RaisyDaisy's 2014 SC Progress Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, May 01, 2014, 09:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

I'm starting this a bit late this year, but decided I should do it as it just gives me my own place to put down my thoughts, plan ahead, and seek advice from anyone who is willing to offer some :)

Rd1 was a slow start, but everything has been on the improve since, and hopefully things can continue.

2014 Overall Tracker

Rd1  17,397
Rd2  11,552
Rd3  8,388
Rd4  3,952
Rd5  1,782
Rd6  1,772
Rd7  2,726
Rd8  1004
Rd9  1020
Rd10 1146
Rd11 698
Rd12 770
Rd13 1025
Rd14 927
Rd15 1252
Rd16 1248
Rd17 885
Rd18 760
Rd19 870
Rd20 1002
Rd21
Rd22

RaisyDaisy

Current Team at the end of Rd6 (22 Trades Remaining)

DEF: Mitchell, Hibberd, Simpson, Enright, LMac, Langdon (Langford, Georgiou)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Libba, Polec, Tyson, Crouch, Robertson (Taylor, Buckley)

RUC: Sandi, Hampson (Currie, King)

FWD: NRoo, Danger, Dusty, Zorko, Pav, Higgins (Lloyd, Impey)

375k in the kitty

I have done my homework, planned my trades over the next few weeks and have come up with the following which I would like to get some opinions on

I have done all the sums and I will be able to afford to do all these moves each week, and they are also great trades for me in terms of byes too allowing me to field enough players through the byes (rd8 and rd9 - will trade off rd10 rookies before their bye)

Rd7
LMac - Swallow
Langdon - Cutler

Rd8
Crouch - Watson
Higgins - O'Rourke via Taylor or Honeychurch (Really hoping he gets named as swinging him and Taylor would be perfect)
Hampson - Mummy

Rd9
Polec - Jelwood

Will be left with 16 trades and the following team only requiring 4 more premo's for completion

DEF: Mitchell, Hibberd, Swallow, Simpson, Enright, Langford (Cutler, Georgiou)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Jelwood, Watson, Beams, Libba, Tyson, Robertson (O'Rourke, Buckley)

RUC: Sandi, Mummy (Currie, King)

FWD: NRoo, Danger, Dusty, Zorko, Pav, Taylor (Lloyd, Impey)

Before rd10 I will downgrade 2 of Tyson/Roberton/Taylor/Cutler for new rookies or premiums

With Mummy not playing this week I am able to get him next week at his current 565k price, and even if he does get injured in the future he will be worth well over 600k so trading him will be easy and will make a profit too, so getting him next week, and being a rd9 ruck is perfect for me

I'm really happy with what I have come up with - I just hope that I don't get any injuries or surprise omissions so I can actually execute this plan

Ringo

Hope you have much better luck with your plan than mine. Mine thrown out the window with Griffiths being omitted so had to do a reshuffle and may cost me an extra trade now.

Nice plan though and like it. Just my opinion think Langdon may be the better to retain than Langford but probably not a lot of difference points wise.

RaisyDaisy

Thanks for dropping by Ringo :)

I have managed to dodge the carnage this round (so far!) and I really do hope I can get through the next few weeks and execute this

Langdon is going this week, but it's purely because of his bye, plus he has made enough :)

tor01doc

RaisyDaisy

I'm actually not upset about Langdon scoring big last night just after I traded him out because the bigger picture has my team looking good

Yeah it would have obviously been nice if he didn't do so well but that's SC for you!

