West Coast 2017 season mega banter thread

Started by LF, March 20, 2017, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 12, 2017, 09:13:05 PM
Yeah I saw a week or so ago AFL had a list of the fans votes for coaches, and Simmo was 2nd bottom only above Eade

He seems to stick with the same group and doesn't make big changes often which I don't like, but at the same time it's hard to blood a bunch of kids when we are still in the finals hunt

It's not that bad though considering Karpany, Cole etc have been given a shot

I think the reality us supporters need to face is that we're just not a premiership contender, but we're in that awkward middle

Yeah spot on.

To make things worse, we are a considerably worse off without our 2 most influential players in Kennedy and Naitnui. Karpany is good when he gets it (skill wise), just needs to work on getting it a bit more, hopefully with time it comes. Cole took the Nelson role and i think he was okay defensively. Just skills needed a little clean up but will be better for the run.

The one the supporters hve been screaming for is Parto... How someone can consistently dominate at wafl level and cant be an inclusion the next week into a losing side is beyond me. He brings guys like masto and wellingham straight back who have proven numerous times they are not up to it.

RaisyDaisy

Agree, Masten is a scrub and won't get any better at all. I don't mind Wellingham, but with the likes of Nelson flourishing he isn't a must start anymore

Partington needs a run, and not just one game then dropped either but who knows, we'd be crying for Darling to get dropped for ages and he finally turned it around the last two weeks

The_Captain

Darling is okay... As long as he isnt the key target. With kennedy back he will hve 3 defenders on him again and darling will be free to roam.

Masten named again... Surely not Simmo- Ive never seen so many turnovers at wafl level from one player. Yeah he gets it 30 times but is woeful when he does get it. Winning 3km time trials just doesnt warrant a game Simmo....

Yep agree, Parto needs a run of at least 6 or 7 in a row to get the feel for it. Wont get 6 in now...

LF

elephants

Quote from: LF on July 20, 2017, 07:04:43 AM
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/west-coast-eagles-put-faith-in-top-draftee-by-resigning-daniel-venables/news-story/465c19fdce6a6a28a9c09912d664023a

We've locked Venables in for another 2yrs

Wonderful news, even more important considering he's a Vic boy. Hope the older Vic lads (Shuey, Gaffy, Smitch, etc) can get around him and help him continue to settle.

jvalles69

Another week, another bunch of soft cocks.  >:(

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 23, 2017, 09:40:32 PM

I've resigned to the fact that we are a very average team, simply making up the numbers. Stop thinking we are good enough to challenge etc, because that's delusional. Not saying you are, but we need to be real with ourselves

Trust me, once you can do that too it makes things so much easier. I'm done with getting upset etc we're just nowhere near good enough

This current team has way too many passengers, and I can't believe how hard they choke in last quarters. I feel like every second week they can't hang onto a lead and close out games. It's shocking, and a major concern

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 23, 2017, 09:44:28 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 23, 2017, 09:40:32 PM

I've resigned to the fact that we are a very average team, simply making up the numbers. Stop thinking we are good enough to challenge etc, because that's delusional. Not saying you are, but we need to be real with ourselves

Trust me, once you can do that too it makes things so much easier. I'm done with getting upset etc we're just nowhere near good enough

This current team has way too many passengers, and I can't believe how hard they choke in last quarters. I feel like every second week they can't hang onto a lead and close out games. It's shocking, and a major concern

Personally I hope we miss finals, so they can start making a cull across the board.

Gigantor

Equal second for 1st qtrs won
Equal second for 2nd qtrs won

Equal 13th for 4th qtrs won

About sums up how we have played this year

What really pissed me off this week is the pies were two men down for a half and we still go over run

The_Captain

Quote from: Gigantor on July 23, 2017, 10:45:05 PM
Equal second for 1st qtrs won
Equal second for 2nd qtrs won

Equal 13th for 4th qtrs won

About sums up how we have played this year

What really pissed me off this week is the pies were two men down for a half and we still go over run

The only surprising stat there is we are 13th for last quarters??? Thought we would easily be 18th... So embarrassing every last quarter we fold over. Gotta be lacking fitness. Getting run over the top of every single last quarter...

One positive to take out of that game and that JK proving he is best forward in the comp... Was a pleasure to watch him today. Other than that, can't find any other positives...

elephants

OUT: Priddis, Vardy, LeCras, Cripps
IN: Partington, Lycett (if fit), Karpany, Mutimer

Tell Redden he is not allowed to kick, handball only.

Tell Masten he is playing for his career in this next month of WAFL footy. Archetypal list clogger.

Tell Priddis he is no longer a walk up starter.

Tell Sam Mitchell to get his coaching hat on because thats where he should be next season.

I would love to see Franky Watson and Tom Lamb get debuts before the season is out.

I am trying to work out if Adam Simpson is a stubborn prick or if he's simply spineless and won't make statements at the selection table.

Honestly prepared for the same old Redden out for Masten shuffling of the deck chairs on the titanic type changes come Thursday.

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on July 24, 2017, 12:55:39 PM

Tell Masten he is playing for his career in this next month of WAFL footy. Archetypal list clogger.

Tell Sam Mitchell to get his coaching hat on because thats where he should be next season.

I would love to see Franky Watson and Tom Lamb get debuts before the season is out.

I am trying to work out if Adam Simpson is a stubborn prick or if he's simply spineless and won't make statements at the selection table.

Honestly prepared for the same old Redden out for Masten shuffling of the deck chairs on the titanic type changes come Thursday.

Franky Watson for sure!!! Was killling it earlier this year before his injury. IS fast and has good skills. Something many of our players lack....

Could Masten go down as the worst 3rd draft pick of all time? Surely theres been no one worse?

Nige

Quote from: The_Captain on July 24, 2017, 07:28:29 PM

Franky Watson for sure!!! Was killling it earlier this year before his injury. IS fast and has good skills. Something many of our players lack....

Could Masten go down as the worst 3rd draft pick of all time? Surely theres been no one worse?
Colin Sylvia would like a word!

The_Captain

Quote from: Nige on July 24, 2017, 07:33:17 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on July 24, 2017, 07:28:29 PM

Colin Sylvia would like a word!

I'd take Sylvia any day of the week!