WXV 2015 Milestone Players

Started by Purple 77, April 07, 2015, 04:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Seeing as we are entering our 4th year in WXVs, there will be a lot of playings reaching that 50 game milestone this year, so I thought we could dedicate a thread to these players and officially recognise their efforts!

Round 1 Milestone Players - 50 games

Ben Cunnington (Toronto)
Brent Harvey (Mexico City)
Harry Taylor (Beijing)
Luke Dahlhaus (Tokyo)
Matt Priddis (PNL)
Robert Murphy (Dublin)
Ryan Griffen (Toronto)

Round 2 Milestone Players - 50 games

Brent Stanton (London)
Danyle Pearce (London)
Hamish Hartlett (Christchurch)
Jarryd Blair (Pacific)
Kade Simpson (Mexico City)
Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul)

Round 3 Milestone Players - 50 games

Adam Treloar (Berlin)
Ben Howlett (Pacific)
Bryce Gibbs (Christchurch)
Chris Mayne (London)
Jack Redden (Pacific)
Jeremy Howe (Pacific)
Lance Franklin (Dublin)
Luke Breust (Cairo)
Shaun Atley (Buenos Aires)

Round 4 Milestone Players - 50 games

Chris Masten (New Delhi)
Eddie Betts (Beijing)
Jay Schulz (Buenos Aires)
Jobe Watson (Dublin)
Paul Duffield (New York)

Round 5 Milestone Players - 50 games
Andrew Swallow (Toronto)
Dayne Zorko (Christchurch)
Dion Prestia (Cairo)
Heath Shaw (New York)
Ivan Maric (Mexico City)
Jack Steven (Berlin)
Luke Parker (Tokyo)
Marc Murphy (Rio de Janeiro)
Nic Naitanui (Moscow)
Sean Dempster (Christchurch)
Steve Johnson (New York)

Round 6 Milestone Players - 50 games

David Zaharakis (Rio de Janeiro)
Grant Birchall (Dublin)
Leigh Montagna (New York)
Paddy Ryder (Toronto)
Shannon Hurn (Mexico City)
Colin Garland (Berlin)

Round 7 Milestone Players - 50 games

Angus Monfries (Moscow)
Matthew Boyd (Christchurch)

Round 8 Milestone Players - 50 games

Andrew Mackie (Rio de Janeiro)
Brett Deledio (Mexico City)
Mathew Stokes (Mexico City)

Round 9 Milestone Players - 50 games

David Hale (Rio de Janeiro)
Heritier Lumumba (London)
Jack Grimes (Berlin)
Jarrod Harbrow (PNL)
Luke Hodge (PNL)
Michael Hibberd (Berlin)
Sam Mitchell (Christchurch)
Shane Edwards (London)

Round 10 Milestone Players - 50 games

Dayne Beams (Cairo)
Jack Watts (Berlin)
Jack Ziebell (Toronto)
Luke Shuey (Christchurch)
Mitch Robinson (Toronto)
Pearce Hanley (Cairo)
Stephen Hill (Rio de Janeiro)

Round 11 Milestone Players - 50 games

Lewis Jetta (Berlin)
Jack Gunston (Dublin)
Dan Hannebery (London)
Matthew Broadbent (Mexico City)
David Armitage (Moscow)
Mike Pyke (New York)
Isaac Smith (Toronto)
Matthew Pavlich (Toronto)

Round 12 Milestone Players - 50 games

Bernie Vince (Rio de Janeiro)
Cale Hooker (Beijing)
Jamie Elliott (Christchurch)
Lindsay Thomas (Buenos Aires)
Nat Fyfe (Berlin)

Round 13 Milestone Players - 50 games

Cyril Rioli (PNL)
Sam Gibson (Pacific)

Round 14 Milestone Players - 50 games

Chad Wingard (PNL)
Chris Yarran (Tokyo)
Daniel Cross (Berlin)
James Kelly (Toronto)
Josh J Kennedy (New York)
Shaun Higgins (Cape Town)

Round 15 Milestone Players - 50 games

Josh Caddy (Beijing)
Paul Puopolo (Cairo)
Robbie Gray (Moscow)
Tom Scully (Christchurch)

Round 16 Milestone Players - 50 games

Aaron Sandilands (Christchurch)
Shaun Grigg (Mexico City)

Round 17 Milestone Players - 50 games

Brodie Smith (Cairo)
Liam Shiels (Beijing)

ossie85

Good to see young chaps like Cunnington and Boomer reach 50 games in the same round :)

Purple 77

Round 1 Milestone men

All these players played their 50th match in round 1.

