Main Menu

Drawing to a close

Started by MissPies, March 19, 2010, 05:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissPies

As we all ponder on our Dream Team and Super Coach Teams, the real action begins at the first bounce. I have seen the ball up in the pre-season and I do welcome this, however, if they decide to take away the centre square bounce I will be somewhat dumbfounded.

Rules seem to be a dime a dozen over recent years. The controversy of AFL becoming a non-contact sport remains in the back of our minds. The rush behind has come in favour of most AFL fans. Also bringing more skill to the game along the goal square with quick decision making on whether to concede or turn over.
The 9 point in pre-season matches should remain there.

In 2012 we shall see two more teams added with the Gold Coast and West Sydney. While this is a positive step in taking the AFL forward into unknown territory. There are extra sponsors needed to back up the concept. I feel we need current sponsers to get behind our already fit and known teams that began mostly in the early years of 1900's (and some before). Some teams are struggling to make ends meet with what they have, so why put pressure on our already financially strained teams?

Then there is the question for any player to roam free in 2012. Taking the most lucrative offer available. I also welcome this. Why? Because it will show and tell us who is loyal.

As we come to a close of the pre-season and our next leap into the 2010 Premiership. Let us all play fairly with pride and honour, skill and integrity.

Cheers :)

ossie85

Exactly right! No matter the rules, may the best team win, for this the best game in the world!

Whilst I welcome the AFL in expanding the competition, I must admit I'm still annoyed about Tasmania being excluded from the AFL plans, a state who has been football made for as long as Victoria. I fear Tassie will only get a team if a failed Victorian team relocates.

Having said that, I do look forward to seeing the Gold Coast and Western Sydney teams unfold, for better or for worse!

MissPies

nas

There is a tad of excitement up here on the GC & in the Bully there is a lot of banner in the TXT chatroom with AFL vs NRL. Great read on the comments tho