CFC 1979

whispers around geelong are that Boak is ready to sign on to geelong

they are just waiting for the ablett saga to unfold

nas

Has also been linked to Carlton with wait for it Gibbs into the deal

Master Q

Quote from: naste on June 30, 2010, 09:39:19 PM
Has also been linked to Carlton with wait for it Gibbs into the deal
If Carlton trade Gibbs I will punch Rat in the stomach.

numberwang

if Port trade Boak, I will punch rhode in the stomach

numberwang

Boak stays!

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/98085/default.aspx

Where does that leaves Geelong and Ablett? They weren't happy chappys (excuse the pun) at three quarter time.

bunyip

Gablett, great player though he is, is only one player. We've won games without him before. He missed a whole month in 2008 and we won most games without him.
I don't want him to leave because we are a better team with him, but I am resigned to the likelyhood that he will go. It's just too much money to knock back.
What REALLY cheeses me off is we get nothing for him. Draft picks are so much bullsh, we should get what he's worth in cash. If these predatory clubs had to pay the target club as much as they offer the player, it would stop.

Bubble O Bill

Boo hoo!
You might just win 3 of the last 4 flags and now it's coming to an end your crying about it.
The bull-crap former father/son rule which is bias to Vic clubs set you up for your reign.  Seems only fair a new rule taketh back

Master Q

Quote from: Bubble O Bill on July 14, 2010, 04:40:52 PM
Boo hoo!
You might just win 3 of the last 4 flags and now it's coming to an end your crying about it.
The bull-crap former father/son rule which is bias to Vic clubs set you up for your reign.  Seems only fair a new rule taketh back
It is true, but btw, The rule should stay, but It's true.

bunyip

The father/son rule only seems biased towards Victorian clubs because we've been around long enough to take advantage of it Bubble O Dill.
I heard there is a West Coast player who qualifies next year.
Yer, I'm a little pissed because Gabletts probably leaving, who wouldn't be? And yes, we got him under the father-son rule, big deal. Geelong were so low at the time we probably would have drafted him anyway.
truth be known, it's probably just as well Gold coast are targeting him anyway, at least Geelong can survive without him.
How would you feel if they were after one of your star players. A struggling club that can ill afford to lose a leader on or off the field. Or one of the other strugglers fighting their way up the ladder.
Geelong are paying a heavy price for the leagues expansion plans. Not just in players but in other personel as well. We've also lost 2 assistant coaches . Other support staff have also been offered jobs interstate but are staying. In the end Geelong will survive. Other clubs will be hurt to when it is revealed after this season what players Gold Coast have recruited, but they to will recover and move on. But it does hurt, we all love our players, especially our champs, and we hate to see them go. But we'll get over it.

Master Q

I sound like a AFL official here but, It's all for the better bunyip, Every team has their run, Every team, get over it.

bunyip

I think you've completely missed my point MQ. Geelong will survive, other teams will be hurt, and read my last sentence again. We move on don't we.