ARCHIVE 2016

Started by LordSneeze, February 02, 2015, 05:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungGun

this league is absolutely sick haha entertaining week after week! Bloody Harley, can't stay off the booze. Breaking my balls!

axe9

loving this league ! never been in a league like it before !! great write ups mate

Spite

Awesome write ups!

Very tough league, trading rocky and gaz to sloane and lewis has me languishing near the bottom but a win over the weekend has kept me with the 'chasing finals' pack :)

LordSneeze

Summary will be done when i have time today. A bit difficult while at work to get time to do it. Will def be up before the match tonight.

LordSneeze

With 5 rounds completed we can finally say that everyone has tasted defeat. No more week of unicorns and rainbows for Tiger of Old, while the doors of 3 of our participants are starting to splinter under the consistent barrage of losses. If the poor form continues they may have a fight on their hand to avoid the dreaded relegation positions.

Some good news in that no-one has yet been caught drinking, hair tests will be brought in starting this week to make sure drugs are not being taken..

After the last week the head to head ladder has significantly tightened up. 4 players are 4-1 & a further 7 are only 1 game back. While there is starting to get a bit of a split in the overall points. Dos Destroyer’s has pulled out a 97 point lead on second place, and 400 on the mid table. When we get to the bye rounds we should start seeing a more distinct gap forming between the top and mid table.

The Ladders
Head to Head

Round 5 Results

Engineticians 2045 def by Stubbsy's Heroes 2130
Corkascrew 2174 def bicsbest 1997
Fantasy Addicts 1990 def by WingardiumLobbeosa 2044
Cousins Coke n Ice 1977 def by Terrifying Glue 2115
Mountalizians F.C 2184 def Dos' Destroyers 2169
TRIPLE X 1997 def by Spinach 2089
Big Mac's Army 2174 def $Blues 2110
Frogjumper 2270 def FC HAWKSTOWE 2133
TailsPower 2137 def Tiger of Old 2011

Round 6 fixtures

Engineticians vs Corkascrew
A do or die match for Engineticians, A loss will put him 4 games back from finals and almost kiss away any hope of a finals appearance this year.

Stubbsy's Heroes vs Fantasy Addicts
Fantasy Addicts is in a similar position to Engineticians where only a win will do. A loss could be the first ring of the season closing bell.

Cousins Coke n Ice vs bicsbest
Both teams came off big losses last week and are looking at getting a winning feeling. For the loser I expect a week of crying and the winner a victory dance.

Mountalizians F.C vs WingardiumLobbeosa 
2nd vs 5th. A matchup of epic proportions with the Flying Lion trophy on offer.

Spinach vs Terrifying Glue
After taking over the top spot on the ladder from Tiger of Old, Spinich is looking to extend the lead with a win over Terrifying Glue.

Dos' Destroyers vs Big Mac's Army
After a heartbreaking loss with a 5th highest score for the week Dos returns to his home ground Ctrl+alt+landfill Stadium to try to knock off a Big Mac’s Army in good form.

TRIPLE X vs Frogjumper
Will the view of Triple X be enough to scare the pants off the Frog or will the Frog withstand the pressure?

TailsPower vs $Blues
This match is of giant significant to TailsPower, with the unveiling of the new stadiums name â€" The Miles “Tails” Prower Oval in honour of the beloved Sonic the Hedgehog Character

Tiger of Old vs FC HAWKSTOWE
It doesn’t get any easier for FC HAWKSTONE with a matchup against a Tiger of Old out for vengeance after his first loss last week. Which team will bounce back better from last week’s loss?

Home Ground List
Spinach â€" The Olive
Corkascrew - Thamrin Kav
Big Mac’s Army â€" Delligatti-Glickstein Oval
Dos Destroyers â€" Ctrl+alt+landfill Stadium
TailsPower - Miles Prower Oval

FF Medal â€"Round 6 Points and ladder

Round 6
18 Points - Frogjumper 2270
17 Points - Mountalizians F.C 2184
16 Points - Big Mac's Army 2174
16 Points - Corkascrew 2174
14 Points - Dos' Destroyers 2169
13 Points - TailsPower 2137
12 Points - FC HAWKSTOWE 2133
11 Points - Stubbsy's Heroes 2130
10 Points - Terrifying Glue 2115
9 Points - $Blues 2110
8 Points - Spinach 2089
7 Points - Engineticians 2045
6 Points - WingardiumLobbeosa 2044
5 Points - Tiger of Old 2011
4 Points - bicsbest 1997
4 Points - TRIPLE X 1997
2 Points - Fantasy Addicts 1990
1 Points - Cousins Coke n Ice 1977

