CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES

Started by Holz, April 03, 2013, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 01, 2013, 07:21:13 PM
Why not like this:

Premiers from each comp automatically qualify. Then the other three teams from that comp qualify based on ladder position.

Unless a team wins the CL and for some reason is not among these qualifying teams. They then qualify in place of the lowest ranked team from their association based on the above (premiers > other teams).

that's how I would do it...

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on October 01, 2013, 07:23:34 PM
Why not like this:

Premiers from each comp automatically qualify. Then the other three teams from that comp qualify based on ladder position.

Unless a team wins the CL and for some reason is not among these qualifying teams. They then qualify in place of the lowest ranked team from their association based on the above (premiers > other teams).

thats what Zolz said, just added in the previous winner in the method you guys stated. I think that makes sense too....

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 01, 2013, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 01, 2013, 07:23:34 PM
Why not like this:

thats what Zolz said, just added in the previous winner in the method you guys stated. I think that makes sense too....
Just lookig after Colli for when Werewolves wins the World Cup but drop out of the Top 4 in the British ;D ;D

Colliwobblers

Zolz = Holz

and Ringo - The Werewolves are never dropping out of the top 4 ;)

ossie85

Hi Holz, my proposed fixture for 2014 Champions League and World Cup

We have 16 teams - 4 teams in each competition.

Rounds 1 to 11 (Each team plays every other team. Teams from the same competition have the games they play against each other in there competition as counting towards the Champions league. For example, Sao Paulo/Mexico City/Buenos Aires and Moscow will play each other in Worlds anyway. Each competition will need to adjust there fixtures so that all Champions league competitors play each other by round 11)

Rounds 12 to 15 (Finals)

Rounds 16 to 21 World Cup

Thoughts?

BB67th

It's a good idea Os, but 3 of the 4 competitions already have their draw made. It would be a bit hard to go back and change all that now.

CrowsFan

I'm not a fan sorry ossie. I like the way it was run this year as it makes it quite similar to the UEFA champions league. So breaking them in to 4 groups of 4 where you then play each team home and away. The top 2 then qualify and that's when you then play each team :)

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 06, 2014, 09:58:27 AM
I'm not a fan sorry ossie. I like the way it was run this year as it makes it quite similar to the UEFA champions league. So breaking them in to 4 groups of 4 where you then play each team home and away. The top 2 then qualify and that's when you then play each team :)

No probs :)

Ringo

Just to throw a spanner in works still waiting to hear whether Sportal will continue their existing scoring system as we may have to change in British.

Agree with CF need to continue how we did it this year with a possible revision of weightings for each comp to be done again.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on January 06, 2014, 11:43:12 AM
Just to throw a spanner in works still waiting to hear whether Sportal will continue their existing scoring system as we may have to change in British.

Agree with CF need to continue how we did it this year with a possible revision of weightings for each comp to be done again.

that would be a tradgedy after drafting and recruiting and trading for the format. If we change I think it has to be SC.

Holz

Probably looking to keep it constant as I like the UEFA league vibe as cf said.

Open to ideas on the scaling though was thinking something like a rolling scale.

Average world points + round world points/2 ?

So when it's a big dt,sb etc.. round it gets taken into account

BB67th

So, has anymore been decided on this in relation to final rules and such?

I don't really understand the idea of a rolling scale. I think just take the scale now at the start of the season and apply that throughout the season. Again, like with with teams qualify, you will never get a completely fair way to have things, someone will always be advantaged. This, however, is the easiest way that people understand and can apply themselves.

I don't really like it when we are involving equations and average points from competitions and whatnot, keep it simple I say.

ossie85

Quote from: BB67th on February 17, 2014, 05:22:14 PM

I don't really understand the idea of a rolling scale. I think just take the scale now at the start of the season and apply that throughout the season. Again, like with with teams qualify, you will never get a completely fair way to have things, someone will always be advantaged. This, however, is the easiest way that people understand and can apply themselves.

I don't really like it when we are involving equations and average points from competitions and whatnot, keep it simple I say.

New scoring in bxv makes it difficult

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on February 17, 2014, 05:58:11 PM
Quote from: BB67th on February 17, 2014, 05:22:14 PM

New scoring in bxv makes it difficult
Not anymore :P

CrowsFan

So when is this starting this year? Round 2 like last year? Will the groups be made soon? :)