WXV 2014 Rule Changes: Open Forum

Started by ossie85, December 16, 2013, 12:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Yeah that's what I figured. Thanks :)

ossie85

Currently reconfiguring my spreadsheet....

These are my 'current' multipliers...

C   2
CC   1.5
CCH   2.5
CCHR   2.6
CCR   1.6
CH   3
CHR   3.1
H   2
HR   2.1
L   0.25
LH   1.25
P   0.5
PH   1.5
R   1.1

Reckon some would be able to work those out just from that...

CrowsFan

Captain
Co-captain
Co-captain + Home Ground Advantage
Co-captain + HGA + Rested
Co-cpatiain + Rested
Captain + HGA
Captain + HGA + Rested
HGA
HGA + Rested
Late inclusion (not from emergency list)
Late inclusion + HGA
Out of Position
OoP + HGA
Rested

??

If those are right then you should also have CR on there shouldn't you? Which would be 2.1.

ossie85

Great stuff :)

And yes!  I missed one

Holz

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 27, 2014, 11:10:44 AM
I think he was just saying he was going to swap Watts between forward and defense each week depending on where a 4th player was needed.

Yeah that's it, having a F/B is like having the option to flood or attack each week.

ossie85

Quote from: ossie85 on February 27, 2014, 08:17:14 AM
^ we can discuss the above more, but official results!

14 coaches votes (with Pacific, Buenos Aires, New York and Toronto not voting).

Resting

Approved. 8-6

Some details to smooth out with how Champions League scores are calculated. But basically, it will be:

- Is completely optional
- A player nominates which player (only one per week) they would like to rest.
- This player MUST play AFL that week.
- You can't rest a player if you can't field a team. If you don't have anymore emergencies to complete a team during the round, the rested player will be the next person in at QUARTER points and they will no longer be rested.
- For purposes of my processing, a Rested player's score WILL count in the Reserves.
- The rested player MUST play the next round (avoids coaches 'resting' players not in best XV).

Bank

Failed. 2-12

Gamble

Failed. 2-12

Co-Captains

Approved. 14-0

You have the option of either:
- Picking a Captain and Vice-Captain as per normal
- Picking 2 Co-Captains, no Vice-Captain

If picking Co-Captains, each captain's score is multipled by 1.5 (rounded up). If one Co-Captain doesn't play,  the other Co-Captain acts as the sole captain and has the score multipled by 2.

Substitute

Approved. 13-1

Coaches choose before the round starts whether they want to use it or not.

If they use it, any player who starts with a green vest, or is red vested in the first half, will be replaced by an emergency. This can happen for up to 3 players.

Standard emergency rules apply, and can only be replaced by an emergency in the same position.

If no suitable emergency is available, instead of having a player OOP, the player WILL NOT be substituted and the sub score stands. (Heath Shaw is red vested in first half, but you don't have an interchange/emergency to replace him in defense, so his score stands)

A substituted player will have its score counted towards the Reserve team.

Flood

Approved. 9-5

The coach nominates when they submit the team if they want to use the 'Flood' strategy (3 forwards, 5 defenders). This can only be used 3 times a year, and can only be used if they have 5 defenders named in AFL team sheets.

Attack

Approved. 9-5

The coach nominates when they submit the team if they want to use the 'Attack' strategy (5 forwards, 3 defenders). This can only be used 3 times a year, and can only be used if they have 5 forwards named in AFL team sheets.

Go Tall

Fail. 3-11

Go Small

Fail. 4-10

Happy to discuss....

Reminder

kilbluff1985

Flood tactic will be handy for us this round with a couple forwards expected out

Torpedo10