S26: FanFooty Best XI - Batsmen Nominations

Started by PowerBug, December 21, 2014, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

dunno it is a theory Roblet always had

and a theory that DZ thinks helps too

not so much perhaps in terms of triggering more but in terms of dynamics for a team lineup

every single player these days are trained exactly the same

this is what we have been theorizing more so for Nats
as UAE for example our batting no matter the pitch and trying different orders etc has let us down for seasons upon seasons now

even DZ reckons it is because all players are pretty much identical these days so it all plays out the same

I.e more power does mean they go for more aggressive shots meaning they have a tendency to go out more

where as less power means they a more defensive and take there time and build there innings

same as they always used to say a tech gap isn't such a bad thing if the Tech is the higher one it makes them stay in more

DazBurg

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 22, 2014, 07:42:30 PM
Quote from: The BeDazzler on December 22, 2014, 07:26:36 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 22, 2014, 12:12:00 PM
If only Khaleel had power Dazzle! And we'll have to beat them in these teams HB before they start dominating in like 3+ seasons :P.

Anderson Silva, Maxime Gaudet and Daniel Currie would be my nominations. I'd expect Currie to be cut out though once other Managers come on to post their guys.

not meant too as stated

the theroy is less power means more dot balls more dot balls means more trigger talents
play on Defensive and trigger away
You know that's bullshower right......

didn't say i had proof it worked
but in saying that where is the proof it doesn't contribute?

as stated above it isn't just about triggering talents but more for team dynamics and balance
wheather it actually helps or not i'm not sure but salim and khaleel make a damn fine partnership more often then not

Hellopplz

Heard the theory before. Have seen a WC/WC batter with Average power (but Accumulator talent not BH) go alright in the past for Scotland. I may try a similar route for a batter I currently have (an Opener maybe since got two of them). But would be taking him to WC/WC and maybe beyond if I don't train batting. Worth trying it out otherwise turns similar to anybody else.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 23, 2014, 12:37:04 AM
Heard the theory before. Have seen a WC/WC batter with Average power (but Accumulator talent not BH) go alright in the past for Scotland. I may try a similar route for a batter I currently have (an Opener maybe since got two of them). But would be taking him to WC/WC and maybe beyond if I don't train batting. Worth trying it out otherwise turns similar to anybody else.

yup that is the point
trying different ways to get the ME to work for you
rather then every player being trained stock standard
again i have no proof
but i am willing to try
so khaleel is getting some fitness work before gong back to batting

PowerBug

As you say, if you train everyone the same, then they all have the same chances of getting out, which causes collapses. Mixing it up might save you on that one occassion that you need it. I have two 21yo's currently, one with Gifted Batting, one with Gifted Tech, I plan to give them each a gap, one each way. Livera who has gifted batting is outs/expert with outs fielding, so he's coming along very nicely :D (I am thinking elite/excep with him, but I don't think he'll get that far hahaha, might just go wclass/excep then hit the power)

Torpedo10

Which player? If you try that with any Scottish National prospect I'll go nuts. We play against WCWc batsmen WITH Excep Power and co.

AFEV

Yeah it's a pretty well documented theory I think DZ calls it 'samey syndrome' from memory. It does have some merit to it, but regardless there are different ways to play the game for everyone.

DazBurg

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 23, 2014, 10:13:40 AM
Which player? If you try that with any Scottish National prospect I'll go nuts. We play against WCWc batsmen WITH Excep Power and co.

because the current way is working a treat for the scots?
we have charlie who is WC/WC with all power etc and the biggest let down of all the batters there

mate especially at UAE with the smallest player pool we need to explore every chance

Torpedo10

Quote from: The BeDazzler on December 23, 2014, 05:09:42 PM

we have charlie who is WC/WC with all power etc and the biggest let down of all the batters there

mate especially at UAE with the smallest player pool we need to explore every chance
Dude, our issue right now isn't the skills of 2-3 of our players. The issue is that we don't have enough of them. That and our last of super skilled bowlers. Charlie may not have a direct effect at times but he helps the whole squad,  I know for a fact Charlie has destroyed us many times.

I don't buy that crap Daz, UAE have a relatively large community, one of the biggest on FTP.

Trust me, having Average powered batsmen will destroy any team, ask DZ. He will laugh you off as a madman if you propose mass primary training and no power training.

Hellopplz

Johnnie Walker back in the day, he was Average Power until about mid 27 and did alright but was thrown all over the batting order due to the low power.

And I'm planning on Douglas Cameron to be trained similar to him, not Norman Angus don't worry ;).

DazBurg

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 23, 2014, 09:16:32 PM
Quote from: The BeDazzler on December 23, 2014, 05:09:42 PM

Dude, our issue right now isn't the skills of 2-3 of our players. The issue is that we don't have enough of them. That and our last of super skilled bowlers. Charlie may not have a direct effect at times but he helps the whole squad,  I know for a fact Charlie has destroyed us many times.

I don't buy that crap Daz, UAE have a relatively large community, one of the biggest on FTP.

Trust me, having Average powered batsmen will destroy any team, ask DZ. He will laugh you off as a madman if you propose mass primary training and no power training.

first off
Torps last of your super skilled bowlers now?
so what has happened the last 6 seasons or so?
you have 2 things here
1. that perhaps dynamics rather then every single player being trained exactly the same "MAY" (keyword there) help in certain situations as PB and HP and AX and JB all agreed they have heard "MAY" (again keyword) help with a team dynamic
or
2. you have failed miserably as manager (not trying to be mean either simply stating fact here Scots have had good players so have UAE in both our times as managers so why do the fails seem to continue and for UAE it is always batting not bowling)

Also The fact that every single person on FTP trains exactly the same now and takes that as the way things need to be done could be correct but a few different things to mix up (any variety in the game is meant to be good variety)....lets just Ask PB who every season has been servilely outrated and still been in Div 1 for what 4 seasons now

And UAE has one of the biggest communities does it?
not sure where i get the information for the player pools but just going on what is stated (including by DZ and pretty sure Ash has)

and finally where did i state that mass primary training should be done?
i said i have 2 BH's one stopped at accomplished and one is not getting any form of power at this stage and if he does i may only go to reasonable for a different dynamic

but just for the sake of the argument here is a direct quote from DZ on out offsite
"and the problem isn't the orders, it's the fact there is no differentiation between the batsmen IMO. They are all mostly exc/exc with exc+ power. Therefore they will all have a similar chance of getting out and you don't have anything that can change it up."

"I know there aren't many options, but it's time to start thinking outside the square and not just picking 8 exceptional/world class skilled players."

point i am trying to get at here is thinking outside the box rather simply taking as gospel that is how things should be done
it may not work and i may have no data to back it up

but then neither do you
its always good to try different things and evolve rather then doing the ame thing over and over again especially if it isn't working

BratPack

PowerBug

Quote from: The BeDazzler on December 23, 2014, 09:40:44 PM
Also The fact that every single person on FTP trains exactly the same now and takes that as the way things need to be done could be correct but a few different things to mix up (any variety in the game is meant to be good variety)....lets just Ask PB who every season has been servilely outrated and still been in Div 1 for what 4 seasons now
I just get lucky because everyone worries about the Pav Cup too much :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on December 24, 2014, 03:40:42 PM
Look at labrooys team and come back to me.

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2014, 03:41:40 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on December 24, 2014, 03:40:42 PM
Look at labrooys team and come back to me.
Yep, looked at his team, and looked at how he still managed to finish 3rd in SOD last season. With the position on power that he is in, really shouldn't be losing a match