The most underated players in the AFL

Started by Cam_Nash, September 05, 2011, 09:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: Cam_Nash on September 06, 2011, 06:25:03 PM
Beams went to Arizona after he fractured his foot for four weeks,

Now you're just making things up.

Kennedy as good as Ablett, Boyd and Judd? Lol of course he is.

Cam_Nash

Have to agree with Kelly, superstar player

meow meow

Quote from: pothead on September 06, 2011, 06:35:10 PM

Thomas Murphy - I think this guy does a great job and holds up the hawks backline more than people notice

Mitch Robinson - Another great midfielder but he is also overshadowed by players like Judd and Murphy.

Murphy is a terrible kick when under any pressure.

Robinson is inconsistent, and has no brain. His best is very good though.

Cam_Nash

Kennedy is underated

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/meet-the-20-afl-players-who-deserve-more-love/story-fn7si05c-1226114536271

Have a good one champion, theres someone who actually knows what he's talking about, a proffesional journalist

meow meow

elephants

I think M. Robinson is underrated.
Do you guys think that Scott Selwood is underrated?
Massive amount of tackles (8.9 a game) and i think that's close to a record.
Also has massive scalps in terms of tagging. (Judd, Cotchin)

Cam_Nash

Your on the ball there "Elephants", One short of all time record in one season of AFL footy, 182 tackles, a staggering number of tackles

pies4spoon

Maca24

Tom Murphy is crap pothead lol.
And I dont rate Ben Johnson either. Handy, but can't kick a drop punt.

BoredSaint

some people may say this guy is overated but in my eyes he is underated

Justin Koschitzke

Gets bagged by everyone about how he has never played up to his potential, but really he is so important to the Saints structure that since his return this season, we have barely skipped a beat.

we lost to sydney 3 weeks ago because he wasnt there to support rooey

Cam_Nash

METHOD MAN

Nick Maxwell = UNDERRATED

he is a premiership player and captain, he had an average year this year but last year he was great and played a big part in the premiership. He will play a massive role this year in the granny also and hopefully dosent get delisted at the end of the year, jks ;)

Carn the giants

pothead

Quote from: Maca24 on September 06, 2011, 08:45:54 PM
Tom Murphy is crap pothead lol.
And I dont rate Ben Johnson either. Handy, but can't kick a drop punt.
he might not be the best in the league but he holds up the hawks backline and goes unnoticed and doesnt get enough credit for what he does i reckon

bottlemart

These players are not underated, but players that could be good next year.

I'm looking at some of the top 10 players in the 2008 draft.  Next year will be their 4th year, and these blokes should really start to deliver, and will all represent value at next years price.

Pick 1.  Nic Nat has taken his game to a new level

Pick 2.  Jack Watts has finally started to deliver

Pick 4.  Hamish Hartlett is underated, but highly rated at Port

Pick 5 and 6.  Yarren and Hurley should improve further

Pick 8. Tyrone Vickery has taken a while to develop being a big bloke, but showed some very good signs this year

Pick 9.  Jack Ziebell.  Have a look at Ziebells last 6 games, excluding the 4 he got in R23 when he got knocked out and subbed in the first few minutes.  His scores are 151, 121, 90, 112, 124.  An average of 119 to finish off the season, but has a season average of 79, due to a slow start.  Has yet to have a full pre season, therefore started slowly because of fitness issues.  If he gets a full pre season then he could be a huge bargain with season average of 79.

All of these players should improve further in their 4th season on whet they delivered in 2011.  Steele Sidebottom was pick 10 and could also be considered, however will come with a bigger price tag than the others.