Round 12 Thread

Started by Jukes, June 07, 2016, 02:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

This boarders on ridiculous... 27 disposals (81% efficiency), 3 goals, 31 hit outs, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 146 Dt points.... but only 112 SC points..

Forget Dangerfield's 48 possession game... Gawn easily deserves a higher score (I'll be overruling my B&F count to give him the 5 votes over Ablett)

Good work to Pk though - I was grasping at straws coming into this game so the upset was inevitable (I was basically hoping for a 200 point game from Gawn and for Sidey to spud it up haha)  :)

Well played by the Hawks, easily the better team with only 2 spuds compared to my 6 spuds

powersuperkents

Again I just fall short of the 110 point barrier against Pk  >:( (subject to scaling)

Pkbaldy

Nige

Anaheim Mighty Ducks 19.9.123 lost to Carolina Panthers 20.4.124
(Real: 1847 vs 1861)

A superhuman effort from Patrick Dangerfield as captain wasn't enough to lead the Ducks to victory over a gallant Carolina outfit. For Anaheim, a few issues such as the absence of a ruck were really felt and were capitalised on by the Panthers who put in a true team effort to walk away with a narrow victory.

Best
Anaheim: Dangerfield, Greene
Carolina: Docherty, Ward, Bontempelli, Martin

Chicago Sharks 20.9.129 defeated Boston Terriers 16.19.115
(Real: 1938 vs 1735)

They did it! The second placed Chicago Sharks toppled the ladder leading Boston Terriers! The Sharks went into this one knowing they were a chance and seized the opportunity for an important victory in a pretty dominant display. For the Terriers, it wasn't a good week at all compared to their usual standard with the loss compunded by the injury to star forward/mid Luke Dahlhaus.

Best
Chicago: J.Gibson, Selwood, Tyson, S.Gibson, Wells, Menzel
Boston: Laird, Pendlebury, Priddis, Cotchin, Gray, Wright

San Francisco Grizzilies 18.14.122 defeated Colorado Avalanche 15.14.104
(Real: 1823 vs 1565)

San Francisco did it fairly easily against a Colorado outfit that just had a bit of a nightmare. The Grizzlies were led well by their co-captains Shaw and Deledio while the only negatives were concussions to midfielder Andrew Swallow and sub Kade Kolodjashnij. The Avalanche just didn't provide much of a challenge, with ruck Tom Hickey and veteran defender Jimmy Bartel their only shining lights.

Best
San Francisco: Shaw, Pittard, Steven, Coniglio, Wines, Deledio, Montagna
Colorado: Bartel, Hickey

New Brooklyn Hawks 17.14.116 defeated Santiago Cockerels 17.7.109
(Real: 1744 vs 1633)

New Brooklyn pulled off a bit of an upset in front of their home crowd as the Cockerels may live to regret dropping this one. New Brooklyn just did that little bit better on the day to come away with the win while Santiago will be disappointed that some of their personnel performed rather poorly.

Best
New Brooklyn: Liberatore, Gunston, Thomas, Crouch, Membrey
Santiago: Ablett, Duncan, Whitfield, Gawn, Jenkins

Las Vegas Sinners 16.11.107 lost to Houston Bombers 17.11.113
(Real: 1608 vs 1690)

The Sinners drop a game at home to the visitors Houston in a fairly tight game. As has seemingly become the norm with Las Vegas, a number of personnel issues proved costly and allowed the Bombers to pull out a win with their captaincy combo of Sloane and Vince leading the way.

Best
Las Vegas: Taylor, Rockliff, Lewis
Houston: Rance, Sloane, Vince, Riewoldt, Puopolo

Quito Quetzals 15.14.104 lost to Ottawa Otters 16.10.106
(Real: 1552 vs 1593)

A really scrappy affair ended with Quito losing to Ottawa in a game that neither side looked like they wanted to win. Quito failed to nominate a vice captain before a supporter suggested Bryce Gibbs and while they had more standout performances than their opponents, the Quetzals just fell short. Meanwhiel, the Otters were lucky to get away with this one and their leadership duo let the team down on the way to a very ugly win.

Best
Quito: Simpson, Griffen, Lynch, Barlow, Weller
Ottawa: McGovern, Hogan, Jones

kilbluff1985

nas

Jay

T Dog

Next Year watch out   :-\

Nige

Confirmation the Otters are rip. NicNat is donion rings for 6-8 weeks.

Only got Big Boy as our ruck now and he's been shizenhousen for weeks (and he's our only other ruck too, fml).

popedelio

Quote from: Nige on June 13, 2016, 08:33:39 PM
Confirmation the Otters are rip. NicNat is donion rings for 6-8 weeks.

Only got Big Boy as our ruck now and he's been shizenhousen for weeks (and he's our only other ruck too, fml).

That definitely hurts you, at least it is byes and you'll only be missing him for hopefully 3 games.

lastly up the Sharks, looking great this season thanks to basically 2 new star recruits in Wells and Kerridge (having a healthy Menzel hasn't hurt too). Drastically changed my teams scoring because of those 2.

Nige

Wouldn't mind Sinkers back tbh. :P

powersuperkents

Goes to show we aren't top 6 material

Scoring +130 some weeks and sub 110 in others with the occasional game between 110-116 points

If you aren't scoring +120 each week you're barely a chance for the top 3

If you're, like us, not getting past 110 half the time, you're barely a chance for finals... no matter how many points you score in total  :( (the draft order may add more insult to injury at seasons' end - hopefully teams have started to overtake us)

Disappointing effort but happy the Hawks had the mercy to beat us convincingly so as to remove any false hope - six horrendous scores so we deserved to lose and no consistency whatsoever this season (we'll be lucky to get the required 3 win from 4 games to maintain a chance at the top 6 - the scoring has just been too erratic) :'(

All in all, a disappointing effort and my team selection is partly to blame  :-\

Jukes

I just got home, will have dinner then get the ladder up

Jukes

As promised, the ladder:

Boston Terriers   9   3   1517   1377   110.17
Chicago Sharks   8   4   1393   1348   103.34
Carolina Panthers   8   4   1400   1370   102.19
San Francisco Grizzlies   7   5   1456   1387   104.97
Santiago Cockerels   6   6   1426   1413   100.92
Anaheim Mighty Ducks    6   6   1367   1367   100.00
-------------------------------------------------------------
Houston Bombers   6   6   1342   1348   99.55
Ottawa Otters   6   6   1383   1400   98.79
New Brooklyn Hawks   6   6   1319   1382   95.44
Colorado Avalanche   4   8   1330   1372   96.94
Las Vegas Sinners   3   9   1216   1281   94.93
Quito Quetzals   3   9   1329   1416   93.86

No change in the ladder positions since last week! Five teams sit in the middle locked at 6-6, while the top four look to be settling themselves in.

kilbluff1985

i just want to check something that's been bugging me

since Brooksby was out and i had no R emerg

shouldn't Stokes of been moved to ruck and then i get M Wood into utilities