Is it more important to get Your Prems or Rooks right from the start

Started by sj9177, March 09, 2012, 03:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sj9177

Basic question on the surface

We all know the right rooks go up big time, but you also have 4 trades within the initial window to correct.

Harder to judge a prem in the first 2 weeks

Ideally you get both right of course, but which group do you think is key?

Ringo

For me it is - I have a strategy that i select my desired final team.  I then select 12- 14 prems based on that side (dependent on values) and then fill up with rookies/cash cows.

Capper

I normally like to get 1 or 2 good prems in my team before looking at the rookies. Then once i have sorted out my rookies i upgrade soem of them to prems/mids

jabroni

well within your top class premiums, the differential in scores wont be huge but between rookies it could be anywhere from 30/40 - 70/80

from last year consider duigan/stanley vs toy and the like

swallow vs atley/etc

mzungu vs c richardson

sj9177

Yep agreed, but you also have scope to correct

its unlikely any of us will pick all 8 breakout rookies in the first round (seems to me there are about 3 waves a year of cash cows)

Grannyboy

Quote from: jabroni on March 09, 2012, 04:54:01 PM
well within your top class premiums, the differential in scores wont be huge but between rookies it could be anywhere from 30/40 - 70/80

from last year consider duigan/stanley vs toy and the like

swallow vs atley/etc

mzungu vs c richardson

Agreed, if you get the right rooks early and cash em and upgrade it doesnt matter too much if your premos are slightly down on average. You'll have more guns in your team sooner than most other teams which hopefully converts to more league wins...hopefully.

Justin Bieber

I recon both is pretty similar. Rooks might be more important, but probably not this year since everyone will have the same rooks.

Disco

You can't tell if a premium is going to go up or down in price/score so you assume their going to average same as last year but if you get your rookies wrong they can burn valuable trades eg relton roberts.

Colliwobblers

you cant answer that ???

if you have the wrong premium you need to get the right one = sideways trade.

if you have the wrong rook you need to get the right one = sideways trade.

if you have a dud premium you score bad / if you have a dud rook you dont make cash

either one is season over (if you don't fix it)  relative to teams that have either or right

bomberboy0618

dmac07

Quote from: Ringo on March 09, 2012, 04:10:08 PM
For me it is - I have a strategy that i select my desired final team.  I then select 12- 14 prems based on that side (dependent on values) and then fill up with rookies/cash cows.

Agreed Ringo, I pick a team of what I think will the highest scoring 22 players, and work a strategy around getting to that team in the quickest possible way. Part of the quickest possible way is to pick the right rookies.

So to your answer your question, rookies are probably slightly more important at the start, but the right premiums are more important as the season goes on.

jabroni

yeah look how many ppl are freaking out now over shiel, coniglio, j cameron or not picking mohr, jmac or kennedy

matto76

i would not be worried about shiel too much, people forget he hasnt played due to him getting his appendix out, with mcdonald gone as well his JS has gone up alot