EXV: 2014 National Draft

Started by Holz, November 22, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Quote from: Jayman on November 25, 2013, 11:18:53 PM
Quote from: Holzman on November 25, 2013, 04:50:37 PM
the reason why he slipped is because you dont get points for playing in the SANFL. I think he is possibly the best DTer in the draft but not sure on his JS. Very similar to mitch grigg.
Hey! Watch it mate... Grigg is locked best 21 for the Crows :)

very happy we have him in AXV........got him in the initial draft last year  ;)

*very likely to get dpp next season too  ;D

nostradamus

well l'm going offline now, but will check in the morning to see if we're up

RidleyU

Quote from: nostradamus on November 25, 2013, 11:51:15 PM
the reason why he slipped is because you dont get points for playing in the SANFL. I think he is possibly the best DTer in the draft but not sure on his JS. Very similar to mitch grigg.

very happy we have him in EXV........got him in the initial draft last year  ;)

[/quote

*cough cough* AXV *cough cough*  8)

nostradamus

Quote from: RidleyU on November 26, 2013, 10:37:40 AM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 25, 2013, 11:51:15 PM

very happy we have him in EXV........got him in the initial draft last year  ;)

[/quote

*cough cough* AXV *cough cough*  8)

fixed

Torpedo10

Ziplock

Holz is on  the ball with his updating.

Anyone pm'd/ fbd hawka?

RidleyU

Ziplock

For future reference people, I said this in the offseason thread I think, but when you take your pick, message the person with the pick after you, so we can avoid people's inboxes just being spammed :P

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on November 25, 2013, 04:55:49 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 25, 2013, 06:58:18 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on November 25, 2013, 05:32:25 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 25, 2013, 04:59:40 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 25, 2013, 04:37:38 PM
Massive steal at pick 14, have no idea how he lasted to 23 at the Crows. Brenton Sanderson told the crows players he would throw a party if Matt was still available at pick 23 and now he has to stick to his word ;)

Averaged 37 disposals this year, 25 last year, the best inside midfielder in the draft...Ollie Wines was a huge pickup last year and went at 7 to Port, Crouch is Ollie Wines x 10

#creamedjocks #moist #bashers2013

haha, I'd hoped crouch might have been available for my pick 24 :P

Honestly, I wouldn't have gone him with a top 20 pick... I heard his speed was worryingly slow, which didn't affect him at TAC, but his numbers were significantly lower in U18s against better opposition. That's why he slipped to the crows pick- it doesn't matter how good you are at getting possessions in B-grade, if you're too slow at AFL level you're not going to be getting much.
I haven't seen him play but from all reports he is a contested ball winner. So he gets to stoppages and wins the ball in close. Speed would help but its not as essential as for outside players.

Anyway, we'll see how he goes. Don't exactly need him to play for a couple of years with our young midfield anyway

Great get Rico. I reckon Crouch will be a ripper in a couple of years time. Prob wont see much action till 2015 but will be well worth the wait.

Crows will work on his disposal and tank in 2014. One thing is for sure, he knows how to find it!

Dane Swan is slow, Joel Selwood admits to being slow...he is a contested ball winner at stoppages, doesnt need to be particularly quick

I dont know why you think he will take a few years to play

- He was named in the best for every single game.
- Averaged 37 touches a game
- Missed a bit of action in the 18s champs due to a broken hand but came out and collected 27 touches.

Mr. Craig "Crouch's status as a ball magnet will hopefully see him fast-tracked towards an AFL debut"

Brenton Sanderson "A week before last night's AFL national draft the Crows coach said he would throw a party if Victorian midfield ball magnet Matt Crouch was still available at Adelaide's first pick at No. 23"

Crows have lost Vince so i can see Crouch slotting straight in there. They will want to pump games into him asap as Crows are only a year or two off being a top 4 contendor. He isnt small, he is a hard inside midfielder similar to an Ollie Wines...should play 15+ games

But hey, why do I have to defend him, He is in our team now and my jocks are well and truly full of Jizz #bashers14

I thought he missed some TAC because of a broken hand, not champs? Actually, I'm pretty certain about it.