Ladder
72 Points - Spinach
70 Points - Dos' Destroyers
67 Points - Mountalizians F.C
64 Points - Corkascrew
54 Points - WingardiumLobbeosa
54 Points - Big Mac's Army
53 Points - Terrifying Glue
51 Points - TRIPLE X
50 Points - FC HAWKSTOWE
50 Points â€" TailsPower
50 Points - Frogjumper
46 Points - Tiger of Old
45 Points - Stubbsy's Heroes
40 Points - $Blues
33 Points - bicsbest
28 Points - Fantasy Addicts
18 Points - Engineticians
12 Points - Cousins Coke n Ice

Don’t forget that the SC Cup starts for real this week after the complementary bye round. I would expect everyone to still be in next week. Hopefully NO MORE INJURIES for anyone.
Sorry for the delay these last 2 weeks, ive had a lot on my plate.
Good Luck, may the football be in your corner.

YoungGun

Another tight loss for me this week, this league is brutal! It is anyones

I might be a bit slow, but what's the back-story to my home ground's name lol

LordSneeze

Quote from: YoungGun on May 18, 2015, 04:15:09 PM

Its a play on your name and then the play on them.
Name - Dos Destroyers
Dos - MS-DOS is an old Computer system.
Destroyers - It is rumored that there is a Computer Graveyard located in the small town of Guiyu in China.
The name itself CTRL-ALT-LANDFILL is a play on the computer term CTRL+ALT+DELETE & the another name for a rubbish dump (Landfill).

Hope that makes sense.

djbics

Better score this week, climbing towards respectibility  :D

YoungGun

Quote from: LordSneeze on May 18, 2015, 04:23:59 PM
Quote from: YoungGun on May 18, 2015, 04:15:09 PM

Its a play on your name and then the play on them.
Name - Dos Destroyers
Dos - MS-DOS is an old Computer system.
Destroyers - It is rumored that there is a Computer Graveyard located in the small town of Guiyu in China.
The name itself CTRL-ALT-LANDFILL is a play on the computer term CTRL+ALT+DELETE & the another name for a rubbish dump (Landfill).

Hope that makes sense.

ahh yes, I figured the control alt delete reference but never knew MS-DOS was an old computer system. you've kindly provided the missing link for me. I always wonder how Dos' reads to others lol its a nickname from footy as everything gets shortened Hayden to Haydos to Dos. I get a feeling people read it as Doses

Spite

No stress about the write ups LS, it's all a bonus. What a great league! Happy to get my second winm each one is so hard to obtain. Will give Spinach a run for his money this week I reckon :)

Gigantor

Quote from: Spite on May 19, 2015, 10:46:17 PM
No stress about the write ups LS, it's all a bonus. What a great league! Happy to get my second winm each one is so hard to obtain. Will give Spinach a run for his money this week I reckon :)

Bring it on!!

Had a sticky beak at your team, good to see we have a few POD's to make things interesting :)

djbics

Quote from: Gigantor on May 20, 2015, 12:27:38 AM

Bring it on!!

Had a sticky beak at your team, good to see we have a few POD's to make things interesting :)

Thats funny cause I thought I was matched up against Spinach this week  :o Or are you referencing overall points?

Gigantor

Quote from: djbics on May 20, 2015, 09:16:06 AM
Quote from: Gigantor on May 20, 2015, 12:27:38 AM

Bring it on!!

Thats funny cause I thought I was matched up against Spinach this week  :o Or are you referencing overall points?

I think you are right, no matter, I'll take on anyone:)

Capper

Turning it around this weekend and it will be my firs twin of the season. First win of many

LordSneeze

The 6th week of matches are over, and with the amount of injuries last week equalling the amount of buffons in government some teams were decimated, while others remained relatively unscathed. It was a week when bench cover was crucial in overcoming your opposition and goes to show how important it could be in performing well this year.

Cousins Coke n Ice is being given an official warning for unauthorised drinking and drug use. It could be the reason for his poor run of form.

There are 2 games separating 1st from 14th going into round 7, and only 1 between 3rd and 14th. It is still anyones to win or lose. While the Head to Head ladder is still close, the horror week that was is starting to split the chasing pack in overall points. Dos Destroyer Destroyer still leads overall, however Spinach is hot on his heels.

