CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES

Started by Holz, April 03, 2013, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

I inherited most of the Metal, meow did most of the work, though I did add 1-2 of them to the list through trading (same way meow acquired them I think)

Right now the Metal are hurting with Lake (who could go huge @ Hawks) and Stevie J both missing. With Stevie J out it forces us to play J. Brown or similar.

I'm excited to see what our NAT Draft recruit Jono O'Rourke is capable of once he debuts.

nostradamus

l got most of them in the initial draft and was lucky enough to get first pick (Dane Swan), which meant my first pick in the National draft was No14 and l got Toby Greene with that  ;D
Then l did alot of trading at the end of the season and got in Ablett amongst others, the best part was that l didnt actually persue Ablett but was offered a deal......which l reluctantly accepted  ::)

elephants

nostradamus

Quote from: elephants on April 10, 2013, 03:12:07 PM
I miss trading haha :P

me too......wanna negotiate an early one for the end of the season  :P

Nails

trade me swan and ablett?

Both nearing retirement age

You can have Treloar and O'Rourke - both future stars you can build a team around.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on April 10, 2013, 02:29:08 PM
are we doing that eliminator thing?

yes we are, that is in the second half of the season after the champions league.

Holz

next year im tipping goddard and gibbs will lose DPP. it will mean my midfield stands as this

Goddard Gibbs Deledio Pendlebury Boyd Barlow D.Swallow K.Simpson L.Athony

nostradamus

Quote from: Nails on April 10, 2013, 03:19:39 PM
trade me swan and ablett?

Both nearing retirement age

You can have Treloar and O'Rourke - both future stars you can build a team around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeZshcGzeB0

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on April 10, 2013, 03:28:24 PM
next year im tipping goddard and gibbs will lose DPP. it will mean my midfield stands as this

Goddard Gibbs Deledio Pendlebury Boyd Barlow D.Swallow K.Simpson L.Athony

l'm hoping Hodgey keeps up his half-back role and is a defender for me

LaHug

Mitchell to play off the half back all season and get DPP.

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on April 11, 2013, 01:14:45 AM

if he goes 105+ I cant see them giving it to them. I dont think VS likes players scoring above 100 if they are not mids.

Nails

Quote from: Holzman on April 11, 2013, 10:14:10 AM

if he goes 105+ I cant see them giving it to them. I dont think VS likes players scoring above 100 if they are not mids.

Goddard in the past still got def status with a 105+ average the season before iirc. Could be wrong, but it does happen I think.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on April 11, 2013, 11:18:51 AM
Quote from: Holzman on April 11, 2013, 10:14:10 AM

Goddard in the past still got def status with a 105+ average the season before iirc. Could be wrong, but it does happen I think.

differnece is he was a back, i cant see VS turning a mid into a back after a 105+ season. Goddard will probably keep DPP, but gibbs is gone. I drafted him as a young 110+ mid anyway.

Gibbs Pendles Lids Barlow will be carying the eagles mid year when we are in the champions league.

Ziplock

VS does all the positions by where a player spends their TOG.

that's why blicavs was initially assigned as mid only- if you look up his vfl stats last year, he barely had any HOs, and subsequently was playing mostly as a really tall midfielder, I assume to fast track his development for the cats. They changed his positional status in the end because it was ridiculous to have a 198cm mid only player who was clearly playing a majority of his game in the ruck, although, tbh I don't think they would have changed it if there'd been a larger game sample size (he only played like 4 vfl games or somrthing).

basically, scoring has nothing to do with positional allocation, it's all where you've been playing. That's why SC and DT have essentially identical player position allocations, despite different scoring systems.

ossie85

Agree Zip - but they have been inconsistent in the past. Even though Ablett plays in the midfield most of the time, I was still surprised he wasn't given mid-fwd status the year after he kicked over 40 goals

Blicavs the first ruck-mid I've seen (though maybe Goodes a long time ago)