Main Menu

Is this for real?

Started by Boomz, June 09, 2011, 09:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk_88

Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 06:05:29 PM
You have to follow strict guidlines, and at GWS they will/won't be as strict which could've influenced his decision.

???

RiOtChEsS

i apologize PB il turn a

Ziplock

... clubs get get 1st pick are always showerhouse sides anyway, either because they're new like GC or GWS, or because they suck and finished last on the ladder. Eitherway, you go to a poor club.

If you shine at a poor club like GWS, you're only there for two years and then you'll have other clubs wanting to snap you up. That being said, because of their influx of high draft picks, clubs like GWS/GC are, if their higher picks hold with them, going to be really formidable opponents and premiership contenders very soon when their players mature.

If he defers his drafting purely because he doesn't want to play at a poor club, then that's a pretty poor move imo.

If he defers because he doesn't want to have to travel... I can kinda see where he's getting from, but what are thw WA clubs, just WBD and WCE? Pretty big to hedge a bet that you'll be drafted by one of them.

AFEV

Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2011, 02:10:44 AM
... clubs get get 1st pick are always showerhouse sides anyway, either because they're new like GC or GWS, or because they suck and finished last on the ladder. Eitherway, you go to a poor club.

If you shine at a poor club like GWS, you're only there for two years and then you'll have other clubs wanting to snap you up. That being said, because of their influx of high draft picks, clubs like GWS/GC are, if their higher picks hold with them, going to be really formidable opponents and premiership contenders very soon when their players mature.

If he defers his drafting purely because he doesn't want to play at a poor club, then that's a pretty poor move imo.

If he defers because he doesn't want to have to travel... I can kinda see where he's getting from, but what are thw WA clubs, just WBD and WCE? Pretty big to hedge a bet that you'll be drafted by one of them.
WBD is a Melbourne based team :P
Other than that I agree with everything you said. Highly unlikely he WON'T get drafted out of his state, given that WC/Freo won't be bottom 2 sides in the next year or two. GWS/GC/Brisbane take your pick.

Ziplock

why are they called Western Bulldogs then?

ok, had the home states of WBD and Freo mixed up :P

McRooster

Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 09:26:52 AMif he gets picked up by GWS, can he say 'No, pick someone else?'
No

Barlow 21

Someone doesn't know much about football....

Master Q

valkorum

Quote from: Ziplock on June 13, 2011, 10:03:01 PM

Really.... Really

CrowsFan

Quote from: valkorum on July 05, 2011, 07:40:07 PM

Really.... Really
Yeah surely that is a joke?

Zarts

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 05, 2011, 07:48:47 PM
Quote from: valkorum on July 05, 2011, 07:40:07 PM

Really.... Really
Yeah surely that is a joke?

Stop making fun of me. I get drunk on a regular basis ok.

hawk_88

Zarts

blame the afl for using names that are misleading whilst hammered.

c4v3m4n

Getting back to the topic...

Maybe GWS should offer Stephen Coniglio a similar deal that the Brisbane Bears offered Buckley in 1993.

Nathan Buckley almost boycotted the 1993 Draft for the same reason the Coniglio might, but the Bears offered him an interesting (albeit stupid) contract. They offered him to pick him up in the draft, play him for a year and then find him a new home if he chose to leave. He did. The rest is history.

valkorum

Freo wouldnt mind picking him up that way ;)  Him coupled with the mini-draft of picking up the Jaeger Bomb.  Then in 2 years time picking up Coniglio's younger brother Jacob (who was one of the best in WA's U-16's game)