Like, he's a good player, but fact is, unless his his speed/ fitness were extremely worrying, with his contested numbers he would have gone top 5, top 10 at the worst.  The fact that he slipped down so far means that it must be a pretty big issue.

To be fair though, I was exaggerating when I said I wouldnt have used a top 20 pick on him... if I'd had your pick I would have been strongly considering him.

He isn't worth jizzing over at that pick though :P If he'd lasted to mid 20s, then it would have been jizz worthy :P

He went at #8 to JBs in Americas DT (same as Euros) sooo... #steal ;)

And besides, who are you to say what FARK will and wont jizz over. For all you know he might have premature ejaculation. Thats a serious issue. shower bloke mate, shower bloke.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on November 26, 2013, 05:01:34 PM
Massive steal at pick 14, have no idea how he lasted to 23 at the Crows. Brenton Sanderson told the crows players he would throw a party if Matt was still available at pick 23 and now he has to stick to his word ;)

Averaged 37 disposals this year, 25 last year, the best inside midfielder in the draft...Ollie Wines was a huge pickup last year and went at 7 to Port, Crouch is Ollie Wines x 10

Honestly, I wouldn't have gone him with a top 20 pick... I heard his speed was worryingly slow, which didn't affect him at TAC, but his numbers were significantly lower in U18s against better opposition. That's why he slipped to the crows pick- it doesn't matter how good you are at getting possessions in B-grade, if you're too slow at AFL level you're not going to be getting much.
I haven't seen him play but from all reports he is a contested ball winner. So he gets to stoppages and wins the ball in close. Speed would help but its not as essential as for outside players.

Anyway, we'll see how he goes. Don't exactly need him to play for a couple of years with our young midfield anyway

Great get Rico. I reckon Crouch will be a ripper in a couple of years time. Prob wont see much action till 2015 but will be well worth the wait.

Crows will work on his disposal and tank in 2014. One thing is for sure, he knows how to find it!

Dane Swan is slow, Joel Selwood admits to being slow...he is a contested ball winner at stoppages, doesnt need to be particularly quick

- Missed a bit of action in the 18s champs due to a broken hand but came out and collected 27 touches.

Mr. Craig "Crouch's status as a ball magnet will hopefully see him fast-tracked towards an AFL debut"

Brenton Sanderson "A week before last night's AFL national draft the Crows coach said he would throw a party if Victorian midfield ball magnet Matt Crouch was still available at Adelaide's first pick at No. 23"

Crows have lost Vince so i can see Crouch slotting straight in there. They will want to pump games into him asap as Crows are only a year or two off being a top 4 contendor. He isnt small, he is a hard inside midfielder similar to an Ollie Wines...should play 15+ games

But hey, why do I have to defend him, He is in our team now and my jocks are well and truly full of Jizz #bashers14

I thought he missed some TAC because of a broken hand, not champs? Actually, I'm pretty certain about it.

Like, he's a good player, but fact is, unless his his speed/ fitness were extremely worrying, with his contested numbers he would have gone top 5, top 10 at the worst.  The fact that he slipped down so far means that it must be a pretty big issue.

To be fair though, I was exaggerating when I said I wouldnt have used a top 20 pick on him... if I'd had your pick I would have been strongly considering him.

He isn't worth jizzing over at that pick though :P If he'd lasted to mid 20s, then it would have been jizz worthy :P

And besides, who are you to say what FARK will and wont jizz over. For all you know he might have premature ejaculation. Thats a serious issue. shower bloke mate, shower bloke.

That just means he went too early in america's, sooo...

haha. Turns out fark is just constantly jizzing.

Justin Bieber

Hahaha shower bloke... shower bloke...

LF

Well this thread went south pretty damn fast :p

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on November 26, 2013, 05:07:10 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 26, 2013, 05:01:34 PM

That just means he went too early in america's, sooo...

haha. Turns out fark is just constantly jizzing.

#14 is a steal compared to #8. Its all relative ;)

But yeah, this thread gt screwed. Zip can't stop talking about FARK's jizz haha.

SOMEONE flowerING PICK SOMEONE!

Hawka

Nige