 04, 2013, 07:51:38 PM
Texas Mules - JROO8
New York Apples - NigeyS
Florida Flow Riders
Nevada Aces - Toga
Maine Courses
California Suns - FisherSaints
Kansas Cairn Terriers
Alabama Slammers - kilbluff1985
Hawaii Surf
Kentucky Fried Chicken â€" SilkySkills
Washington Presidents
Idaho Hoes - JBsHawks
Minnesota Sodas - Jayman
Delaware Houses
Virginia Virgins
Alaska Malamutes

The Resurrection.
The Resurrection.
The Resurrection.
Thanks Nrich, tbh not that fussed,just would like to get involved.Maybe the Maine Mooners sounds more appropriate for me anyway ;D

CrowsFan

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 05, 2013, 07:27:13 PM
Either that or I propose each person is aloud a maximum of 2 teams. Maybe even 1.

Am a bit the same Maca!
I agree here. We already have the 4 scoring systems covered with the 4 comps. A comp is then made when 4 or 5 people want to get involved and then the remaining spots are taken from people already involved, which just gives them a new team.

Coaches drop out all the time so there is always going to be a chance to get a team in one of the leagues.

The_Captain

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 05, 2013, 08:20:56 PM

Am a bit the same Maca!
I agree here. We already have the 4 scoring systems covered with the 4 comps. A comp is then made when 4 or 5 people want to get involved and then the remaining spots are taken from people already involved, which just gives them a new team.

Coaches drop out all the time so there is always going to be a chance to get a team in one of the leagues.

People dont want a second hand squad. They want to pick there own. How hard is that to understand..... Some people are just so opposed to change... Open up your minds...

CrowsFan

noto I know that, but that's the problem. Everyone just LOVES the draft stage of the competition, but then afterwards it doesn't matter as much to them and they want to start a new league so they can draft again.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: noto07 on February 05, 2013, 08:23:19 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on February 05, 2013, 08:20:56 PM

Am a bit the same Maca!

People dont want a second hand squad. They want to pick there own. How hard is that to understand..... Some people are just so opposed to change... Open up your minds...
I agree. Even though Euros is a good league, I was handed down a pretty shower squad and don't like it really. In British I drafted my own squad and now have the best team in the league and in Asian I drafted my own team and it will be an awesome team in 2-3 years. So I agree that drafting your own team is the best way. Hand downs suck tbh.

Ricochet

Just a couple of opinions:
1) I would happily take a hand-me-down team. Holz went from finishing last this year in the Euros to drafting and trading a premiership winning team that is now favourite to win it. In only a season.
2) Coaches should only be allowed one team. It seams pointless making another comp when we have 4 boards for 4 comps and some people have 2-3-4 teams.
3) Once coaches have 1 team each, and others are still interested i think it would be great to start another comp.

Just my thoughts

Colliwobblers

I don't really care but I think the fact thos Ossie invented the XVS competition and the fact that it is effectively run on FF website you (new competition people) should contact Ossie / Monty and or moderators and seek permission/approval to start a new competition.

It is what we had to do for BXVS and AXVS and it is what is required now if you want to start another one, there is people who run the site and moderate it and these competitions are part of the site and need to be run through the appropriate people.

Simple. good luck with it, i just hope you have a very dedicated person to administer the competition you create if you do, and i hope like my competition you find 90% new coaches to run teams not just guys who already own teams in other competitions.

and i hope you manage to find 16-18 coaches for the teams that hang around and stick it out, which you might find a harder task than what it seems.

for the record i am all for "asking" coaches who own multiple XVS teams to hand them over but i think forcing them to is asking a little much and the risk is that they hand a team over to a new coach who pulls out in a month or 6 and we are looking for a new coach again.... when we already had a dedicated one we could count on....

as for hand me down teams, this is an AFL coach/manager simulation competition all AFL coaches and recruiting managers in real life inherit existing lists so why would you want it any other way :)

The_Captain

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 05, 2013, 08:31:17 PM
noto I know that, but that's the problem. Everyone just LOVES the draft stage of the competition, but then afterwards it doesn't matter as much to them and they want to start a new league so they can draft again.

I reckon if people picked there own team, they would be more inclined to keep it and manage it. It makes it funner because they have the players who they personally chose and then they can manage their team from there on out.

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on February 05, 2013, 08:56:11 PM
1) I would happily take a hand-me-down team. Holz went from finishing last this year in the Euros to drafting and trading a premiership winning team that is now favourite to win it. In only a season.
2) Coaches should only be allowed one team. It seams pointless making another comp when we have 4 boards for 4 comps and some people have 2-3-4 teams.
3) Once coaches have 1 team each, and others are still interested i think it would be great to start another comp.

Just my thoughts

At the moment i would take anything.. But just saying, if i had the choice between a hand me down team or a personal team i would choose my own personal team :)

Ricochet

Quote from: noto07 on February 05, 2013, 09:19:20 PM

Just my thoughts

At the moment i would take anything.. But just saying, if i had the choice between a hand me down team or a personal team i would choose my own personal team :)
Haha yeh agree I'm the same

SydneyRox

Quote from: noto07 on February 05, 2013, 09:19:20 PM

Just my thoughts

Agreed, happy being a part of a team now (Go the Lambs) but looking forward to the next step, new or taking over suits me.