Bully's Boys 2023

Started by Bully, February 14, 2023, 02:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 19, 2023, 01:11:31 AM
Hopper to Phillips and Jones to Daicos an option?

I like it, also considering Hopper to Green.

Bully

I'm going all the way this week & using 3 trades to clear out some mid pricers, some may say Hopper is hasty (ditto Fyfe) but they are continuing on their form line from last year, both haven't tonned in quite a few matches & we've seen them at full fitness now.

Hopper - turning circle of a Mac truck, looks slow as treacle, I even think the Tigers got royally screwed trading him in, PCL sugery can affect mobility.

Fyfe - is dead for SC, time to put him to bed, he may make some cash but you will be waiting half a season.

I'm bringing in Daicos as he impressed me with his professionalism, I actually think he's the best second year player I've seen since Judd.

Phillipou was always in my team but being on the extended bench forced a rethink, straight back in with Bytel who looks like a role player with some tagging duties (job security good).

Ringo

If Marshall out for any period will that change your thinking,  You have Sav there to rotate though if only short,

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on March 20, 2023, 02:19:59 PM
If Marshall out for any period will that change your thinking,  You have Sav there to rotate though if only short,

What happened to Marshall?

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2023, 02:41:25 PM
Quote from: Ringo on March 20, 2023, 02:19:59 PM

What happened to Marshall?

Got a shoulder knock in 4th quarter. Not sure how bad though

Mat0369

The week keeps getting better

Bully

The Marshall news stinks, I just have to work out whether I go straight to Gawn/English or field Ratugolea.

arbel

Quote from: Bully on March 20, 2023, 06:55:08 PM
The Marshall news stinks, I just have to work out whether I go straight to Gawn/English or field Ratugolea.

Just looking on the saints webpage and they've updated their injury list (as of 1 hour ago) no mention of marshall or his knock so looks like alright to go
Looks like you may have to reassess the getting bytel in. He's been added as having a knee injury with TBC for return.

Bully

Quote from: arbel on March 21, 2023, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 20, 2023, 06:55:08 PM

Just looking on the saints webpage and they've updated their injury list (as of 1 hour ago) no mention of marshall or his knock so looks like alright to go
Looks like you may have to reassess the getting bytel in. He's been added as having a knee injury with TBC for return.

Yeah, Bytel not an option.

My non negotable trade is Fyfe to Phillipou, that leaves 156k in the kitty but Jones still marooned in the backline, no real options with an upgrade but maybe a downgrade in order.

Cole might be decent, Micalhanney coming in 50k cheaper another prospect. Could just hold and field Wilmot & Chesser/Cowan for a week & keep the money in the bank.

$400 short of Hopper to Green if I take Cole, Daicos still doable however but must commit to a rookie which is dangerous. Still undecided.

I can also upgrade Hopper to Gulden in two trades and hold fire on the rookies, that might be the sensible approach all things considered.

Mat0369

I'm starting to warm to the idea of holding Jones this week, even if he is out. Cowan has been named so it gives us one more look at the defenders and you can maybe loop Cowan and Chesser in your case.

You could turn Fyfe into Phillipou and Hopper into Daicos using Chesser? I'd like that better for your structure

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 23, 2023, 02:21:16 AM
I'm starting to warm to the idea of holding Jones this week, even if he is out. Cowan has been named so it gives us one more look at the defenders and you can maybe loop Cowan and Chesser in your case.

You could turn Fyfe into Phillipou and Hopper into Daicos using Chesser? I'd like that better for your structure

Short on cash to do that in 2 trades, the only way I can get Daicos is to use a third trade which I'm slightly reluctant to do, especially playing rookie roulette.

My 3 targets are Gulden/Green/Daicos, the latter two might be better bets by trading down an underperforming mid eg. Steele, Neale.

Structure is ok, it only looks bad in isolation but very few teams slayed it in the backline last week.

Bully

Worst start in 10 years, ranked around the 50k mark and have been hit with some nasty injuries, although team looks ok after some corrective trades.

Darcy to Cameron works on a few levels, probs a top 6 forward but also allows for a cheap as chips Gawn down the track.

Chesser up to mid pricer (Hooper is back!) & I've got my midfield/defensive  floater in place.

To be honest, I don't hate this side, I think there's been some untimely injuries & Darcy had one of his stinkers when I needed a 150.

I think it will be a struggle to crack the top 1000 this year but you never know.

Bully

Hopper doubtful, the guys I'm considering are Setterfield, Ziebell or Worpel. Slightly favouring Ziebell as I reckon he'll get DPP.

Bully

Will roll with Ziebell, Setterfield still on the watchlist, interesting prospect & one to closely monitor. Possibly Callghan up to Setterfield in a week or two.

Mat0369

As someone that watched a lot of Setters, I thought 2021 would be his breakout. He played pretty well on the wing in 2020 for Carlton and looked like he could take the next step.

He was nowhere near it the next two seasons and struggled both on the wing and inside where he was originally drafted to play. What consistently let him down was his use by foot and his defensive work, particularly his tackling. Watching the Bombers game on the weekend, he didn't do anything exceptional, but he covered the ground better than he has in years, tackled well and made the right decisions with the ball in general play rather than turning it over. He also kicked a timely goal which help give him that boost.

I think as a cash cow he will be a good option, but I don't bank on him keeping this scoring up. I expect him to crash back down with a mediocre score this week against the Saints. Ziebell has at least proven himself in that half back role in the past and I don't see Clarko throwing him forward like Noble did. So there is potential for a keeper in Ziebell who should also make some pretty good coin