Ben Cunnington (Toronto)
Started his career at New York and was drafted at pick 317 (18th round) in the Official WXV Draft by then coach Sid.

Brent Harvey (Mexico City)
Has now played for three clubs; New Delhi, Buenos Aires and now Mexico City. Boomer was initially drafted at pick 121 by then New Delhi coach FisherSaints.

Harry Taylor (Beijing)
Has stayed loyal to his Beijing Thunder (and Bears for you old-coaches) for the whole of his career, and was originally drafted at pick 87 by then coach bomberboy.

Luke Dahlhaus (Tokyo)
Enter's his fourth season for Tokyo as a one club player, yet was originally drafted by current PNL coach HP all the way down at Pick 266.

Matt Priddis (PNL)
Again, like Taylor and Dahlhaus, has played all of his 50 games for one club. Priddis was the first player ever drafted by PNL, by current coach HP at pick 14.

Robert Murphy (Dublin)
Has played for London, Moscow and Dublin in his 50 game career, and yet was originally drafted by current Cape Town co-coach My Chumps at pick 103.

Ryan Griffen (Toronto)
Has played for Seoul, Moscow and made his debut for Toronto to bring up his 50th. Griffen was originally drafted by former-administrator ossie85 at Pick 41!

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on April 07, 2015, 04:36:15 PM

Good to see young chaps like Cunnington and Boomer reach 50 games in the same round :)

Boomer has another 100 at least in him. Cunnington probably retire before him.

roo boys!

Big weekend for Cunners...100th in the AFL and 50th in the WXV - didn't realise he'd been taken 18th round in the initial draft!

Dahlhaus proving an absolute steal

Boomz

Can't remember what I gave up for Dahlhaus but definitely happy to have him & will hopefully make it to a 100+ as a Tokyo player  8)

JBs-Hawks

Danger 50 this week I believe  8)

Hellopplz

Quote from: Boomz on April 07, 2015, 09:34:51 PM
Can't remember what I gave up for Dahlhaus but definitely happy to have him & will hopefully make it to a 100+ as a Tokyo player  8)
L. Dahlhaus + T. Gillies FOR J. Harbrow + T. Dennis-Lane

Fair to say, I'd prefer Dahlhaus over Harbrow now :(. But not the worse trade as Harbrow has been solid down back for us.

And Priddis you beast! Probably taken too early in the initial draft but shows his worth with his consistency usually :D.

Purple 77

Round 2 Milestone Men

These players celebrated their 50th WXV match in round 2

Brent Stanton (London)
Has been a Royal his entire career, and a serviceable one at that. Stanton was originally drafted with Pick 82 (5th round) by then London-coach Cookie Monster.

Danyle Pearce (London)
The second Royal to bring up his milestone, has also played for London his entire career, originally drafted all the way down at Pick 371 (Round 21) by then London-coach Cookie Monster.

Hamish Hartlett (Christchurch)
Brings up his 50th in his 2nd for Christchurch, Hartlett played his first 48 games for the disbanded Sao Paulo Pumas, originally drafted by premiership-coach CrowsFan/Honeybadger at Pick 75 (5th Round).

Jarryd Blair (Pacific)
Jarryd Balir has travelled the world; playing for Sao Paulo, then New Delhi before bringing up his 50th with the Pacific Islanders. Blair was originally drafted at Pick 214 (12th round) by then Sao Paulo coach CrowsFan/Honeybadger.

Kade Simpson (Mexico City)
Simpson has played his 50 games across two clubs; first playing under the PNL Reindeers before making his move to Mexico City, where he brought up his 50th match. Simpson was originally drafted at Pick 122 (7th round) in the original draft.

Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul)
And last and certainly not least, we see Patrick Dangerfield bring up 50 matches; all in Seoul colours and remains arguably their best ever player. Dangerfield was originally drafted amazingly at Pick 57 (4th round)! But there is even more drama, when in fact the Beijing Bears (that's right, not Thunder) originally drafted him under the tutelage of bomberboy. Dangerfield was traded in the first ever trade window (before the start of the inaugural season) to then Seoul-coach and former-administrator ossie85, in move that can only be described as a masterstroke:
Quote3. ossie85 trades Matt Kreuzer and Steele Sidebottom to bomberboy0618 for Brett Deledio and Patrick Dangerfield

ossie85

JBs-Hawks

And Danger will retire a one club player, at least in WXV.

Purple 77

Round 3 Milestone Men

These players celebrated their 50th WXV senior match in round 3

Adam Treloar (Berlin)
This superstar has brought up his 50th match at the tender age of just 22, one wonders if he will be one of the first to bring up 200? Treloar started his career at Moscow, then to New York and now to Berlin. Treloar was actually originally drafted by then-Beijing coach bomberboy, all the way down at Pick 304 in the 17th round. He was then infamously traded to Moscow in possibly the worst trade of all time:
Quote8. bomberboy0618 trades Adam Treloar to meow meow for Brian Lake (confirmed)
2 Objections

Ben Howlett (Pacific)
A perhaps unlikely type to make 50 games, Ben Howlett started his career at Mexico City before making his way to Pacific. I guess every team wants depth, and when a depth player is always around, they rack up the games (I say this because a lot of them are approaching 50 games). Howlett was originally drafted at Pick 227 by then coach (and eventual premiership coach) Maca24, in the 13th round.

Bryce Gibbs (Christchurch)
Gibbs brings up his 50th match in his 3rd for Christchurch, after previously playing his other 47 for Seoul. Gibbs was an original boom recruit, one of the rare few (18 to be precise) selected in the first round of the original draft at Pick 17, by then coach ossie85.

Chris Mayne (London)
Mayne is the third royal in 2 weeks to bring up his 50th, and like his team-mates, he has played his entire career for London. To have three bring it up at basically the same time, none of them playing for another club, is quite incredible if you ask me. Mayne was originally selected at Pick 241 in the 14th round.

Jack Redden (Pacific)
Redden brings up his 50th in his second year for the Islanders, after previously playing for Cairo and Dublin. Redden was originally drafted at pick 28 in the second round of the initial draft.

Jeremy Howe (Pacific)
Howe did he do it you ask? By first playing for... me (Berlin). Howe did he get traded by a die-hard melbourne supporter? I don't know. I like to think he was one of my few bargain picks in the original draft though, selected at pick 220 in 13th round (the same round as fellow team-mate and half centurion this week in Ben Howlett! Howe cool is that?!). Three in one week for the Islanders!

Lance Franklin (Dublin)
The second of the original drafts' boom recruits to bring up the 50th, big Buddy Franklin got his 50 by playing for two clubs; currently Dublin, and again, previously me (Berlin). I chose (with no regrets) Buddy at Pick 5 in the coveted first round. It took 4 months (I'm not lying, 4 months) of talks between myself and Dublin for him to get traded at the end of 2013.

Luke Breust (Cairo)
Luke brings up his 50th playing for his second club in Cairo, after previously playing for London. Breust was originally drafted an absolute bargain, all the way down at Pick 262 in the 15th round by then coach Cookiemonster.

Shaun Atley (Buenos Aires)
The second 22 year old to notch up the 50 in round 3, Shaun Atley as played for bottom clubs is whole career, first at the the wooden spooners in Dublin, then the formerly struggling New York, and now Buenos Aires. Atley was originally drafted ALL the way down at Pick 375 by then and current Dublin coach Holz.

ossie85

Purple 77

Indeed. I may have to cut down on the write-ups  :-X

Hellopplz

I agree Howlett the most unlikely guy thus far to crack the 50 milestone :P.