Started by Holz, April 03, 2013, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: ossie85 on May 16, 2013, 07:56:06 AM
Quote from: nostradamus on May 15, 2013, 09:43:13 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 15, 2013, 06:36:09 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 15, 2013, 06:31:38 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on May 15, 2013, 04:58:01 PM
which is a bit odd considering worlds is significantly more structured/ rigid than euros.

how have you ended up with such team disparity is beyond me :P

it is abit strange considering they block trades and I have never blockeda trade beofre (will next year). I think its because SC is the inferior scoring system and its very uneven compared to DT. Also the fact euro has only 14 teams its means most have quality players and the depth is quite strong.

lol, SC inferior? DT is simpler, but simpler is not superior. SC at least attempts to measure reality (you can argue on how well it does it), DT doesn't care about reality.

But, the reason for the disparity was because of some very poor trading by some coaches.

The equalisation factor (1.03) should have been based on only the teams in the Champions League instead of across the whole league........this is the reason for the disparity in scoring

Very much disagree! That punishes teams for doing extremely well.

you mean rewards your competition for not appropriately adjudicating trade decision?

ossie85

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on May 16, 2013, 09:30:56 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 16, 2013, 07:56:06 AM
Quote from: nostradamus on May 15, 2013, 09:43:13 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 15, 2013, 06:36:09 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 15, 2013, 06:31:38 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on May 15, 2013, 04:58:01 PM
which is a bit odd considering worlds is significantly more structured/ rigid than euros.

how have you ended up with such team disparity is beyond me :P

it is abit strange considering they block trades and I have never blockeda trade beofre (will next year). I think its because SC is the inferior scoring system and its very uneven compared to DT. Also the fact euro has only 14 teams its means most have quality players and the depth is quite strong.

lol, SC inferior? DT is simpler, but simpler is not superior. SC at least attempts to measure reality (you can argue on how well it does it), DT doesn't care about reality.

But, the reason for the disparity was because of some very poor trading by some coaches.

The equalisation factor (1.03) should have been based on only the teams in the Champions League instead of across the whole league........this is the reason for the disparity in scoring

Very much disagree! That punishes teams for doing extremely well.

It based across the whole league. If it wasnt i think it would be 5-6% not 3%

thats the point l'm making

Nails

To be fair the current standings are only after 3 games. Remember where Essendon were after 9 games last year?

Can't really be certain until we've played every team once. Also the Greek Titans are a poor representative of the Euros competition to be honest. They only got in due to last year obviously but are  a different team this year.

Swedish Metal are competitive at least. Also considering 4 teams from each comp made it through so not as drastic as some seem to make out.

Maca24

CrowsFan

Haha why? Still the knockout phase after this, and we all know (me more than most) anything can happen in one off games...

CrowsFan

Results from the last 2 rounds?

Holz

Mexico City Suns 147 lost to Russian Roulettes 150
Macedonian Wolves 124 lost to Buenos Aires Armadillos 138
Sweddish Metal 157 lost to Sao Paulo Pumas 162
Greek Titans 149 defeated Cape Town Cobras 141

the euro steps up this week. eagles scored a 159 which i think would have top scored the round.

Maca declares himself the winner than goes down.

Waiting on scores from worlds without home ground advantage.

Nails

Is that from the weekend just gone or the previous? I'll get you the WXV without HGA.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on May 28, 2013, 04:22:31 PM
Is that from the weekend just gone or the previous? I'll get you the WXV without HGA.

thats the weekend before. Im doing the euro this afternoon, but if you have the worlds scores than i can get the champs done for last week and this week.

CrowsFan

That round the Pumas scored 1,615 without HGA. For the round just gone we scored 1,467.

Nails

Armadillos - 138
Pumas - 162
Cobras - ... they didn't update their team and their HGA was 27 so it depends on rounding up/down as they scored 144 without HGA

So I think they scored like 141 I guess?

The Metal would run into the Pumas when they're the only team to outscore them. Typical bloody bad luck I have vs. CF ::)

Nails

Defence: G.Broughton 88, L.Spurr 79, L.Dunn 66, J.Gwilt 83
Midfield: J.Watson (C) 288, J.Kennedy 151, R.O'Keefe 70, T.Cotchin (VC) 119
Forward: J.Garlett 84, T.Hawkins 79, C.Bird 37, J.Cameron 68
Ruck: Z.Smith 27
Utilities: A.Cooney 107, E.Curnow 72

So they scored 142

Would be nice if Chumps updated it for us :( lol

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on May 28, 2013, 04:52:29 PM
The Metal would run into the Pumas when they're the only team to outscore them. Typical bloody bad luck I have vs. CF ::)
Haha you just love playing me don't you :P

Nails

Quote from: Holzman on May 28, 2013, 04:21:08 PM
Mexico City Suns 147 lost to Russian Roulettes 150
Macedonian Wolves 124 lost to Buenos Aires Armadillos 138
Sweddish Metal 157 lost to Sao Paulo Pumas 162
Greek Titans 149 defeated Cape Town Cobras 141

the euro steps up this week. eagles scored a 159 which i think would have top scored the round.

Maca declares himself the winner than goes down.

Waiting on scores from worlds without home ground advantage.

Isn't that 2 weeks ago? Not "steps up this week"

I did it from Worlds round 8 (i.e. AFL round 8)