EXV: 2014 National Draft

Started by Holz, November 22, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2013, 02:48:49 PM
I'm a bit confused, what do we gain if we pass here?

I'm confused. We haven't delisted yet or anything so what about list sizes etc. ? Do I still get to take all my rookie picks if I pick a player here?

Euros has a stack of good rookies available so having more picks in that draft could be preferable to a lat NAT pick...

Scrads

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 03, 2013, 02:51:40 PM
Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2013, 02:48:49 PM
I'm a bit confused, what do we gain if we pass here?

I'm confused. We haven't delisted yet or anything so what about list sizes etc. ? Do I still get to take all my rookie picks if I pick a player here?

Euros has a stack of good rookies available so having more picks in that draft could be preferable to a lat NAT pick...

If you pass, you get the pick directly after pick 59 in the rookie draft (which you may or may not use, depending on your delistings).

Nails

Is there a list of the rookies available? I had a quick look but couldn't find one. I had one last year, but not this year.

Also how many picks are there in the rookie draft? I couldn't see a list of rookie picks? Might as well take the pick if my passed pick is just going to end up being last rookie pick I guess.

Scrads

Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2013, 03:03:46 PM
Is there a list of the rookies available? I had a quick look but couldn't find one. I had one last year, but not this year.

Also how many picks are there in the rookie draft? I couldn't see a list of rookie picks? Might as well take the pick if my passed pick is just going to end up being last rookie pick I guess.

Yes I will quickly find the link for you. Everyone will keep picking in the rookie draft until their squad is at 40.

Scrads

Quote from: Scrads on December 03, 2013, 03:05:55 PM
Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2013, 03:03:46 PM

Yes I will quickly find the link for you. Everyone will keep picking in the rookie draft until their squad is at 40.

Reply #4
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,86854.0.html

Nails

Damn, that draft is stacked, makes me wish I didn't trade my first round away lol

I'm confused

Quote from: Spinking on September 08, 2013, 08:17:47 AM

National Draft Rules:

1. Squad numbers must not exceed 40 at any time.  Squads must be reduced by delisting in order to use picks in the draft.  If a team reaches it's capacity it will have to pass it's pick in the draft.

2. Only players selected in the AFL National draft are eligible to be taken in the EXV National Draft

3. Picks must be taken within 24 hours of the previous pick, otherwise the pick will be skipped, and can be taken at the skipped coach's next available opportunity.

4. It is not compulsory to PM the next coach to pick, although it is desired.

And on the thread last edited near end of November Vatican Valkyries team list is 43 players long. Clearly they have exceeded max players allowed and then continued on to take 4 draft picks.

This is the first team I looked at but looking at their team list on the thread they theoretically have 47 players and therefore have taken 4 picks they're not allowed to?

Holz

we havent had delisting yet, its the same as last year zip will be forced to delist 3 players, he needs to delist 4 or more to get picks.

even if he had rookie pick 1, if he only delisted 3 players than he cant use his rookie 1 pick.

so if you skip now you get the pick after 59. It also means it wont count in your senior list.

so if you had 42 players and picked a guy now. You would have to delist 3 players minimum if you skip now than you only have to delist 2 minimum.

Scrads

I don't actually think that means that our lists couldn't be that large at anytime. Basically after the Rookie draft you must have 40. Which means Zip will have to delist 7 players at least (which would mean all his rookie picks are skipped). If he delists 8 then he gets his first rookie pick and skips all the rest. If he delists 9 then he gets his first 2 rookie picks and skips all the rest etc etc.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 03, 2013, 03:21:43 PM
I don't actually think that means that our lists couldn't be that large at anytime. Basically after the Rookie draft you must have 40. Which means Zip will have to delist 7 players at least (which would mean all his rookie picks are skipped). If he delists 8 then he gets his first rookie pick and skips all the rest. If he delists 9 then he gets his first 2 rookie picks and skips all the rest etc etc.

the list is 40 not 35.

so he only needs to delist 3 not 8. will need to delist 4 to be down to 39 before he gets a pick.

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2013, 03:19:59 PM
we havent had delisting yet, its the same as last year zip will be forced to delist 3 players, he needs to delist 4 or more to get picks.

even if he had rookie pick 1, if he only delisted 3 players than he cant use his rookie 1 pick.

so if you skip now you get the pick after 59. It also means it wont count in your senior list.

so if you had 42 players and picked a guy now. You would have to delist 3 players minimum if you skip now than you only have to delist 2 minimum.

Holz his list size is 47 atm, it was 43 but he drafted 4 players in the Nat draft. (So min of 7 delistings, 8 for first pick etc).

Nails

I think I get it, but I'm not certain

Let's face it, rookie 59 or nat draft 59 are both going to be largely irrelevant to a team trying to win a premiership. I'll just try and add some future potential as this kid won't be a big player for a few years imo.

George Hewett, has great numbers in the juniours.

It confuses me though Scrads. It clearly states "NATIONAL DRAFT" and then a line states explicitly

1. Squad numbers must not exceed 40 at any time.  Squads must be reduced by delisting in order to use picks in the draft.  If a team reaches it's capacity it will have to pass it's pick in the draft.

There's another banner for the rookie draft, so this is clearly in regards to the National draft.

Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2013, 03:23:17 PM

the list is 40 not 35.

so he only needs to delist 3 not 8. will need to delist 4 to be down to 39 before he gets a pick.

He has 47 on his list though... so he'd need to delist more than 4?

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2013, 03:23:17 PM

the list is 40 not 35.

^^^

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 03, 2013, 03:24:08 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2013, 03:19:59 PM

Holz his list size is 47 atm, it was 43 but he drafted 4 players in the Nat draft. (So min of 7 delistings, 8 for first pick etc).

ok yeah than your right 7 delistings min.

Scrads

Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2013, 03:24:37 PM

It confuses me though Scrads. It clearly states "NATIONAL DRAFT" and then a line states explicitly

There's another banner for the rookie draft, so this is clearly in regards to the National draft.

Yeah I know what you mean, but it would have been silly to force us to delist players before the AFL Nat and Rookie drafts just in case players get picked up (like Darren Jolly could have been for me). I think it might have just been a mistake (Holz to verify).

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 03, 2013, 03:27:31 PM
Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2013, 03:24:37 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, but it would have been silly to force us to delist players before the AFL Nat and Rookie drafts just in case players get picked up (like Darren Jolly could have been for me). I think it might have just been a mistake (Holz to verify).

sorry didnt look too closely at that, Spinking typed that one up it should be for the rookie draft not the nat.