Round 7 Trades.

Started by nas, April 30, 2017, 11:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 03, 2017, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: Spite on May 03, 2017, 04:50:40 PM
Could I please have the breakevens of Swallow, JOM, Tom Stewart and McGrath? Thank you
Swallow 95
JOM 74
Stewart -5
McGrath 38

Thanks Rusty! Guess I'm holding JOM and Swallow, how did it come to this.

Don't have beams either so in a good position going into this week so far.

BratPack

Parfitt -> Parsons

Thought about Marchbank to Heater but decided to risk Heater not making his BE and bank the cash for one more week.

AaronKirk

Parfitt to Parsons
Nank to Rockliff

Holding Beams and Greene for now. No mid or forward cover....

LF

NFI what to do this week haha

whorya

im the same - feel this season has been so hard to predict each week im struggling to know what trades to do.

the only obvious one is parson bloke in for Houston

im tempted to get black in but the issue I have is nank donut.

LF

Quote from: whorya on May 04, 2017, 09:17:41 PM
im the same - feel this season has been so hard to predict each week im struggling to know what trades to do.

the only obvious one is parson bloke in for Houston

im tempted to get black in but the issue I have is nank donut.

That's my issue Nank out as well as Greene,Beams is not a problem as I can cover him for now,just will likely pick the wrong player to field haha

Mat0369

I have Parfitt so he has to go but I'm thinking Houston could be handy over the byes. He's been pretty good most weeks and will play all the way through. As long as you have cover for him in a fortnight he could be super handy down the track.

Rusty00

Houston to Parsons first off.

Have decided to trade Beams so I can keep Marchbank/Otten/Hampton for another week. Would've like to bring in Sloane or Merrett but with Bowes out I need to bring a forward so Macrae comes in as originally planned.

AaronKirk

I don't have Houston but if he has a decent BE I'd be keeping him if I had him. As Mat said he will be handy come the byes.

Mat0369

The ball was also in the Port forward line for most of the game so he would have found it hard to get his hand on it. I'd expect him to bounce back this week against WC at home.

whorya

its a weird week and next week is going to hurt people if they don't have cash in bank.

Many may bring in Myers in after 1 game.

Basically the only 3 downs this week are 2 fwds (pars/black) and a back (EVW or what ever it is)
As there isn't a mid downgrade atm I cant trade parr

next week there isn't anyone on the bubble.

If I do double down I have 450k in the bank for next week. but then I have a nanks donut.

Overall ill lose ground and may even lose my lg game which will hurt after starting undefeated but long term ill have cash for next week and wont need to risk Myer after 1 game

Houston for bye weeks would be good but I need cash!!

Mat0369

McNiece is being rested this week meaning he will be a 102k defender on the bubble the week after.

Ringo

After Teams announced  doing this trade:

Parfitt to Parsons
Beams to Sloane

Still have $123k for down and up next week.

Only drawback no forward cover if late outs and fielding Balic, Butler and Parsons.

GoLions

Parfitt-->Parsons
Houston-->Grundy (via Nank)

DT side doesn't seem to have been hit too hard. Only starters that I've lost are Nank and McGrath (who I potentially would have benched anyway). No Beams, Greene, etc. SC on the other hand...absolutely flowered :P

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 04, 2017, 09:45:46 PM
The ball was also in the Port forward line for most of the game so he would have found it hard to get his hand on it. I'd expect him to bounce back this week against WC at home.
Ball was in the port forward line most of the Carlton game as well but he still scored 75 :P The fact that he scores poorly the week Hombsh, Pittard and Hartlett are back together may be a coincidence, but it's definitely food for thought.

I do agree that it would be good to be able to keep him through the byes but it's a balancing act with downgrading these types of players for cash generation. If I don't trade him this week, it would need to be one of Marchbank/Otten/Hampton, all of whom have lower BEs and arguably more cash to make. Ideally you'd want to trade in players like Robbie Gray, GAJ, Ebert, etc to play through the byes and beyond.