Round 3 Captain Choices

Started by Blakeyboy88, April 06, 2010, 03:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakeyboy88

For round 3, who should i have as captain?

Nick Riewoldt vs Collingwood   (161 last rd)
Gary Ablett Jnr vs Fremantle   (128 last rd)
Jonathan Brown vs Port Adelaide   (171 last rd)

Blakeyboy88

Prospector_1

Too early, teams aren't announced yet.

Blakeyboy88

you dont have to vote yet, but can you tell me based on last round's performances?

Prospector_1

Blakeyboy88

Gary Ablett Jnr is amazing, he gets around 120 every week, so he is very consistent, but he doesnt usually get 160's or 170's that often. But it helps that geelong play Freo.

But Jonathan Brown should kick 8 goals, considering they play Port Adelaide this week, and he is having an amazing season.

Im not so sure about Nick Riewoldt, though. He will have to put up with either Heath Shaw or Harry O'Brien from Collingwood, and both those players can shut Nick Riewoldt down at the flick of a switch. And i'm not just saying that because I go for Collingwood. Harry O'Brien and Heath Shaw can shut him down, don't deny it.

browny_wce

crowley is probably the only player in the league who can actually tag gary ablett with some conviction so be wary of that

johnno brown should dominate as fev will draw carlile, their only decent defender, and chad cornes cant play on anyone

but blakey, u are not serious that harry or shaw culd shut down roo?!?!
roo is the modern day king!
he not only is bigger than both these guys, but stronger faster n will not stop running, both harry n shaw are run off players so the only thing they culd do to roo wuld be to make him accountable

maxwell well go to roo n nick wuld embarass him with 14 odd marks n at least 6 goals

kewkumba

Have to agree browny.  Shutting down roo with a flick of the switch is a ridiculous statement.  Particularly with the form he is in.

As for who to pick as captain I think Ablett has to be the one.  He may have had a slight injury to his calf against the mighty Hawks but he will come back stronger than ever next week.  I don't think Freo will try to lock Ablett down this week, just do their best to keep their own running game going.

alman

Early days to be announcing a captain.

You don't get GAJ to not have him captain!

Roo and Brown have had awesome start but don't think that will go unnoticed - they both won the matches for their teams and expect double tag. KPP can be unreliable at best and that is why it is generally a good move NOT to have them as captain. But big rewards if you tempt fate and it pays off  ;D

ELLsendon

None, ROK against Richmond :)
With brown as Vice

marky

O'Keefe, ROO or brown as captain.......my theory is to have captain against showere teams...so im thinking okeefe this week.....but in saying that it back fired with swan!!!!

Justin Bieber

swan was tagged out by macdonald versing the demons. richmond have no real tagger (don't rate jackson or king highly). bulldog mids scored well so if you have to choose between those 3, ROK for me.

Alex7089

Roo is in great form as is Brown but I'd have to go with ROK against Richmond, remember last year Goodes scored 220 against them? They're worse this year :-\

marky

cheers hellopplz.........if i had roo last week i would hit 2300+ spewing thats twice in 2 weeks ive stuffed it....other wise all is looking well made some changes looking settled now....all i need to do is to chase the coin!!!!

tigertops

Im thinking ROK against tigers also.....
otherwise maybe brown