Main Menu

An idea

Started by dyslexiauntied, January 01, 2011, 11:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyslexiauntied

Just a thought what if I don't select first year players from sides who have the bye in rounds 1,2,3 & 7 and select players who will play the first three rounds wait until the players increase as of round 7 (or even after round 3 if they get injured) then unloaded the duds not scoring that many points for successful players from any of the Gold Coast Suns, Adelaide Crows, North Melbourne and Collingwood players that will increase massively in value after that round. Any thoughts?

McRooster

Trades are gold.

If you research well it won't matter whether they play in those early bye rounds or not, they will be there when you need them and save you a trade. You do risk missing out on the bargains and risk paying too much at the start of the season just for those who look to play early and may not achieve growth.

This is known as 'The Relton Theory'  ;)

*This should be dicussed in strategy BTW  ;D

DT87

Peter Jankulovski (the lead designer of DT) said back in October "it is important to note that the overall competition will play out over the entire 24 rounds". This means prices will change and scores will count towards overall ranking in Rounds 4-6, so your suggestion won't work. If scores didn't count in those rounds, the winner of DT would be someone who's team consists almost entirely of Freo, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane players, which would be stupid, so it is a good thing that the bye rounds count for something.

dyslexiauntied

What I was suggesting is making some money early by not picking players from certain sides and then investing in them later when they haven't changed their preseason prices. Gold Coast players won't change before round 7 and this gives us a look at who is good before we invest some money in them. Swallow could rise very quick if the reports are correct. Or have they change the pricing method.

DT87

Quote from: dyslexiauntied on January 01, 2011, 02:19:15 PMGold Coast players won't change before round 7

As I said before, players will change price in Rounds 4-6. Prices are supposed to reflect how desirable a player is for selection at any point in the season (the two game bubble period is a bit of an exception, but I think we all agree the bubble period is a good idea), which wouldn't be true if a sub-$100k GC player averaged over 100 over the first 6 rounds and was still sub-$100k after Round 6 (then his price would probably go up by more than $200k the following week, which is even more ridiculous), or if someone like Brent Harvey averaged less than 60 for the first 6 rounds and was still around $400k. The fact that there are three byes and no league games in Rounds 4-6 definitely doesn't justify a freeze in player prices for those rounds, especially since the points scored in those rounds count towards overall ranking.

pyronerd

Quote from: DT87 on January 01, 2011, 02:30:04 PM
Quote from: dyslexiauntied on January 01, 2011, 02:19:15 PMGold Coast players won't change before round 7

As I said before, players will change price in Rounds 4-6. Prices are supposed to reflect how desirable a player is for selection at any point in the season (the two game bubble period is a bit of an exception, but I think we all agree the bubble period is a good idea), which wouldn't be true if a sub-$100k GC player averaged over 100 over the first 6 rounds and was still sub-$100k after Round 6 (then his price would probably go up by more than $200k the following week, which is even more ridiculous), or if someone like Brent Harvey averaged less than 60 for the first 6 rounds and was still around $400k. The fact that there are three byes and no league games in Rounds 4-6 definitely doesn't justify a freeze in player prices for those rounds, especially since the points scored in those rounds count towards overall ranking.
+1 it would make it too unfair if they froze the prices for rounds 4-6