RaisyDaisy

So it's looking like this week is going to be brutal for me

Looking at my originally planned trades for this upcoming week, I am starting to have some second thoughts

I'm thinking that instead of getting Jobe, perhaps I should look at getting a POD into my team, someone like Ward

Higgins is also making it hard for me. He was going to be downgraded to generate funds, but he is doing a great job at F6

Hmmmmm  :-\

RaisyDaisy

So I only dropped 950 places overall, couldn't believe it as I was convinced I would drop 5000 or so

Hopefully I can do well through the byes and improve my ranking

Having a look at the trades I had planned, I am really stumped on where to go. I have decided to keep Mitchell and save the trade, but Higgins has me really undecided

I think I am going to trade him this week, because even if I keep him, yes he will go up another 30k this week and then has the bye, but I need to generate funds this week. Feels odd getting rid of him because he scoring great for a F6, but I cant see any other options that allow me to generate the same amount of funds other than Polec and Tyson but I am keeping them both up until their byes

Ringo

Maybe this week RD just get rid of any Round 8 Rookies nearing ceiling to other rookies on the bubble to generate cash.
That is what I am doing and ensuring I have 18 players available eg Pendles is in my sight for Round 9 (Did not have the gonads to have all of Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Beames from start).  Remember any prem you bring in this week will also have a bye in the next 2 weeks.

RaisyDaisy

OK so I have come up with my revised plan over the byes, and this is obviously pending teams

This week
Mitchell - McVeigh
Crouch - Ward

Next week
Buckley - Acres
Polec - Watson
Hampson - Sauce/Goldy or wait the following week to get Minno/Mummy

Week after
Robertson - Hartung/Morabito/Whoever
Tyson - Jelwood

Might even look to downgrade Cutler or Georgiou if an option presents itself, then the following week will be Langford to Hanley/Hurn/affordable prem defender

Entering Rd11 I am hoping to have 11/12 trades remaining and the following team

McVeigh, Hibberd, Swallow, Simpson, Enright, Hanley (Rookie, Rookie)

Ablett, Pendles, Jelwood, Watson, Beams, Libba, Ward, Acres (Taylor, Hartung/Morabito)

Sandi, Sauce/prem ruck (Currie, King)

NRoo, Danger, Dusty, Zorko, Pav, Higgins (Lloyd, Impey)

Upgrading Higgins to prem D6 should be easy, and then I will just have to wait for cows to moo to bring in my final Mid

Ringo

Nice plan RD Personally I would be cautious on Hanley as I think he may be managed with his back injury. Just my opinion though.

Vinny

That looks like a good plan man.

Two upgrades left after byes, really one. Higgins will cost your loose change in the bank to upgrade.

I'd swap the Hampson trade with the Robertson one. Let's you have one more week to see if Goldy tonnes and is worth getting in.

You'd be stoked with keeping Tyson over Dunstan.

Like I said, everything looks good.

You should come home strong RD.

Check out my thread if you have the time ;)

RaisyDaisy

Thanks for the comments guys

Ringo, seeing as I don't plan on getting Hanley/final defender until rd11 I have enough time to see how things go there

Vinny, I don't need to swap the Hampson and Robertson trades, I can just delay the Hampson trade to the following week as I only have 2 trades then, plus it allows Robertson to get another cash rise, and then I bring in Jelwood after he has played Freo with a 154 BE :)

Tyson over Dunstan was never in doubt hehehe. Like I said a week or so ago, Dunstan had made 187k which is heaps, plus looked tired where as Tyson has been in the system and had more money to make - just glad to have got that one right so far :)

There might be a 3rd trade this week, just need to see if Impey gets dropped. If he does, I will trade him to Ambrose if named or Hallahan. If I get Ambrose then I can get Rocky/Fyfe/Swan instead of Ward so that will give me something to think about

Vinny

That sounds good man.

Extra trade looks solid for bringing in the extra premium but with Belly coming back soon, could Ambrose become dead weight in a few weeks?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Vinny on May 06, 2014, 03:33:03 PM
That sounds good man.

Extra trade looks solid for bringing in the extra premium but with Belly coming back soon, could Ambrose become dead weight in a few weeks?

Couldn't be much worse than Impey  :P Is just F8 anyway

I'm hoping Impey gets named because I don't want to waste a trade on him