West Coast 2015/2016 Offseason Thread

Started by LF, October 04, 2015, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: auscoyote on November 12, 2015, 09:52:01 PM
Duggans resigning will be the best news i hear all off season, has captain in waiting written all over him.
be that the case I would've thought you'd be spewin. hope the Saints pick him up :P

auscoyote

Hey!. Hands off him.
There is a lot of water to go under the bridge and i really hope we can retain him long term. But where ever he may play out his footy career he is going to be a gun and should make captain.
Kids all class from what ive seen.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: auscoyote on November 12, 2015, 10:56:33 PM
Hey!. Hands off him.
There is a lot of water to go under the bridge and i really hope we can retain him long term. But where ever he may play out his footy career he is going to be a gun and should make captain.
Kids all class from what ive seen.
think the joke went way over your head :P

yeah agreed from what I've seen he's gonna be a very good player. was he the guy under 18s who absolutely slayed the final? might have got injured right at the end. dunno, if it's him then that's how I remember him, if it's not then I can't remember shower ;D

auscoyote

To be honest i didn't know that much about him until he landed with us. Just judging by what i saw at training early last season when i went down a few times and how he carries himself and he is already directing and vocal out on the track. I also tracked him over the ground at one of the few games i attended. I'm still only a in the wings member so its hard to watch live matches over here. But watching him play on TV, the comments made at the track and the way he comes across in interviews you can just tell he has his head screwed on right and is going to make the most out of his passion for playing footy.

Such a good decision maker and seems to find that extra time and space when needed a bit like Pendelbury. Good foot skills off both feet, clean hands in tight and doesn't shirk a contest. What's not to like.

I was very keen on Sheed and was wrapped when we drafted him but this kid for his age i think will be a class above. I will have to try to get to some training days this pre season too and have a look but from all reports he has already bulked up from last season by hitting the weights hard through his recovery. Can only aid his inside game more and with his skills should make a complete Inide/Outside mid

Fast becoming my favourite young Eagle to watch develop. :)

elephants

Ziplock

RaisyDaisy

MURRAY Newman is one of four players that have been given permission to train with the West Coast just a month after being delisted by the club.

The Eagles delisted Brant Colledge, Murray Newman, Simon Tunbridge and Alec Waterman in October.

But all four have been granted permission to train with the club when the first to fourth-year players resume training with the Eagles on Monday November 23.

The club has already committed to re-drafting Waterman as a rookie. The son of dual premiership player Chris endured a difficult first season due to a battle with glandular fever.

Colledge is also set to be re-drafted as a rookie given he is contracted with the club in 2016. The young midfielder did test the waters during the recent NAB AFL Trade Period having been starved of opportunity during his three seasons at the Eagles.

Newman and Tunbridge both played senior football in 2015 and remain a chance to be re-drafted by the club.

Tunbridge suffered a major ankle injury in round two and missed the rest of the season while Newman returned to AFL football in round 21 after spending six months in jail in 2014 following a conviction for grievous bodily harm. He played two games but did not feature in the finals series.

Bill Manspeaker

just to go back a bit, it was Sheed I was thinking of. carry on :P I think anyway

elephants

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 13, 2015, 03:36:39 PM
just to go back a bit, it was Sheed I was thinking of. carry on :P I think anyway

Haha C and VC for the next decade!

auscoyote

Quote from: elephants on November 13, 2015, 03:39:36 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 13, 2015, 03:36:39 PM

Haha C and VC for the next decade!

Happy days :)

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 12, 2015, 11:08:24 PM
think the joke went way over your head :P
Quote from: Ziplock on November 13, 2015, 12:34:09 PM

Quote from: elephants on November 13, 2015, 12:13:40 AM
So glad the young lad re-signed!
;)
To go back a bit further! shower, Some days i'm just the bluntest tool in the shed :-[ ;D fixed

auscoyote

Thoughts on a 22 with the Gov Fwd / (swingman) now with Mackenzie is back. That will allow Darling to have the third tall Def.
Getting some depth now, cant even fit in Ellis ,Butler, Barrass as Emg's

FB:     S.Hurn, E.Mackenzie, B.Sheppard
HB:     S.Wellingham, W.Schofield ,L.Duggan
C:       L.Jetta, M.Priddis, A.Gaff
HF:     J.Darling, J.McGovern, M.LeCras
FF:      J.Hill, J.Kennedy, J.Cripps   
R:       N.Naitanui, L.Shuey, J.Redden
I:        S.Lycett, D.Sheed, C.Masten, E.Yeo

EMG: Brown,Nelson,Hutchings

auscoyote

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 13, 2015, 02:33:46 PM
MURRAY Newman is one of four players that have been given permission to train with the West Coast just a month after being delisted by the club.

The Eagles delisted Brant Colledge, Murray Newman, Simon Tunbridge and Alec Waterman in October.

But all four have been granted permission to train with the club when the first to fourth-year players resume training with the Eagles on Monday November 23.

The club has already committed to re-drafting Waterman as a rookie. The son of dual premiership player Chris endured a difficult first season due to a battle with glandular fever.

Colledge is also set to be re-drafted as a rookie given he is contracted with the club in 2016. The young midfielder did test the waters during the recent NAB AFL Trade Period having been starved of opportunity during his three seasons at the Eagles.

Newman and Tunbridge both played senior football in 2015 and remain a chance to be re-drafted by the club.

Tunbridge suffered a major ankle injury in round two and missed the rest of the season while Newman returned to AFL football in round 21 after spending six months in jail in 2014 following a conviction for grievous bodily harm. He played two games but did not feature in the finals series.
Great news on waterman!
How can Colledge still be contracted to the club in 2016 when we just delisted him? ::) Stupid Reporters! Surely he is up for grabs to other clubs in the draft if they want him and jump in before us.

LF

Luke Partington
Tom Cole
Kurt Mutimer
Matthew Allen

Nige

Dunno much about Allen, but you've done well with Partington, Cole and Mutimer.

LF

Quote from: Nige on November 24, 2015, 11:23:10 PM
Dunno much about Allen, but you've done well with Partington, Cole and Mutimer.

I'll try and find info later on him but yeah think we did pretty damn well