The Ladders
Head to Head

Round 6 Results

Engineticians 2034 def by Corkascrew 2099
Stubbsy's Heroes 1938 def by Fantasy Addicts 2166
Cousins Coke n Ice 2056 def by bicsbest 2238
Mountalizians F.C 2248 def WingardiumLobbeosa 2030
Spinach 2233 def Terrifying Glue 2098
Dos' Destroyers 2146 def by Big Mac's Army 2158
TRIPLE X 1986 def by Frogjumper 2267
TailsPower 2007 def by $Blues 2071
Tiger of Old 2024 def by FC HAWKSTOWE 2224

Round 6 fixtures

Engineticians vs Fantasy Addicts
Fantasy Addicts has a great chance to extend his winning streak to 2 when he visits “The Boiler Room” for a matchup with Engineticians.

Cousins Coke n Ice vs Corkascrew
After the official warning to Cousins for drinking and drug use, will it be the reality check he needs to pick his season up off the footpath.

Mountalizians F.C vs Stubbsy’s Heroes
Mountalizians is looking to get another win and hopefully jump into the top spot on the leaderboard after this week. He has a great chance to do this playing a Stubbsy’s Heroes team reeling after a big loss last time out.

Spinach vs bicsbest
A match that has the potential to be an upset of massive proportions. The leading Spinach is hoping that bicsbest showed his best with a massive score last week.

Terrifying Glue vs Frogjumper
A very tough match for Terrifying Glue, who is hosting a Frogjumper team that has scored the highest score of the week for 2 consecutive weeks. Will the advantage of playing at Gluetopia be enough to cause an upset.

WingardiumLobbeosa vs Big Mac's Army
A big, middle of the table matchup with the winner gaining the advantage in the run for finals. This is one match that is almost impossible to pick on paper.

TRIPLE X vs Tiger of Old
After a great start to the year, Tiger of Old has lost 2 on the trot. A win is crucial to reverse the slide down the ladder.

TailsPower vs Dos' Destroyers â€" Match of the Round
Both teams are coming off close losses in the last round. Which team will bounce back and begin the move up the ladder. Dos’ Destroyer is leading the overall points and is due to get a win, but don’t count out the tenacity of TailsPower.

$Blues vs FC HAWKSTOWE
FC HAWKSTONE had a big win last time out, while $blues also got the rewards in his matchup. This is a difficult match to predict, however FC HAWKSTONES consistency places him as the favourites with the bookies.

Home Ground List
Spinach â€" The Olive
Corkascrew - Thamrin Kav
Big Mac’s Army â€" Delligatti-Glickstein Oval
Dos Destroyers â€" Ctrl+alt+landfill Stadium
TailsPower - Miles Prower Oval
Terrifying Glue â€" Gluetopia
Engineticians â€" The Boiler Room

FF Medal â€"Round 7 Points and ladder

Round 7
18 Points - Frogjumper 2267
17 Points - Mountalizians F.C 2248
16 Points - bicsbest 2238
15 Points - Spinach 2233
14 Points - FC HAWKSTOWE 2224
13 Points - Fantasy Addicts 2166
12 Points - Big Mac's Army 2158
11 Points - Dos' Destroyers 2146
10 Points - Corkascrew 2099
9 Points - Terrifying Glue 2098
8 Points - $Blues 2071
7 Points - Cousins Coke n Ice 2056
6 Points - Engineticians 2034
5 Points - WingardiumLobbeosa 2030
4 Points - Tiger of Old 2024
3 Points - TailsPower 2007
2 Points - TRIPLE X 1986
1 Points - Stubbsy's Heroes 1938

Ladder
87 Points - Spinach
84 Points - Mountalizians F.C
81 Points - Dos' Destroyers
74 Points â€" Corkascrew
68 Points - Frogjumper
66 Points - Big Mac's Army
64 Points - FC HAWKSTOWE
62 Points - Terrifying Glue
59 Points - WingardiumLobbeosa
53 Points - TRIPLE X
53 Points â€" TailsPower
50 Points - Tiger of Old
49 Points - bicsbest
48 Points - $Blues
46 Points - Stubbsy's Heroes
41 Points - Fantasy Addicts
24 Points - Engineticians
19 Points - Cousins Coke n Ice

Feel free everyone to keep us in the loop of how you are going in the SC Cup. For those of you have SC Gold. I myself have got one of the tougher matchups this week taking on one of the highest scoring players of the bottom half last week.