CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES

Started by Holz, April 03, 2013, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

To be fair we had a few outs that would've been best 15

Chris Newman, Brock McLean, Bradd Dalziell

Adam Treloar would've got a place considering outs but he was also an out

That's the beauty of the Metal, have 4 outs? Doesn't matter still all gun.

LaHug

Quote from: Nails on September 02, 2013, 12:07:24 PM
To be fair we had a few outs that would've been best 15

Chris Newman, Brock McLean, Bradd Dalziell

Adam Treloar would've got a place considering outs but he was also an out

That's the beauty of the Metal, have 4 outs? Doesn't matter still all gun.
It helps when St. Kilda plays against Freo's seconds... haha
But nah, solid team.

Holz

next years entrants will be the premiers and the 3 best ladder postions after the home and away season.

Worlds:
Sao Paulo
Mexico City
Buenos Aires
Moscow

Euro:
Serbia
Sweden
Russia
Macedonia

British:
Winchester
Nottingham
Swansea
Bradford

Asia:
Mongolia
Taiwan
Bangladesh
Manila

nostradamus

Toga

Colliwobblers

Winchester + Ablett + Cox .....  outside chance...

LaHug

Quote from: Holzman on September 20, 2013, 10:42:07 AM
next years entrants will be the premiers and the 3 best ladder postions after the home and away season.

Euro:
Serbia
Sweden
Russia
Macedonia

What a joke... Finished 4th on points but finished 5th due to bad fortune. Made the grand final as evidence of being a top 4 team but couldn't win it. So, despite being a clear top 4 team from our competition, without a doubt, I don't make the champions league...

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on September 20, 2013, 06:12:49 PM
What a joke... Finished 4th on points but finished 5th due to bad fortune. Made the grand final as evidence of being a top 4 team but couldn't win it. So, despite being a clear top 4 team from our competition, without a doubt, I don't make the champions league...

Don't worry LH, I think Cairo should be there too. :P Alas, that's not the case. We'll show 'em in 2014 though.  ;D

CrowsFan

Euro:
Serbia
Sweden
Russia
Macedonia

Defending champions and WXV Premiers the Sao Paulo Pumas are threatening to drop out of the competition unless the Bison are rightfully awarded a spot in the League! :o

Nige

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 20, 2013, 07:00:40 PM

Euro:
Serbia
Sweden
Russia
Macedonia

Defending champions and WXV Premiers the Sao Paulo Pumas are threatening to drop out of the competition unless the Bison are rightfully awarded a spot in the League! :o
We'll take your place if you do.  ;)

Colliwobblers

no matter how it is worked out a couple of teams per comp will be upset...

could be top 4 average scorers per round then you could have the 2 in the grand final not make it.

could be a mix of premier, minor premier, points

could be any mix or any method

same result - people will have valid reason to be upset,

but what can you do- have to pick a method and run with it.

???

Purple 77

Worlds:
Sao Paulo
Mexico City
Buenos Aires
Moscow

Huh, I would have thought it would be the 4 after finals, and hand on heart, I don't say that because I managed to get there.  :P

But still, Moscow was the better team this year compared to Berlin. Would make sense I guess.

ossie85

Honestly, its the Champions league. Only 4 teams are champions, the rest are lucky no matter how you count it :P

Ringo

It is difficult to come up with a formula to take into consideration the various so called anomalies but I think that what has been decided is the fairest for all as it rewards the premier and the next 3 highest on the table as they have been consistent for the year and should be rewarded.
From a British perspective if we were to be based on average points for the year the British Competitors would have been in order:

Winchester (Premiers)
Bradford
Swansea
Birmingham

So the only change is order which would effect seedings and Birmingham replacing Nottingham.  Nottingham and Birmingham illustrate the difficulty in coming up with a right formula -Nottingham finished 2nd on the table but 5th on average points whereas Birmingham finished 3rd on average points but 6th on the ladder.

So as Colli says come up with the formula and stick to it and some teams will be disappointed,

Vinny

Get around Sweden and Buenos Aires! 8)

Will be seeing the Owls in a couple years too I hope.