Big Bash League Fantasy BB03

Started by Windigo, November 25, 2013, 10:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Looking good ele, only thing is that Malinga won't be playing the first two matches due to international commitments. Mabye downgrade him to a guy like Murali and upgrade Neser to a star all-rounder such as Christian or Botha? (not sure if you can afford it, might just fall short).

Or you could just go Malinga to pretty much any bowler you want and keep the cash up your sleeve as you'll want to get him in when he returns anyway. 8)

elephants

Haha legend! Yeah only just short, I'll have a tinker. Thanks mate :)

Just a question on teams, how much notice do we get for team sheets and is it like rolling lockout? Cheers boys!

BB67th

Not too sure on team sheets, I think clubs normally announce a 12 man squad a day or two before the match and name the XI at the toss.

As for lockouts, it is rolling and you can trade a player as soon as he plays his match, so you can get heaps of points if you use the trading system properly. It's very complex though. I will be doing an article on it for SuperCoach HQ sometime in the next couple of weeks, so it should be a useful read.

elephants

Ewoks

Should be fun  :)

here's my team as it stands

A. Finch, A. Hales, C.White, A. Voges: T. Head
D. Christian, M. Henriques: A. Keath
T. Paine: C. Kieswetter
B. Hilfenhaus, N. Coulter-Nile, S. Tait, D. Bollinger: G. Putland

nrich102

DT talk does a thing on fantasy BBL. Also, should we set up a group thing, as we'll be having 2 or 3 leagues.

elephants

Nige

Considering just benching Malinga for the first two games. Don't wanna have to go to the trouble of trading him in.  :P

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on December 01, 2013, 11:01:27 PM
Considering just benching Malinga for the first two games. Don't wanna have to go to the trouble of trading him in.  :P
Same lol. He is too good to not have.

Correy

1. Finch, A
2. Hales, A
3. Hughes, P
4. North, M
5. Neser, M
6. Henriques, M
7. Triffitt, T
8. Laughlin, B
9. Starc, M
10. Coulter-Nile, N
11. Doran, L
12. Katich, S
13. Stoinis, M
14. Nevill, P
15. Malinga, L

KoopKicka

1. Aaron Finch (Leading BBL|02 fantasy point getter.)
2. Eoin Morgan (English International with a very handy T20 record.)
3. Ravi Bopara (All-rounder classified as a batsman)
4. Alex Hales (Averages almost 40 in T20I and should dominate along with Klinger and Reardon in a weak Strikers lineup.)
5. Luke Wright (Top score of 99* in T20I and is very handy with the ball too, probably the most likely one to be traded out by me before the first game.)
6. Moses Henriques (Underpriced for what he can produce)
7. Peter Nevill (The Renegades sole keeper is a massive steal at that price)
8. Ben Cutting (What needs saying here? A great bowler who will bat at 6-7 for the Heat and clubs them into the stand all night long.)
9. Dirk Nannes (You'd be struggling to find a more economical T20 bowler)
10. Aaron O'Brien (All rounder classified as a bowler, will bat 7-8 for the Renegades and is very handy with both bat and ball.)
11. Nathan Coulter-Nile (Underpriced)

12. Jordan Silk (Ive heard a lot of promising things about this guy.
13. Trent Lawford (Should play most games as a bowling all rounder.)
14. Chirs Hartley (Arguable the best gloveman in Aus, will bat at 9 for the Heat however.)
15. Ashton Turner (Heard that he has a chance to cement a regular place and for 32k Im willing to take a punt)

Cash left: 900

4 England players :o

Thoughts much appreciated. :)

BB67th

Quote from: KoopKicka on December 06, 2013, 12:23:37 AM
1. Aaron Finch (Leading BBL|02 fantasy point getter.)
2. Eoin Morgan (English International with a very handy T20 record.)
3. Ravi Bopara (All-rounder classified as a batsman)
4. Alex Hales (Averages almost 40 in T20I and should dominate along with Klinger and Reardon in a weak Strikers lineup.)
5. Luke Wright (Top score of 99* in T20I and is very handy with the ball too, probably the most likely one to be traded out by me before the first game.)
6. Moses Henriques (Underpriced for what he can produce)
7. Peter Nevill (The Renegades sole keeper is a massive steal at that price)
8. Ben Cutting (What needs saying here? A great bowler who will bat at 6-7 for the Heat and clubs them into the stand all night long.)
9. Dirk Nannes (You'd be struggling to find a more economical T20 bowler)
10. Aaron O'Brien (All rounder classified as a bowler, will bat 7-8 for the Renegades and is very handy with both bat and ball.)
11. Nathan Coulter-Nile (Underpriced)

12. Jordan Silk (Ive heard a lot of promising things about this guy.
13. Trent Lawford (Should play most games as a bowling all rounder.)
14. Chirs Hartley (Arguable the best gloveman in Aus, will bat at 9 for the Heat however.)
15. Ashton Turner (Heard that he has a chance to cement a regular place and for 32k Im willing to take a punt)

Cash left: 900

4 England players :o

Thoughts much appreciated. :)

There is no way that Hartley will bat at 9. He opened in the Big Bash last year and opened in the Ryobi Cup this year. While he probably won't be at the top of the order any more, the lowest I think he would bat is 6.

ZEDDOG

Group 121310 name:fanfooty
Half full, jump in if keen

fidou

Quote from: ZEDDOG on December 06, 2013, 08:41:54 PM
Group 121310 name:fanfooty
Half full, jump in if keen
Im in go the drongos!

Nige

1. Aaron Finch - Loves this form. Will go nuts.
2. Shaun Marsh - Similar to Finchy.
3. Cam White - We all know how dangerous he can be.
4. Tommy Cooper - Has the ability to put in a good score late the innings, nice price.
5. Shoaib Malik - Gun all-rounder. Game time a plenty surely.
6. Glenn Maxwell - No explanations needed.
7. Chris Hartley - Cheap, gun, lock.
8. Lasith Malinga - You're asking for trouble not having him.
9. Ben Laughlin - Bowls well, handy with the bat.
10. Gurinder Sandhu - Has being doing well for NSW, should do well.
11. Adam Zampa - This guy is seriously good, worry of Botha bowling more than him though.

12. Jordan Silk - Future Aussie batsman.
13. Hilton Cartwright - I like this guy, could be serviceable.
14. Phil Nevill - Love this lad, Gades main man (doubt Buttler will keep).
15. Scott Boland - #vicsdoitbetter Perfect replacement for Malinga when he doesn't play.