Started by Spite, May 21, 2017, 10:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Out - Marchbank and Sandi

In - Harbrow and Goldi

Mat0369

Quote from: GoLions on May 26, 2017, 03:00:55 AM
Perryman

I had to make the call pretty quickly so I ended up bringing Scharenberg in. I regret that trade already since Ryder flopped. I'll probably have to bring both in anyway in the end.

Ricochet

Balic to Lloyd
Barrett to Dusty

Adamant

So I have royally flowered myself this week.

After Preuss was named last night I decided to hold Sandi and use up all my cash to go Williamson > Danger (which looked great last night) but now that Preuss hasn't made the cut I have to trade Sandi to a ruck 438k or under (best option is Witts) or downgrade Preuss to Tim English to avoid a donut.

Also means I have to cop Parson's filth just to add insult to injury.

Mat0369

If you aren't stuffed for R11 I'd grab English. He may not play R12 but I think he covers a need and you get the cash of Preuss>English.

Adamant

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2017, 07:39:12 PM
If you aren't stuffed for R11 I'd grab English. He may not play R12 but I think he covers a need and you get the cash of Preuss>English.

I've currently got 17 playing in R11 (including Butler and Parsons, but not Preuss, Houston or Balic) and with three trades next week I should be all good there. I'm more concerned about R13 if English is dropped. I've currently only got a likely 14 playing that round and while that's still a few weeks away basically all of my R13 bye guys are premos besides McGrath and Balic.

Also is it worth burning a trade on English when he might only score 50 this week anyway?

Mat0369

I wouldn't look at it as just a 50, I'd look at it as getting the cash generation. It works out to 150k+ in the bank with the downgrade and you can start upgrading your premiums next week without having to do 2 downgrades.

Adamant

Yeah fair point. I don't know, I'm kinda leaning towards getting Witts. 88 average is pretty solid. He'll also play through the byes so that probably adds 5 points to his average. Whose to say he doesn't do a Grundy and come home with a wet sail? He also has Melbourne (Pedersen) this week who rucks have been going huge against recently. It just feels super dirty, especially when it means I won't be able to get Gawn/Grundy for the rest of the season.

I'm going to deliberate over this one right up until lockout. :-X

Mat0369

I think if you are going to trade Sandi it has to be for a gun. You could bring in English, wait through the byes and grab a cheap Gawn when he is ready. It makes more sense, as long as you have the coverage.

Adamant

Went Witts. :-X

I was going to trade Sandi on his bye regardless which would rule out Grundy (R13 bye) and it would be silly to trade in Gawn before he loses any cash, so my hand was forced.

LF

Hurley and Greenwood in for Butler and Hampton

Peter

Fyfe to Yeo, H-Smith to Greenwood, Dahlhous to Treloar. Leaves only to get Sloane or Rockliff next week