Main Menu

Blues defeat Dons

Started by Master Q, August 07, 2010, 10:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

In the first half both teams played well, a lot of pressure and 2 determined teams made It great to watch. But after Half time Essendon just gave up, even though we smashed  :D the match was one of the worst Essendon v Carlton matches I've ever seen.

Justin Bieber

Our kicking just killed us :'(. Hardingham missed a few sitters >:(. 2.5 :o.

At the game and man was it frustrating with so many points that cost us the game. We were in the game until 3 quarter time even with the horrible kicking.

SCADDICT

I was at the game too. I thought both teams were actually pretty average in the first half, but Essendon was much worst with their inaccurate kicking. Certainly wasn't a flogging like the media is saying. Carlton just ran away with it in the 4th quarter. Juddy sealed the deal I think, without him we would of won. Big call I know but thats how good he is.

Justin Bieber

Yeah. Everytime I looked at the middle, he's there ::).

Garlett had a good game with no good matchup for him. And Robinson ::).

RiOtChEsS

thought the umpiring was a circus too... the neagle goal wtf?

SCADDICT

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 07, 2010, 01:30:14 PM
Yeah. Everytime I looked at the middle, he's there ::).

Garlett had a good game with no good matchup for him. And Robinson ::).

Yeah  :'(

ossie85

It's all going to hell for the Demons!

dylsta05

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on August 07, 2010, 01:52:06 PM
Then the Byrnes goal tonight!!!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 08, 2010, 01:19:58 AM
Quote from: Marcz on August 07, 2010, 01:52:06 PM
Then the Byrnes goal tonight!!!
yeah dodgy as... i honestly watched 85% of games thru the first 12 games and didnt really notice the umpiring but it has got wildly inconsistent of late >:(

Alex7089

I personally thought it was a mediocre game. Not because we were outplayed by Carlton (yes, we were) but because Essendon didn't seem to have the hunger, the desire to win against one of it's great rivals. I hate blowouts, even when it is Essendon doing the flogging. Doesn't make for entertaining footy...

Fletch74

Quote from: Alex7089 on August 08, 2010, 11:33:07 PM
I personally thought it was a mediocre game. Not because we were outplayed by Carlton (yes, we were) but because Essendon didn't seem to have the hunger, the desire to win against one of it's great rivals. I hate blowouts, even when it is Essendon doing the flogging. Doesn't make for entertaining footy...
+1 Very average game helped by poor umpiring to both sides